Dreger: Lots of speculation around Chychrun and the 2nd (NJ) and 7th (OTT) overall pick

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
All of this speculation and I think nothing will happen at the draft besides "Select team trades down 3 spots for an extra 3rd round pick"

I think there was one draft where there was a large number of blockbusters in last 5-10 years. Was the the Subban/Weber trade year?

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
While the Devils aren’t exactly stacked at LD it’s certainly not a position of weakness. Maybe they’re assuming Luke Hughes stays at RD when he jumps to the NHL. If that’s the case then the Devils can definitely use a top pairing LD. Just seems like using the pick to address other areas of need makes more sense to me at least.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There is no speculation between Chychrun and the 2OA. This is Darren trying to make himself relevant on one of the biggest days of the year for thr NHL. The presser last night squashes these garbage rumors.
This usually the time of year Dreger is pretty decent. Watching previous drafts when he's on the floor he broke a lot.

Right now though there is just speculation about everything too.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Fitz just said yesterday that there had been no substantial talks about the devils #2 overall pick. Teams had checked in, but that was pretty much it. I don't expect anything to happen there.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
If your Ottawa & shopping the pick wouldn't you be blowing up Chicago's phone to get DeBrincat? They want a high pick

I know RD is a priority but we're talking about a dangerous 40 goal 1st line FWD.

Reactions: Macheteops

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
If your Ottawa & shopping the pick wouldn't you be blowing up Chicago's phone to get DeBrincat? They want a high pick

I know RD is a priority but we're talking about a dangerous 40 goal 1st line FWD.
They'd want more than 7OA. Substantially more. And that's probably where the discussions would end, considering that Debrincat will walk himself to UFA in a couple years regardless of where he ended up.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don’t see the fit from NJ. LD is the strong spot long-term although Chychrun would be a great addition. #2 is far too pricy for Chychrun though and the deal would definitely have to be expanded quite a bit to make sense. To the point where it seems way too complicated to iron out the details.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
still not even a playoff team lmao

I hate the Sens but if they got the type of goaltending Forsberg gave them in 2021-22 (which is not a lock considering his track record), they could be in the playoff race with their current team + Giroux + Chychrun + Pinto emerging/staying healthy. It's a lot of IF's though.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I think there was one draft where there was a large number of blockbusters in last 5-10 years. Was the the Subban/Weber trade year?
Yup.... Hall went to NJ and Stamkos signed an extension, 3 big moves over a couple of days.

Reactions: Wats

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I hate the Sens but if they got the type of goaltending Forsberg gave them in 2021-22 (which is not a lock considering his track record), they could be in the playoff race with their current team + Giroux + Chychrun + Pinto emerging/staying healthy. It's a lot of IF's though.
I hate the habs

That's it that's my post

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
I hear "Chychrun can play on the right side" but how big is the sample and how good was he?
I think it's our coach who refuses to play dmen on thier off side. We need natural RHD to fill out our top 4. 2 are in the top 6 this draft, we just need one team to reach and we could solve that whole issue on defense. Then, hopefully we can sign two wingers for the top 6 and have a happy off season.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Toronto fan bragging about the playoffs? That's rich.
At least we make it, wouldve loved to see how Ottawa would've faired against a team like Tampa. you could make 2-3 big additions this offseason and your team would still be crap.

dont throw stones when you dont even live in a house.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think it's our coach who refuses to play dmen on thier off side. We need natural RHD to fill out our top 4. 2 are in the top 6 this draft, we just need one team to reach and we could solve that whole issue on defense. Then, hopefully we can sign two wingers for the top 6 and have a happy off season.

Well, some guys don't play as well on their wrong side, coach or not.

Drafting a RHD is great, but you're usually looking at a few years before they can log the required minutes in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad