Injury Report: Loui Eriksson (Update 11/5 - In the lineup!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Loui out on the ice again today in a gold (2nd line) sweater. Pretty sure that means he's cleared for contact or else he'd be wearing the designated "no contact" color wouldn't he?

BTW, Caron is rotating in with that line while Smith is on the 3rd. That tells me that they absolutely are expecting Loui back tomorrow night or else they'd still have Smith skating with the 2nd line IMO.

Yep, skating with second line, although Caron is rotating in.

I didn't think in any way that he'd be ready for tomorrow, still don't. But if Caron is on the second line I'm really going to be pissed. No reason to send Spooner back if that was the case. He must be ready, I hope they're not rushing him back. But I really doubt this team would rush anyone with a concussion back anymore. Must be ready, great news. :handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Glad he's back skating with the team but hope he doesn't play until he's really ready.

After allowing Savvy back way too soon against the Flyers in the playoffs, I`m of the belief this org. will not let that happen again

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
After allowing Savvy back way too soon against the Flyers in the playoffs, I`m of the belief this org. will not let that happen again

I hope you're right... and i agree.

In any case, it must've been a lower-grade concussion Loui sustained if he's already skating in yellow. I doubt it's because they are rushing him.

And that is good news moving forward. I'm sure if it was a higher-grade concussion he'd be out at least another month or so... it really hasn't been that long when you consider other case studies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I hope you are correct.

I really have a feeling the B's will improve and peak when they need to.

Too much talent to not play well.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Great news on Loui! I am cautiously optimistic assuming the Bs would never risk rushing another guy back but concussions do scare the crap out of me ever since Savard.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If he wasn't ready to go he wouldn't be wearing a regular practice jersey.

I trust the medical staff and Loui.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
With spooner going back to Providence my guess is they are pretty confident Louie will be ready this week.

Good news if he is ready for tomorrow.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Sounds like best case for Lou. Very happy, I suspected it would go well for him.

I selfishly hope he passes on the Olympics, but I doubt he will ;)

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/
There is a possibility that Eriksson could suit up Tuesday night for Boston’s home game against Eriksson’s former team – the Dallas Stars.

He was traded to the Bruins on July 4 in a deal that sent Tyler Seguin to the Lone Star State.

"I’m feeling better,’’ said Eriksson. "I’ve been skating for a couple of days now and the head is getting better. I’m feeling pretty good right now. We’ll see about tomorrow. I still have some testing to do.’’

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
any update on boychuk??

He's day to day and was on the ice this morning:
https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/397386387487735808/photo/1
BYPM0FlIEAAkF-T.jpg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
No need to rush Louie. Take your time coming back. Head injuries are no joke. And all it takes is a small Hunwick like hit and you're back home.

I'd be extra cautious.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Damn, I'm surprised he's making such a quick return. Or well, quicker than that I thought. Really good to hear the progression he's made and the fact that they're already seriously considering he could suit up as soon as tomorrow is obviously great news. Must not have been as serious as it could've been, thankfully. Hopefully he is actually ready though, and not rushing this like others have said.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
No need to rush Louie. Take your time coming back. Head injuries are no joke. And all it takes is a small Hunwick like hit and you're back home.

I'd be extra cautious.

Agree with this....the boston organization I'm sure won't rush him back just for the stars match up, although would love to see it...

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If he wasn't ready to go he wouldn't be wearing a regular practice jersey.

I trust the medical staff and Loui.

Yup.

I am always frustrated when fans play doctor. It's not like the organization, or more important Loui himself, aren't better able to judge when he's ready than some fan. People always suggesting players might be rushing or advocating for extra days off like they know better has always confused me.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yup.

I am always frustrated when fans play doctor. It's not like the organization, or more important Loui himself, aren't better able to judge when he's ready than some fan. People always suggesting players might be rushing or advocating for extra days off like they know better has always confused me.

People hear concussion and their mind races to Savard and the worst case scenario. Every time a Bruin gets one it's "omg! He's going to be like Savard."

Loui will do what's right for himself. If he feels good and the doctors agree than that's all that matters.

Unrealistic timetables is a common trend on these boards.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
He was interviewed today and I got the strong vibe that he will be a go for tomorrow night.

And I guess Lindy hasn't been too impressed with Tyler's complete game thusfar, but I expect him to have a good game nonetheless. He'll probably have his milk money stolen on the dot, but definitely will have some good scoring chances.

Needless to say, I've never been so pumped for a Bruins/Stars regular season game. :yo:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He was interviewed today and I got the strong vibe that he will be a go for tomorrow night.

And I guess Lindy hasn't been too impressed with Tyler's complete game thusfar, but I expect him to have a good game nonetheless. He'll probably have his milk money stolen on the dot, but definitely will have some good scoring chances.

Needless to say, I've never been so pumped for a Bruins/Stars regular season game. :yo:

And there have been a couple of really good games between us, too.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

Haven't been following the Stars but I thought I remember hearing that Tyler was moved back to the wing after the first handful of games. Is he back at center?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Haven't been following the Stars but I thought I remember hearing that Tyler was moved back to the wing after the first handful of games. Is he back at center?

I haven't been following them that much either, but I'm pretty sure Seguin is still there. Pevs is playing with Benn and Seguin, he was great on the dot. Could always go with him.

I think they're molding Seguin into their long-term C, though. Anyone who has played wing for 3 years is going to have a tough time going to center, by far the most difficult forward position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad