GDT: long pile end knob wompers @ SAUNA

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Remember this from 2013? Hard watch by the end, especially for that dude on the right who lost his soul that night.

The person to focus on in that video is the girl in the back left. As the tone changes during the Boston come back, after each goal she has a shit-eating grin on her face that no one else is seeing as they are too preoccupied with the disaster in front of them. She even changes into a Leafs' jersey between the tying and winning goals....yet the big grin is still there after the goal.

What is the dynamic there?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
This is the best typo/auto-correct I’ve ever seen.

Anyway, like others have said, Pesce going down is worrisome. However, DeAngelo against the Bruins was great a few years ago. Of course he was awful against the Rangers, but can’t worry about them yet.

What’s the depth after Morrow though? Coghlan? Mendel? Fensore? Seeley?…woof
Pesce going down makes me very glad we picked up Orlov over the summer. It's not ideal to lose someone like that, but we still have 2 very good defensive lines and even with TDA or Morrow slotting in, still a very above average 3rd line. We can withstand him being hurt.

Don't want any more injuries on the blue line, however

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
The person to focus on in that video is the girl in the back left. As the tone changes during the Boston come back, after each goal she has a shit-eating grin on her face that no one else is seeing as they are too preoccupied with the disaster in front of them. She even changes into a Leafs' jersey between the tying and winning goals....yet the big grin is still there after the goal.

She's probably a sadist.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

One of those guys is her boyfriend (and they may be the hosts of this watch party) and she's effectively forced to be there, and she does not in reality share their enthusiasm for TML. She's either not into hockey at all, or she's really a fan of another Canadian team that failed to make the playoffs.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
One of those guys is her boyfriend (and they may be the hosts of this watch party) and she's effectively forced to be there, and she does not in reality share their enthusiasm for TML. She's either not into hockey at all, or she's really a fan of another Canadian team that failed to make the playoffs.
Oh I'm thinking that might be a nervous smile knowing that she's going to have a pretty miserable boyfriend for at least the rest of the night

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine

"Does this mean we're done with hockey for a while now? Good."

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Rod said "not looking good" in the press conference, that it'll be looked at tomorrow.

Of course, given Rod's medical prediction record, that either means he'll be back next game or out for a year.
Sounds like day to day for the VGK, which can mean maybe a game or two, or they died and we're going to give the Pet Semartary a go first.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

"kept the video going and got an even bigger surprise nine seconds later"

D5K-c9YXkAAqcE8.jpg

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
Yeah, I got the vibes that she's never really been in a situation like that and is just reacting to all the weirdly heightened emotions around her. Enjoying a slice of life's rich pageantry and all that.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Saw this on the ESPN article

The Hurricanes set a new NHL record for the fastest game-tying and winning goals scored in the third period of a playoff game. It was the seventh time in NHL history that a team had tied and won the game in the final three minutes of a playoff game. Carolina was already on that list, having tied and beaten the New Jersey Devils in a conference quarterfinal game in 2009.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Or....

"You can pretend I'm a Bruins fan tonight..."

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Oh its hilarious watching them call us trailer trash.

As we live on our 2+ acre green lots with woods and whatever while they live in rat infested squalor and a literal dystopian dictatorship state where the taxes are higher than snoop.

Keep hatin' greaseballs. and STOP moving here. You're not wanted.
MAN. REGARDLESS OF AGREEING OR DISAGREEING I RESPECT YOUR HATING SKILLS.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
We were all still high-fiving
I was literally typing a message for in here when the horn started going again

Absolute pandemonium in the arena. In those 90 seconds I blew out whatever voice I had left. Only now slightly recovering. Thankful my interview isn't til Thursday, lol.

Also just saw this. Playoff KK is a different animal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad