Injury Report: Loui Eriksson (Update 11/5 - In the lineup!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hope Lou is ok, and that this lights an even bigger fire in the boy's bellies.

Also I hope the league decides to make this 10, and the next guy 15, and the next guy 20. Enough is enough.

It`s the NHL, never happen

Can`t stand the "repeat offender" crap, if a hit is to the head, there should be automatic 10/15 games attached to that hit/from behind, and I don`t care if it`s a Bruins player involved or not

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
NHL shouldn't suspend Scott, they should force the Sabres to dress him for at least 15mins a game for 10-15 games and watch them get lit up.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Hope Loui is alright. Mostly for his health but also he was starting to gel really well with Smith and Bergeron.

Dom on twitter seems to think Soderberg will be moved up with Bergeron. Caron will play with Marchand and Kelly. Considering the Bruins lost such a great talent (hopefully for not too long!) The team still looks pretty good.

But again.. more concerned for Loui than the lines at this point.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hope Loui is alright. Mostly for his health but also he was starting to gel really well with Smith and Bergeron.

Dom on twitter seems to think Soderberg will be moved up with Bergeron. Caron will play with Marchand and Kelly. Considering the Bruins lost such a great talent (hopefully for not too long!) The team still looks pretty good.

Me too, thankfully his game isn`t predicated on physical play (not that he`s soft) but I hope when he returns he isn`t hesitant in the way Horton was

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Yeah I really lost focus of this point...that's the only thing that matters.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Terrible hit guys....my Scott hatred meter is peaking.

Pierre McGuire does a morning bit on TSN 1200 every day in Ottawa, and this morning he said that he actually had to help Loui get a hotel room, because the team hotel was sold out last night. He ended staying in a different hotel in Buffalo.

Poor guy, enough to get hit by an ogre, then you have to drag your carry-on through Buffalo at night with Pierre McGuire. Sounds like a cross between a buddy cop movie and a slasher film.

Best wishes to Loui.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
When are they players going to wake up and stop these reckless hits? To come across the ice at full speed, raise your elbow and nail a guy in the head is inexcusable!!! The league has got to start making mandatory hits to the head at least 10 games for first timers and then 20 games for a 2nd offence, a 3rd time and you out for the year.

Only way players are going to get it is to take away the game they love, as well as the cash that goes with it.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Terrible hit guys....my Scott hatred meter is peaking.

Pierre McGuire does a morning bit on TSN 1200 every day in Ottawa, and this morning he said that he actually had to help Loui get a hotel room, because the team hotel was sold out last night. He ended staying in a different hotel in Buffalo.

Poor guy, enough to get hit by an ogre, then you have to drag your carry-on through Buffalo at night with Pierre McGuire. Sounds like a cross between a buddy cop movie and a slasher film.

Best wishes to Loui.

Sad on the Bruins if thats true

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Sad on the Bruins if thats true

I doubt that NHL teams book a spare room for the night after they leave a city. I'm sure Pierre had Chia's cellphone tapped so he could save the day.

But thanks, Pierre. A bit of a creep and occasionally annoying, but nobody can deny how good of a guy he is. :)

He probably offered Loui a spot in his bed. :laugh:

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
I guess I don't understand the context that he stays in Buffalo for "observation", and is staying by himself in a hotel. I would have though observation meant he was admitted to a hospital room with some monitoring going on.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Don't worry, he will get suspended for 9 games, and he will come back on the 15th for a little meeting with our sheriff and his deputies.

Hope it's nothing serious

Watch, the league will kill 2 birds with one stone here- he'll get 10 just to keep him out of the back to back against you guys. Same thing they did with Rome in the SCF- they gave him enough games to prevent him from returning that series and it turning into a complete gong show.

B's-Sabres have a home and home 12/19 and 12/21. Can't wait.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Not sure i understand staying in buffalo for observation if he was going to a hotel room that night..

If the hospital released him he must be relatively ok

I think it's more refraining from travel, especially flights until they have him properly diagnosed.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I guess I don't understand the context that he stays in Buffalo for "observation", and is staying by himself in a hotel. I would have though observation meant he was admitted to a hospital room with some monitoring going on.

except I don't think anyone used the term "observation". what I read from Chia was "precautionary" which is a different thing.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Not sure i understand staying in buffalo for observation if he was going to a hotel room that night..

If the hospital released him he must be relatively ok

I think if anything, we have reason to be optimistic with Eriksson.
1. He wasn't unconscious at any point.
2. He has next to no history of concussions.
3. He didn't have to stay overnight in a hospital.

Sure, they're being cautious as is the M.O. with head injuries these days (and for good reason), but based on what we've heard, I think there's more reason for relative optimism than pessimism.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think if anything, we have reason to be optimistic with Eriksson.
1. He wasn't unconscious at any point.
2. He has next to no history of concussions.
3. He didn't have to stay overnight in a hospital.

Sure, they're being cautious as is the M.O. with head injuries these days (and for good reason), but based on what we've heard, I think there's more reason for relative optimism than pessimism.

It seemed like he was looking back to see what was going on and it looked as if the players helping him where telling him to just lets get off the ice.

Who knows with these things only time will tell.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I had recently discussed with a friend how much it pisses me off to see a third or fourth liner take out a premiere player. I don't really care which teams are involved, but the league should take this into consideration when handing out suspensions.
What would be real good is if they also tell the Sabres they have to take out one of their top line forwards as well during the suspension. Won't shed a tear if other teams take liberties with the Sabres during their enforcer's suspension. Do you hear me Lindy? ;)
And I hope Loui is okay and returns soon!!!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Scott is a gigantic pos. The nhl should tie him up to a net and have chara take slapshots at him. Then they should have kessel take baseball swings with his stick to him. Then matt cooke should start poking him with his skate blade until he begs for the pain to stop. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad