Confirmed with Link: Loof 3 year ELC

Joelhead

Jun 26, 2007
Houston, Texas
Does he play in Springfield or as a bottom pair on the Blues? Is there any room next year on the Blues? Or does this enable us to maybe try and move a defender while paying draft capital to dump an overpriced player (Krug?)
This is probably a good move but it actually creates more questions to me than it answers.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Does he play in Springfield or as a bottom pair on the Blues? Is there any room next year on the Blues? Or does this enable us to maybe try and move a defender while paying draft capital to dump an overpriced player (Krug?)
This is probably a good move but it actually creates more questions to me than it answers.
100% in Springfield. No chance he’s with the Blues.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Until Krug, Leddy, or Scandella ate traded expect any LHD to be Starting in the AHL.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Really excited to see both Loof and Buchinger develop over the next couple of season. A couple strong veteran acquisitions and we might have something that resembles an NHL defensive unit.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Happy to have him. Excited to see how he looks in preseason and the AHL.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
YES! I've been excited for Loof since he got drafted. Basically a throwback, but a good one. The Hjalmarsson comparison is definitely apt; he won't score many goals, but he's physical, a good skater, and he's smart with the puck (i.e., handles it well, makes smart passes, etc.).

Definitely excited for this kid.

Reactions: southsider and mk80

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Every team that has playoff success needs and has at least one guy that plays right on the edge of clean/dirty. It's a necessary component. If those clips I just saw cast Loof as a head hunter then that makes the McSorley's, Cooke's and Wilson's of the world assassins in training.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Look looks like a winner to me. I see him being a future starter here. Has some Ulf Samuelson in him.
There's a name I haven't heard since I was knee high to a grasshopper. And now I'll be digging out the '92 Pro-Set album to take a look at old Ulf. Ulf Dahlen is likely to make an appearance as well.

Reactions: Bluesguru

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Super happy to have him signed and I think he might surprise in camp this year. Probably not make the team (even though the Blues need some bruisers), but he will be a great addition in a couple of seasons. We gotta do something with this left side to make room for the guys coming up, but I think the defense will come together as a unit probably around 2025, unless these guys have an Edmundson and Parayko camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad