Lost treasure: 1925 Hamilton Tigers sweater

Hamilton Tigers

Mar 20, 2010
Hamilton

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Wow, what an intriguing & fascinating story! I remember watching the film about this guys "Quest" for a Tigers jersey, articles in the Spectator & so on, and of course being a hockey history & mystery ~ memorabilia buff a story that certainly captivated me; piqued my interest big time.... and now this...... Just gets weirder & stranger huh? WHAT a story. How on earth did it wind up in a plastic container buried away in the attic like recesses of a groundskeepers shack, and what clues if any did the accompanying photographs provide I wonder.... and whats become of it now? Thats just crazy that whomever at the company that now owns the property upon taking custody of the jersey isnt talking. It needs to be fully inspected, the fabric & dyes tested for age, needle work etc all gone over with a magnifying glass, microscope. Dated. Authenticated...

If its the real deal, I'd betcha it fetches a lot more than the $60K-$100K being floated & sure, it would be great if a private collector in paying whatever then loaned it to the HHOF & the Hamilton Sports Hall of Fame. The 1924/25 Tigers Team inducted, honoree's in the Hamilton Sports Hall of Fame.... and a fascinating story in & of itself, how the NHL even came to Hamilton at all, Relo of the Quebec Bulldogs which had been around since 1878, moved to Hamilton in order to block the NHL's arch enemy & nemesis Eddie Livingstone.... former owner of Toronto's NHA franchises (Shamrocks & Blueshirts) and who was looking to setup a rival league to the NHL based out of Hamilton, playing put of the old Barton Street Forum & so on.... Long story.... At anyrate... legendary feuds & litigation (the NHL behaving appallingly, 100 years later no change in that department), legendary team & building, and absolutely for anyone who loves the history of the game a very gripping tale, the legendary lost Tiger's jersey.

If youve got em' HT... please do post photo's of the club, players, the wonderful old Forum. :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: SealsFan

SteelCitySteve

Jan 20, 2019
I cant believe they let the jersey out of their site?! How long have we been looking, and they let it vanish into the night, its unbelievable. I realize there is obvious ownership issue, but the HHOF guy surely is trustworthy....they all could have piled into the car and went to the HOF and verified it.

I supposes someone has it and they know what they have. Hopefully they'll bring into the public view.....a small part of me suspects Betteman bought it so that he could burn it.

I emailed Scott Radley for an update on the story but heard nothing since November.

Reactions: SealsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad