Luc Bourdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Bear_21

Aug 2, 2005
Even since the draft Pierre McGuire has been drooling over this guy... for those that have seen him play, is he the next coming of Chris Pronger (or even Dion Phaneuf for that matter) or are most of the scouting circles correct having ranked him anywhere from the 3rd to 6th best D-man in the last draft?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Papa_Bear_21 said:
Even since the draft Pierre McGuire has been drooling over this guy... for those that have seen him play, is he the next coming of Chris Pronger (or even Dion Phaneuf for that matter) or are most of the scouting circles correct having ranked him anywhere from the 3rd to 6th best D-man in the last draft?

ive only seen him 3-5 times, but it think he was one of the better dman in the Q last year, especially considering the team he was on (Val d'or is terrible). He does remind me of a lower scoring chris pronger. Bourdon is not a setup dman, but he has a rocket and can use it. He is smart defensively and makes few errors. The only knock i have against him is his "creativity", but i dont think it will hurt him too much. He is very physical and will be a top 4 dman for any NHL club for years.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Papa_Bear_21 said:
Even since the draft Pierre McGuire has been drooling over this guy... for those that have seen him play, is he the next coming of Chris Pronger (or even Dion Phaneuf for that matter)?
I hope so, but I highly doubt it. I see him as being somewhere between Phillips and Jovanovski talent wise.

Large_Farva*

Papa_Bear_21 said:

But really, what does Pierre know?

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
This guy can hit and hit hard. I saw him play a couple of times last year and he remember me of Dion Phaneuf.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
He just got drafted. He has a lot of elements of his game to bring together into a consistent package, but the elements are sure there (skating, shot, hitting). If he does get it all together and keeps learning his position, there's no reason to suggest he couldn't become the best defenseman in the draft. Not saying that's likely, but it's possible.

AgentNaslund*

so is he a chris pronger type of a dion phaneuf type? U know, Phaneuf and Pronger are 2 diffrent players. Prongers offence, speaks for itself. his heads up pass is one of the best in the leauge. Phanuef is pretty good offensively. But one of the best open ice hitters in the leauge. So which one, Pronger of Phaneuf, holy cow, i didnt know he was this good.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Dan McGillis.

He won't be THAT good. More like a poor man's Chris Therien...;)

As for Bourdon, I've never seen him play, so I can't make any predictions. But from what I've heard, his upside is that of an Adam Foote-type player. Can't wait so get a better look at him at the WJC's in Vancouver this winter!:yo:

Large_Farva*

Peter Griffin said:
But from what I've heard, his upside is that of an Adam Foote-type player.

Actually, it's Staal that has mainly been compared to Foote.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Large_Farva said:
Actually, it's Staal that has mainly been compared to Foote.

I've heard Bourdon compared to Foote as well. Interesting that Staal would be compared to Adam Foote seeing as Staal isn't known as an overly physical player...

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I hope so, but I highly doubt it. I see him as being somewhere between Phillips and Jovanovski talent wise

That's still really good considering he's the #10 pick in a relatively weak draft. From what I have read, it seems most people agree that Bourdon has a huge upside, while being a relatively safe pick. He has upper level talent in every way except for his hockey sense?

QuickDynamite

Jul 3, 2004
Abu Dhabi
phuser said:
Phaneuf hasn't even played in the NHL yet

I was just about to say that. Phaneuf hasn't even played in the NHL yet and people are talking about him like he's a Top 10 defenseman in the NHL.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Wolfie said:
That's still really good considering he's the #10 pick in a relatively weak draft. From what I have read, it seems most people agree that Bourdon has a huge upside, while being a relatively safe pick. He has upper level talent in every way except for his hockey sense?

Actually compare this draft to last year's and this one blows 2004 apart!

AgentNaslund*

Wolfie said:

2005 is a pretty strong draft year. Its not considered weak. It was considered a a strong draft year. If a talented guy liek Kopitar goes at 11, it tells you alot about the top 10 guys who are real good. I almost crapped in my pants when i heard we had the 10th pick, because it was a strong year, and we drafted a real good player.

http://forum.canucks.com/viewtopic.php?t=96901&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

scroll down like 4 posts. One guy made a good report on what he saw at the rookie camp. Elder impressed, but Luc Bourdon was a step ahead everyone. Im really excited about Bourdon. He can shoot, he can pass, he hits like a monster, and he was one of the fastest skaters out there.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
AgentNaslund said:
scroll down like 4 posts. One guy made a good report on what he saw at the rookie camp. Elder impressed, but Luc Bourdon was a step ahead everyone. Im really excited about Bourdon. He can shoot, he can pass, he hits like a monster, and he was one of the fastest skaters out there.

Pretty tough to be impressed by that. It would be like stepping onto the outdoor rink with a bunch of six and seven year olds and having a "big game". If they aren't dominating at these kinds of camps, they really had no business being drafted in the top round...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i think the 2005 draft was fairly weak outside the top 10 or so...outside of the top 5 for real high end talent even. after that it was just a tossup of players who might be good

benbouch

Nov 13, 2002
Québec
Visit site
I'm living in val-d'or and i really like Bourdon. But the comparison with him and Pronger or Phaneuf are bit to high. He's a very good defenceman who have the potentionnal to be a Phillips or Boynton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad