LT's Fantasy Draft - Rules & Discussion

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Rules will be posted here in the OP shortly.

Any and all discussion related to the draft belongs here.

Rules

Your goal is to draft a 20-man team (12F, 6D, 2G) that would win the 2023-2024 Stanley Cup.

The draft will consist of 20 rounds in a snake order and with a reversed 3rd round. For example, the 1st overall pick order is as follows: 1st, 64th, 96th, 97th, etc.
The 3rd round reversal is due to the extreme discrepancy of elite talent at the top of the first round. We've tried things like this throughout multiple drafts and have settled on reversing the 3rd round as the best way to distribute talent across teams evenly.

There will be a clock for picks. The clock will begin on Monday, May 6th at 9 AM ET. It will run each day from 9 AM ET to 12 AM ET (15 hours total each day). The amount of time given for each pick depends on the round as follows:
Rounds 1-5: 3 hours
Rounds 6-14: 2 hours
Rounds 15-20: 1 hour

Back-to-back picks do not get double time. If you have a currently skipped pick, you will be automatically skipped if you are up again before making up your skipped pick. Multiple skips may result in your clock being reduced or eliminated entirely.

After each pick, you MUST tag and message the next GM up. Please make sure to tag before editing, as tags made via edits will not go through. I recommend turning on email notifications for PMs so that you know when you are up. We also have a Discord server where we can ping GMs when they are up.

Failure to tag and PM the next GM will result in your clock being reduced or eliminated. There's no excuse for not doing so. Yes, Schols, I am talking to you too.

There is NO salary cap.

To be eligible for the draft, players must have played a minimum of one (1) game in the NHL during the 2023-2024 regular season. Players like Michkov, Nikishin, Kravtsov, etc. are NOT eligible and may not be drafted.

Regarding injuries, it is up to each GM to use their discretion on injuries and how they will affect voting. There is nothing stopping anyone from drafting a player who suffered a season-ending injury (like Logan O'Connor), but there are no guarantees that voters won't hold this against you, either. Players who spent the entire year on LTIR are not eligible to be drafted. Keep in mind that the goal is to win the 2023-2024 Stanley Cup.

There will be no trades during the draft. Once the draft is complete, each team may make ONE trade with only ONE other team (no 3-way deals, etc). This trade is limited to a maximum of 3 player swaps. The trade must be the same number of players in and out to maintain 20 players per roster. The trading period will last only 24 hours after the draft. I will NOT honor trades agreed upon before the draft is completed.

Voting will begin within 2-3 days of the draft being completed and after the trading period closes. The voting bracket will be determined in the pick order draft, which will be explained in a separate thread. Each round of voting will last for two days (48 hours). Ties will be settled by a coin-flipping bot in the Discord server. Please vote in every round even if you are eliminated!

GM List:
  1. LT
  2. Gecklund
  3. SRHRangers
  4. Makaveli
  5. Panda Bear
  6. OB5
  7. Squashmaple
  8. ujju2
  9. AslanRH
  10. Nucker101
  11. McMozesmadness
  12. Iwishihadaspacebar
  13. Paralyzer008
  14. EdJovanovski
  15. My Cozen Dylan
  16. Slats432
  17. Zapp
  18. Peter Griffin
  19. Scholarships
  20. m0pe
  21. Blinny
  22. McDoused
  23. Beardoffice
  24. Dr Pepper
  25. trick9
  26. HockeyRulez
  27. hockeynorth
  28. Tryamkin
  29. NeoCanuck
  30. 506
  31. Gibby
  32. Kent Nilsson

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nucker101

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
First draft of rules is up. I know there's a lot there, apologies for the wordiness. Better to be thorough now than having to make things up on the fly later.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Reactions: 506

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
we all agree he's a stud, but not all of we pay enough attention to truly agree with that

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
That's probably just on me, grabbing a goalie in the first round before anyone else had one......how many have been picked so far, five, maybe? :laugh:
I was feeling pretty good about picking Swayman in the second until about... 8:45pm eastern tonight.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
garly-png.867749

• Love
Reactions: Peter Griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad