Value of: Lucas Raymond

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anyone think they know what this RFAs next contract might look like?

He put up 31-41-72 this year playing in all 82 games for Detroit this last season.
Anything under 9 and I’d say detroit did really good

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s a tough one because what we seen him do the second half of the season, was take that next step to be an actual star in the league. He took over games. Don’t see that very often from 21-22’ year old wingers. Especially being as good of a 2-way player already.

Sky really is the limit with him. Last summer he decided he needed to be bigger and stronger, to drive the net better, and not be taken out of plays down low. You seen it from the first shift of the year, and it showed what hard work in the summer does. Yzerman used to say, every summer he’d concentrate on one thing to master. Face offs one year, killing penalties the next, etc, etc. Looks like Raymond is taking that route. By the mid point, he was taking guys one on one, in traffic to the net. Be interesting to see what he works on this summer.

They’re better off locking him up for the 8 years. He on the other hand, may prefer a 4-5 year deal. I would, cause there’s a good bet he’s one of the top players in the league by 24, and to get another 8 year deal at 26 with the bigger resume? Take the $7.5-$8 for 4 years, and then get paid-paid.

Reactions: MagicMann13

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
It’s a tough one because what we seen him do the second half of the season, was take that next step to be an actual star in the league. He took over games. Don’t see that very often from 21-22’ year old wingers. Especially being as good of a 2-way player already.

Sky really is the limit with him. Last summer he decided he needed to be bigger and stronger, to drive the net better, and not be taken out of plays down low. You seen it from the first shift of the year, and it showed what hard work in the summer does. Yzerman used to say, every summer he’d concentrate on one thing to master. Face offs one year, killing penalties the next, etc, etc. Looks like Raymond is taking that route. By the mid point, he was taking guys one on one, in traffic to the net. Be interesting to see what he works on this summer.

They’re better off locking him up for the 8 years. He on the other hand, may prefer a 4-5 year deal. I would, cause there’s a good bet he’s one of the top players in the league by 24, and to get another 8 year deal at 26 with the bigger resume? Take the $7.5-$8 for 4 years, and then get paid-paid.

He’s not really good as a two way player yet. The effort is there but he’s not very effective yet.

That said, somewhere between Matt Boldy and Tim Stutzle is what I think. No way he gets Larkin money or better.

Reactions: lilidk

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I'm really hoping they can get him and Seider for 8x8, but both players would have legitimate claims to 8.5+ with the cap going up and their performance.

I could see them giving both players shorter terms (6 years) to give them a few UFA years in exchange for slightly lower cap hits so that they can get more money in a higher cap environment. That way the Copp/Holl/Chiarot contracts will be gone and they'll have a lot of guys on RFA contracts. Cap might be 100+ million in 6 years.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I think it will be a brige deal unless Raymonds camp are willing to sign ~8.25m for 8 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad