Looking to buy a car(help)

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Hi guys I might as well use this site to my full adavantage. I am in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and I am looking to buy a used car. Any decent sites or something where I can find anything? I've been using autotrader and it seems like the "sellers" are just phishing for my email when I inquire about a car that looks intriguing. 90% of cars listed dont have numbers to reach. Seems like these days for purchasing a used car is somebody you know or through a dealership. I dont have good credit so a private/used car purchase is my go to route.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Hi guys I might as well use this site to my full adavantage. I am in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and I am looking to buy a used car. Any decent sites or something where I can find anything? I've been using autotrader and it seems like the "sellers" are just phishing for my email when I inquire about a car that looks intriguing. 90% of cars listed dont have numbers to reach. Seems like these days for purchasing a used car is somebody you know or through a dealership. I dont have good credit so a private/used car purchase is my go to route.

i'm a little fuzzy here. are you paying outright? you say you have bad credit and need to go private. you aren't getting a loan privately, so I assume you're paying cash?

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Yup cold hard cash. My credit is like 540 or something like that

you can buy from a dealer with cash, no?

I don't know the markets up there. I've found a lot of the cars I've owned on craigslist. It's about 60/40 good/bad. Some of them have sucked absolute shit. Some have been fantastic and lasted a long time and are still going. I bought one car off ebay and the motor blew 3 months later. Do not recommend.

The best cheap used car I ever bought was from a little dealer on Broadway where many dealers are. If I were you, I'd try to see if you can find a decent car at a decent dealer in your range. Assuming it's a somewhat reputable dealer, it will probably less stressful than buying private. I've probably looked at 200+ private listings during my times of purchase and I've bought 6 of them. It's a tough search.

I would avoid "buy here pay here" places in order to finance because they're predatory as shit and you'll probably end up with worse credit when it's done.

Another option, which I don't know the validity of, is leasing? I'm not sure if it's easier with lower credit to be approved for a lease. If it is, and you can make payments, you'll significantly increase your score over the life of the lease. I shy away from leases because I think they're horrible value, but if you can get some econobox at ~$200/mo on a lease and build some of that back up, might be worth it. Just a thought - not sure what you can/can't do with a mid-500s score.

Reactions: Roman Fell

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I've never done it (and I have a STELLAH credit rating anyway hello ladies) but leasing with low credit = astronomical interest rates with a huge a down payment, and that's if you're approved. But I'm no expert.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I've never done it (and I have a STELLAH credit rating anyway hello ladies) but leasing with low credit = astronomical interest rates with a huge a down payment, and that's if you're approved. But I'm no expert.

this is probably true. not sure what the value/cost chart looks like.

i am also in stellar credit crew.

Reactions: Roman Fell

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Honestly id search in craigslist/fb market place lots of quick turnarounds if you have the patientce to sift thru the ads

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Stay away from buy here, pay here. These dealerships are predators.

Predators? No less than the big dealers. The bigger issue with BHPH is that most of the cars aren't worth buying.

But if you do your homework and know what you're looking at (take a scantool, do a proper test drive, etc.) With realistic expectations and some basic mechanic skills, you can get a great deal on something reliable.

If you go for the newer vehicles on the lot then you'll be saddled with an astronomical payment and be hounded weekly by the staff.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Predators? No less than the big dealers. The bigger issue with BHPH is that most of the cars aren't worth buying.

But if you do your homework and know what you're looking at (take a scantool, do a proper test drive, etc.) With realistic expectations and some basic mechanic skills, you can get a great deal on something reliable.

If you go for the newer vehicles on the lot then you'll be saddled with an astronomical payment and be hounded weekly by the staff.
the dealers are actually josi forsberg rinne and johansen

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

They prey on low-income people, mainly minorities. Since they are lending privately, most if not all banking rules don't apply and they charge usury rates. If that's not predatory, I dunno what is.

A scan tool is great, but they only go so far. There is so much more that can go wrong underneath the car that could cost thousands to fix. Wheels, tires, brakes, axles, struts, bushings, ball joints, etc.....

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
They prey on low-income people, mainly minorities. Since they are lending privately, most if not all banking rules don't apply and they charge usury rates. If that's not predatory, I dunno what is.

A scan tool is great, but they only go so far. There is so much more that can go wrong underneath the car that could cost thousands to fix. Wheels, tires, brakes, axles, struts, bushings, ball joints, etc.....
if ur lending to someone who has bad credit there is no reason not to charge high interest lol, otherwise 3 risky

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
if ur lending to someone who has bad credit there is no reason not to charge high interest lol, otherwise 3 risky
The problem is that these people buy cars that are crap from these places and can't afford to fix them, they default and the cycle repeats it self They are better off going to a sub-prime lender like Thrift which specializes in this type of lending and buying a car from a more reputable dealer that is in good working condition. One of Thrifts requirements is the car is of a certain age and has to have a verifiable service history. Their rates are high, but they aren't illegal.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO

yep, this doesn't sound predatory at all

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
This is why I asked if OP is comfortable doing repairs. Someone who isn't, wouldn't want to go this route. But if you have a good knowledge of vehicles and what to look for you can get a good deal. The first criteria was "I have bad credit", so unless you've dealt with that then you don't have much business giving advice.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
My best advice is to invest in something unique and "cool," so to speak. That way it will become a classic car and will never go down in value.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
The All new Volk`sWagon convertible is Shure 2 put a Jolt in2 you`re summer. I Fir`s`t Drive`d a Comvertable back in 1999, `n` I`ve been Rodin`g with Volk`sWagon ever Since. The all new Volk`sWagon Comvertible Ride`s like a Beauty. :clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: mymerlincat

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
The All new Volk`sWagon convertible is Shure 2 put a Jolt in2 you`re summer. I Fir`s`t Drive`d a Comvertable back in 1999, `n` I`ve been Rodin`g with Volk`sWagon ever Since. The all new Volk`sWagon Comvertible Ride`s like a Beauty. :clap::clap::clap:
Comvertibles have the best re-sale value and the "chicks" dig them :naughty:. I bought one of these Fiat babies brand new:
cabrio02.jpg

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Comvertibles have the best re-sale value and the "chicks" dig them :naughty:. I bought one of these Fiat babies brand new:
cabrio02.jpg

one of the IT guys at my old job had an abarth. it was the dumbest little thing.

he always pulled out of the lot in first and blew off "psssh" with his tiny little engine.

i really enjoyed sitting at the lights next to him in my 4.2L V8 Audi S4. Little b**ch.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
The new Bacon Egg & Cheese Convertible from Ford was just Announced. I Put a down payment on that baby. That baby get`s great Gas mileage. I Recommend checking that baby out, Give it a test spin. I Believe it will be a great vehicle. And it come`s with food tray`s so u can get the kid`s chicken nugget`s, no mess. Genius idea from Ford.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
The new Bacon Egg & Cheese Convertible from Ford was just Announced. I Put a down payment on that baby. That baby get`s great Gas mileage. I Recommend checking that baby out, Give it a test spin. I Believe it will be a great vehicle. And it come`s with food tray`s so u can get the kid`s chicken nugget`s, no mess. Genius idea from Ford.
STFU you necrobumping cuck loser.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I am Cruising around in the new Bacon Egg & Cheese Convertible from Ford. Great fuel economy. This baby is Fully loaded. Cruise control, Power lock`s & Window`s, 5 Disc C.D. Changer. Great feature`s. And you are getting the Ford Guarantee. I have never had any problem`s with a Ford. I Took this baby to my mechanic Tony Ferrari, he said that baby is a Great vehicle. He said it has one of the best Engine`s he has ever seen. He believe`s it will last for many year`s. :clap:

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
There is nothing like a Ford Convertible. It is a beautiful summer day, I am taking the kid`s to Boscov`s to go Sandle shopping. And we are cruising around in the Bacon Egg & Cheese Convertible. I went with the automatical transmission, how mad do u think the Boomer`s are about that. They believe in manual transmission`s, i am getting better Fuel economy & Performance with my Automatic. But keep on Booming. We went with the cloth seat`s as well, We do not believe in butchering Aminal`s for a uncomfortable leather seat that will be Cracked, Torn, & Fugly within 10 year`s. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad