Confirmed with Link: Loubo is back! (as Maher's colour man)

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Great, no if only we could get Loubardias and Kerr together to perform commentary on all Flames games.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
He knows his stuff for sure but his voice is just not made for broadcasting IMO. Neither is Kerr's in all honesty but he's somewhat tolerable. Loubardias' delivery could be downright aggravating at times, similar to that old dude who does (did?) PBP in Buffalo.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I actually like Loubo's voice. Kerr's constant over-the-top delivery is starting to become obnoxious. It's gone from funny (snowballs) to completely aggravating. That said, I'm grateful that atleast all the games are broadcast (in HD), and no more of the Flames PPV BS.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I'm one of the few who don't mind Kerr. The guy's a total goofball but he has actually endeared himself to me quite a bit. I love his enthusiasm. That being said I'd take Loubo back in a heartbeat. He is one of my absolute favorite sports casters. Loubo doing PBP and Kerr color commentating could be good. Simmer bores me to tears.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I like moderate homerization in my commentator. It builds excitement as well as reduces insults towards my teams. I hate watching TSN and their criticism towards the Flames while paying no attention to our promising future.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He knows his stuff for sure but his voice is just not made for broadcasting IMO. Neither is Kerr's in all honesty but he's somewhat tolerable. Loubardias' delivery could be downright aggravating at times, similar to that old dude who does (did?) PBP in Buffalo.

Did you just insult Rick Jeanneret? The guy is a legend.

Trae

Calgary
I hated him when he was PBP for us and welcomed Kerr with open arms. Now I'd do anything to get him back :(

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I hated him when he was PBP for us and welcomed Kerr with open arms. Now I'd do anything to get him back :(

But you'd miss out on classic phrases like:

"10 hundred"

"Where's the beef"

and so fourth.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I really cant stand him. I have been so annoyed with him filling in for Walker. He will take control and talk over the play calling. The man just doesn't know when to shut up. I always thought Brent Krahn would make a great commentator. Too bad he never got a shot at it.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I'm one of the few who don't mind Kerr. The guy's a total goofball but he has actually endeared himself to me quite a bit. I love his enthusiasm. That being said I'd take Loubo back in a heartbeat. He is one of my absolute favorite sports casters. Loubo doing PBP and Kerr color commentating could be good. Simmer bores me to tears.

And again, I used to have no issue with Charlie Simmer for the longest time. That was until someone brought up how much he starts a sentence with "And again". And again, I can't help but notice it several times during a broadcast and it drives me insane.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
And again, I used to have no issue with Charlie Simmer for the longest time. That was until someone brought up how much he starts a sentence with "And again". And again, I can't help but notice it several times during a broadcast and it drives me insane.

Omg thissssss. Someone here mentioned it, and all of a sudden I couldn't stand him anymore. :laugh:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

God damn it :biglaugh:

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
I was hoping Perry Berezan might take a shot at it, but I like Loubo and am happy with the choice. Oh also agree that Brent Krahn would make a great colour guy. Sidenote, Loubo did kind of blow my mind in a bad way the other day on the radio when he said something to the effect that Poirier is a pesky kind of player that doesn't stand out in any area but is effective, doesn't have a great shot and isn't fast. Isn't fast ? Kinda blows my mind since Loubo is a big CHL guy, even if he hasn't kept up it's not hard to look up Poirier on you tube and see his wheels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad