Lukas Krajicek

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
50-60 points..

a patrice brisebois type of player, with more skills... but soft and a question mark with his defence.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
40-60 points... is he still considered a prospect? Will he be on HF's top 50 prospect list?

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I'm losing hope in this guy. I think he'll be lucky to put up 30 points in a season at this point.

50 - 60 points? Are you guys insane? That's like, Pronger & Lidstrom territory.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Jay Thompson said:
I'm losing hope in this guy. I think he'll be lucky to put up 30 points in a season at this point.

Yeah i get a kick out of that as well. So many people only refer to prospects in terms of their absollute ceiling potential even if they have a 1% chance of realizing it.

He is a very good prospect that has had some good results in the minors, not quite at the level of a 60 point prospect yet, to put it very mildly.

CoolburnIsGone

Jay Thompson said:

I can understand the doubting of him putting up 50-60 pts (what are you guys nuts??) but to say he'd be lucky to put up 30 points is underrating him a tad. If you watched him play last yr in the NHL (I got to see about 15 of his games), you can tell he's got some sick offensive skills. I'd say he'll likely average 30 points/season for his career. Take a look at his stats from last season in the NHL:

GP G A Pts
18 1 6 7

If you project that out to 82 games, his stats would be (at the young age of 21...for a d-man, he's got time to get better both offensively & defensively):

GP G A Pts
82 4 27 31

He may put up 40-50 once or twice in his career but I think 30 points is not going to be hard for him to achieve.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
J17ster said:
It looks like he wont be on the HF top 50 this year. Slightly suprising.

He has to be one of the most notable ridiculous omissions on the list. I doubt they put him in the top 25 even if he has the offensive skills to be in the top 25.

I could see Krajicek putting up 50-60 for a season or two but I think 30-45 would be realistic. Had the 2001 draft be re-done, I would bet Krajicek would be around #10-15. He has as good or better offensive skills compared to JBO. He is so smooth too when you watch him.

NV

Aug 22, 2003
He'll never get the icetime he'd need to get 40-60 points because he's a liability defensively. He'll be a marginal guy who will cost his team far more with his mistakes than he will help them with the occasional highlight-reel goal.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Krajicek & Koltsov here in Vancouver are very similar prospects. Both have a wealth of offensive talent, both need work in their own zone. Unfortunatly, I doubt ever see the light of day in the NHL for longer than a cup coffee here and there. They are talented, yes, but few teams are going to be interested in them if they don't shed that 'typical European one-way player' style, and become more rounded players. Koltsov apologists will claim he is trying defensively and he is more physical than he used to be, but come on now, nobody makes the NHL with that little regard for the defensive zone. Krajicek isn't quite as bad as Koltsov is in this respect, but he's not much better either.

Both *could* make the NHL for long periods of time, but that style of player is not so rare anymore (See Ross Lupaschuk if you want to see an example of how these guys can fail). GM's I think prefer guys who are a bit more defensive-minded and will not wilt under the pressure of a neutral-zone trap system.

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
You guys also have to realize he will never be the #1 Powerplay quarterback nor a 1st-pairing offensive defenseman as long as he plays behind Bouwmeester in Florida. I think 30 points is a good projection and 45 point would be his ceiling. If he were to hit the perfect situation, like Modry in Los Angles, maybe 50-60 points is a reach. But that would be him having 20+ mins a game on a 1st defense pairing and seeing premier PP time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad