OT: Lost Pet

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
sorry to bother isles friends, just have to vent quick. Feel free to delete thread.

FML. I let the cat outside yesterday morning, haven’t seen it since 11 am yesterday. No sound or sign of it. Looked high and low, through the neighborhood. She vanished right around 11. Cat never went far either. It was my sons cat. Friendly as all hell. We’re devastated.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
8_D854_F00-6_C41-458_D-91_F8-7_BC3_D48_CA4_A9.jpg

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
sorry to bother isles friends, just have to vent quick. Feel free to delete thread.

FML. I let the cat outside yesterday morning, haven’t seen it since 11 am yesterday. No sound or sign of it. Looked high and low, through the neighborhood. She vanished right around 11. Cat never went far either. It was my sons cat. Friendly as all hell. We’re devastated.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

EDIT: Deleted my previous post. Since you provided a picture, I can see that's an entirely different looking cat then what my neighbor found.

Last edited:

dv92

Jun 30, 2014
So sorry to hear this news, but do not give up hope. Call every shelter in your area. Cats can wander up to two miles so be sure to spread out your search area. And the most important thing is to not give up on hope. I lost my dog about 4 years ago for 3 days and we didn't give up hope and found him. I know the feeling and it's terrible. Just stay strong and I pray that your find your Cat.

Reactions: Big L

france62

Jun 15, 2010
I really hope you find him. Try putting his litter box ouside, he might smell his way back , and try calling him near your house, if you're too far away and he hears your voice, he'll follow it but won't be close enough to find his way back. Do you have spotted sites in your area, over here lot's of animals have been found through spotted sites. Good luck to you

Reactions: dv92

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Terribly sorry Big L I've been through this as well. The absolute worst. I'm hoping you report back with good news.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Ask all your neighbors they might have brought it in thinking it was abandoned, posts signs, cats travel way farther than you might think and you can check younlocal animal shelter, someone might have also might have trapped it for a trap neuter return program mistaking it for a feral

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
oh no!

put your dirty clothes out in your backyard and front. she can smell it from some distance.

what town?

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Good luck man. Really sorry to hear. I hope you find her, would be nice to hear some real positive news here. The above posts were all great advice, I hope it works.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
oh well, that's a black cat I love too. First read cat lost and thought it's gone forever, but there's still hope to get it back. Even cats who are normally at home can stray away some day. Barring accident they will find back home in most cases. I have missed one of my cats for eight weeks over the summer in 2008 and she came back with heavy damage to the head, so I rushed to vet hospital and the doctors saved her life. From this day on, I put a net in front of my balcony so she cannot stray away again. Yes she's still living ten years after the whole adventure, living at my home as granny cat now. I wish you well, don't give up searching for your blacky.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Got a call tonight just after 10. Person was confident they had the cat. All the way on the other side of town at an amusement park. I drove over, sure enough, it was the cat. Have a good night, folks!

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Got a call tonight just after 10. Person was confident they had the cat. All the way on the other side of town at an amusement park. I drove over, sure enough, it was the cat. Have a good night, folks!
Thank goodness, I was worried about kitty

dv92

Jun 30, 2014

AMAZING news!! So happy for you and your family.

Reactions: danteipp and Big L

crasherino

May 9, 2013

L - I don't think the cat likes you. He made it pretty far, it seems.

(But I'm glad you got him back!)

scott99

May 13, 2005
Yeah, sounds like your cat is a good skater, maybe not Barzal great, but better than MDC. Skated all the way across town. Must have good edge work.

Reactions: Barzaltrick

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Glad to hear the cat is back. You better lock her up on a long-term contract so she doesn't run off again.

Reactions: Barzaltrick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad