Long term: Mason McTavish or Matty Beniers?

Who will be the better player long term?

• Mason McTavish

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Matty Beniers

Votes: 99 81.8%

• Total voters

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
As a Columbus fan who was sad Anaheim ruined our plans (although my opinion may have changed and Im a 100% Johnson believer) I take Beniers comfortably

Reactions: wetcoast

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I like McT more. It looks like he is better than Zegras this season.

McTavish Beniers Johnston Johnson all are going to be unreal very soon.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I like the "upside" or potentially higher "ceiling" with Beniers here. McTavish has come in and looked really good, but i'm not sure just how much more headroom there is in his game. He'll continue to get more comfortable and productive, but i'm not sure the raw creativity and dynamism is there to vault into that upper tier of producers like it is with Beniers.

Though players of McTavish's type have a pretty long, established track record of finding ways to continually exceed expectations and cast aside their perceived "ceiling". So there's always that. As well as plenty of examples where guys like Beniers just never really tap into that tease of "another level" offensively.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Crazy stat on Beniers - he was worst in the NHL with a -8 thru his first 9 games, but over his last 14 games he leads the NHL in that category with +14. Just goes to show how much variation there can be in a stat like that.

He's really turned it on since then - 6g 15p in those 14gp, 2 more goals than McTavish has on the season, only 2 less points.

This comparison isn't fair to McTavish, who is having a very good rookie season in his own right.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Beniers. McTavish looks great and I think they have similar offensive talent, but Beniers already has the numbers that suggest “elite two way center” for the next decade.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Benny is getting top line minutes with actual top six wingers

Mctavish is playing with or was until he got hurt a fourth line plug in max Jones and another tweener in leasson.

Seattle is a way better team as well so it’s hard to judge them when one is in a more favorable position to succeed than the other

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
beniers for me... More dynamic and more pace and IQ to his game right now.

Mctavish is gonna be real solid tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad