Value of: Looking to trade our 2023 - 1st for 2021 - 1st ?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i don't think this would be accepted 1-for-1,
if a team has urgent desire for a(nother) 1st this year,
the '23 1st gets sweetened with something else the 2d team wants ...

Reactions: bernmeister

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
would you trade ducks 21 1st for detroits 22 1st , right now today ?

Not today. On draft day? And Beniers isn’t there? Yes In a heart beat. Both of our teams are garbage. I don’t see Detroit taking the gamble though. They need as much help as we do. And Detroit is smart they know 2022 is “go all in” same with 23’ if you have a pick in the top 10.

Both franchises Anaheim and Detroit will be looking for picks in 2022 and 23. We’ve seen the outcome this deadline on it’s value alone. Barely anyone spent picks in 2022 and 23’ for players. The league knows these are weight in gold.

With that said? Detroit says no imo

Last edited:

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Not today. On draft day? And Beniers isn’t there? Yes In a heart beat. Both of our teams are garbage. I don’t see Detroit taking the gamble though. They need as much help as we do. And Detroit is smart they know 2022 is “go all in” same with 23’ if you have a pick in the top 10
your confusing me by saying 22 a better draft but you wont trade the 21 to get another top chance in 22

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
your confusing me by saying 22 a better draft but you wont trade the 21 to get another top chance in 22

If Beniers is there with our pick? Then no. There’s a contingency based on him being available. Other than that you can have at it in the entire draft

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
this would work for me as im after power

Anaheim doesn’t need defense. We need Beniers imo. We’ve been adding defense to the core for over 6 years +. And we just got Drysdale last year with our top 6 pick. If you want power at our position done deal if Beniers is gone.

Last edited:

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
yes dry's looks super excellent . the skates , the hands , the mind all elite

This could easily be a trade between Anaheim and Wings. Now that Detroit is out of the division? I make this trade plausible for both teams needs

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
This could easily be a trade between Anaheim and Wings. Now that Detroit is out of the division? I make this trade plausible for both teams needs
way i see it too as red wings seriously need a left shooting dman as our top two d , hronek and seider , are both right .
and ide surely roll the dice on power over the gamble of where my 22 1st would land in the lotto

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
way i see it too as red wings seriously need a left shooting dman as our top two d , hronek and seider , are both right .
and ide surely roll the dice on power over the gamble of where my 22 1st would land in the lotto

And it makes sense because we just added Drysdale from last years draft. We’re having discussion on the Anaheim discussion board on why Coach Eakins is playing him on his off side :laugh:

First trade that makes sense to me since I joined this board. First trade where no one said one or other position was awful and stop being a noob. Well played, I’m glad to see transactions can ACTUALLY take place here civilly

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
i don't think this would be accepted 1-for-1,
if a team has urgent desire for a(nother) 1st this year,
the '23 1st gets sweetened with something else the 2d team wants ...

a team that could do such a trade is if they stocked up on picks

an e ample Columbus has 1st from TB and TOR. If both are 25-32 this year they could do this but it woukd still cost more.

TB/TOR 1st in 21 for VAN 1st in 23+ a very good prospect/22 2nd

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
what if it was nucks 2022 1st , to a team with like record , for somebodys 2021 1st ? would the outlook that 22 is a better prospect crop than 21 entice teams to trade their 21 ?

I wouldn’t take Vancouver’s 1st in 2022 for a mid 1st. Last year they picked bottom 4. They could do it in 2022.

if I’m giving Vancouver a late 1st 25-32 I’d roll the dice on an unprotected 22 1st. This is also if I has 2 1sts.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Neither of those get you a first back. With expansion coming up no team will give up a first for two players that max out on the second line.

I think Buch gets a 1st... Strome maybe after the draft but I see the NYR looking to make hockey trades at this point - not add picks.

To the ops question - mayyybe you could add 25+ OA considering it’s an odd draft year but I still think the opposing team would want a 2022.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad