Loudest Arena? Quietest Arena?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

^here is a random box to confuse you

These threads are always homer fests and the fact that Europe was brought up is the quintessential example of the problem of such a thread.
Everyone might as well just say "insert my team"

Reactions: DaveG

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
It’s going to be absolutely bonkers at Roger’s arena with the white towels. especially those out of town but not out of province Canucks fans who do nothing but get f***ed up and leave a wake of obnoxiousness and mess.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
For loudest I’ll go Florida. They had a nice run last season and their fans are salivating for that cup.

For quietest I’ll go Winnipeg. Smallest arena and the barn has rarely been full this season. In the past they’ve even failed to sellout playoff games.
idk if things have changed but the winnipeg crowd looked pretty wild during their 2018 WCF run

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
For loudest I’ll go Florida. They had a nice run last season and their fans are salivating for that cup.

For quietest I’ll go Winnipeg. Smallest arena and the barn has rarely been full this season. In the past they’ve even failed to sellout playoff games.
which team's fans are cheering though????

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
For Canadian teams Montreal is the consistently the loudest and most actively vocal crowd IMO. Winnipeg is also consistently loud.

For the American teams Carolina is a stand out. Boston and New York are also in the running.

Reactions: _habsfan9

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Quietest Boston and Leafs,
Loud ones Carolina and Winnipeg

Reactions: Ibanezrokr

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
When Winnipeg is at its loudest, it is probably up there, but we don't sustain it as well as some other rinks, especially when the game is boring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ibanezrokr

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You really haven’t been to all 3 have you. MSG reminds me of Barclays with the acoustics. UBS has a ceiling close to the same height as Nassau Coliseum. Nassau Coliseum was the loudest building I’ve ever been in (Shawn Bates game, the 2021 playoffs, Tavares GWG to beat Florida, the Pittsburgh series where Bylsma called a timeout since it was too loud for Fleury). MSG isn’t even loud when the NYPD and FNDY play in that sold out game, it’s honestly overrated.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I find this hard to tell on TV. I went to a Canucks vs SJ playoff game in 2013. It was stupid loud, Lost my voice. Watched highlights next day on TV and it was just avg on the TV.

Reactions: DaveG

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
You don’t follow the sport closely do you?
Close enough to know of a team that has won 1 round of playoff hockey in the last 20 years and only played 1 playoff round 2006-2016. You don't follow the sport closely do you? Arenas are pretty quiet when the home team is losing.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Game 1 VS. LA last season you could hear a pin drop in Rogers. I doubt it’ll be much louder this season

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Pittsburgh is better than it was a few years ago. During the peak years, so many suits in the place not a rowdy fan was to be found. Late civic arena years that place got so delirious, there was nothing like it.

I was at scotiabank a few weeks back and it was dead… the fans barely reacted to anything. Uncomfortably low energy.

It’s been a few years but I remember Buffalo being real rowdy.

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
My favorite team has the loudest arena by far. Your favorite team does not.
this reminded so much of my favourite piece of sports satire.

You Will Suffer Humiliation When The Sports Team From My Area Defeats The Sports Team From Your Area

"It will be remarkably easy for my team to accumulate more points than yours. There are many reasons for this, starting with the inferior physical attributes of the players representing your area. Strength, speed, and agility are just three of the qualities that the players on the team from your area lack. The players representing my area, on the other hand, have these traits in abundance."

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
In the next 3 hours from now, Mullet arena is going to be the quietest arena in the entire world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad