Prospect Info: Los Angeles Kings Prospect Poll - How Did We Do?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Thanks for the effort to do the rankings. It's time consuming for sure.

Nice to see the D depth filling out considerably the past two drafts but agree with a few other commenters, we either need to have one of our G prospects step it up or we need to pick someone high next year to hang our hopes on. Villalta, Parik, etc don't exactly give me a chubby.
Indeed

We are going to need another Jones or Cal Petersen and his dog spot to fall in to our laps from another organization

Reactions: Basilisk

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Simontaival is still only 19 playing with KalPa in Liiga and expected to play a significant role on that team. He remains unsigned by the Kings and signed a 3 year contract with KalPa. It looks like the Kings won’t get a chance to sign him till March/April 2024, just a few months before his reserve list rights expire.
Kings can still sign him, his contract with KalPa doesn't prevent that, but I think he should play in Finland at least two seasons since he hasn't even made his KalPa debut yet. Team also desperately needs goalscorers so he could get top-6 role even this season when he comes back.

I think Kim Nousiainen gets underrated here, he made to Team Finland as a 20 years old and that's not easy feat. This season I was predicting him to be one of the top defenders in Liiga but that won't happen since he's out till December or so. Still top-4 material I think.

Reactions: RossLonsberryFan

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
Kings can still sign him, his contract with KalPa doesn't prevent that, but I think he should play in Finland at least two seasons since he hasn't even made his KalPa debut yet. Team also desperately needs goalscorers so he could get top-6 role even this season when he comes back.

I think Kim Nousiainen gets underrated here, he made to Team Finland as a 20 years old and that's not easy feat. This season I was predicting him to be one of the top defenders in Liiga but that won't happen since he's out till December or so. Still top-4 material I think.

Hopefully the Kings will sign them both during the next window.

I was surprised when the Kings didn’t sign Nousiainen this past window (June 1-15). If he signs in 2022, he will be under an ELC ti 2025. But if he waits till 2023, he can burn an ELC that season and become a RFA (10.2c) in 2024.

Simontaival could sign in 2022 and turn RFA in 2025. As it is, I don’t think that Simontaival is available till 2023-24 at the earliest. So they would have to LOAN him to KalPa in 2022-23.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Sean Durzi looked very good today. Granted, he’s entering his 3rd pro season. Looks bigger, stronger and shall I say…poised?? And yet, he’s 25th on the newly, voted list. I would say that honestly he has to be in the top 20….maybe top 15.

The quality of this list is really pretty unreal.

Reactions: tbrown33

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Sean Durzi looked very good today. Granted, he’s entering his 3rd pro season. Looks bigger, stronger and shall I say…poised?? And yet, he’s 25th on the newly, voted list. I would say that honestly he has to be in the top 20….maybe top 15.

The quality of this list is really pretty unreal.

I'd be curious to know where Sean Walker and Matt Roy placed on the list three to four years ago...

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
The hockey news mag come out and there top 10 prospects are
1 Quinton Byfield
2 Alex Turcotte
3 Brandt Clarke
4 Arthur Kaliyev
5 Samual Fagemo
6 Brock Faber
7 Fransco Pinelli
8 Helge Grans
9 Rasmus Kurpari