OT: Los Angeles Angels Talk

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Dude is hilarious. Wants to run the team on a budget that leaves him JUST short of the luxury tax with 2 or 3 big names to appease casuals, but has to go dumpster diving for vet minimums and lotto ticket spring training invites every offseason because the cheap young talent doesn’t exist with the worst development system in the entire sport
Why pay for a development system. Not paying is a good way to save a few more dollars.

I just don't know if I can even watch the games for free this year. I stopped paying to go to games a few years ago.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
All 9 runners for Baltimore scored in the 6th inning before the Angels got an out, which I don’t think has ever been done before.

At least the hockey team has some local goodwill left and is openly rebuilding, what’s your excuse Arturo?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
All 9 runners for Baltimore scored in the 6th inning before the Angels got an out, which I don’t think has ever been done before.

At least the hockey team has some local goodwill left and is openly rebuilding, what’s your excuse Arturo?

Arte is smiling at his profits. He signed a $3 billion, 20 year contract in 2011. It's possible that he wants all that money and won't relinquish his ownership until the contract ends?

Right now, the team is about $50 mil below the luxury tax, according to Sportrac.

Also, this:
Under the new collective bargaining agreement (CBA) negotiated in 2022, each MLB team pools 48 per cent of local revenues with the total amount split equally between all 30 teams. This results in each team taking in 3.3 per cent of the total—an estimated $110 million USD, if not more. (Source)

People will still come because of Trout.

Arte is smiling at his profits. He's happy. Who cares about the performance of the team when you're raking in profits?

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I'm not minding Ron Washington baseball. It's been fun at least. But when you see things like Soriano giving up 2 HRs, you just can't help but be pissed at their offseason

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad