GDT: long pile end knob wompers @ SAUNA

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Did anyone see what Jake did to get erected?
This is the best typo/auto-correct I’ve ever seen.

Anyway, like others have said, Pesce going down is worrisome. However, DeAngelo against the Bruins was great a few years ago. Of course he was awful against the Rangers, but can’t worry about them yet.

What’s the depth after Morrow though? Coghlan? Mendel? Fensore? Seeley?…woof

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
1713874443729.png

The canes in black

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
This is the best typo/auto-correct I’ve ever seen.

Anyway, like others have said, Pesce going down is worrisome. However, DeAngelo against the Bruins was great a few years ago. Of course he was awful against the Rangers, but can’t worry about them yet.

What’s the depth after Morrow though? Coghlan? Mendel? Fensore? Seeley?…woof
TDA will be fine. When he plays he brings a net negative to the team defensively which can easily made up for if he is installed as one of the PP QB's. We will see what Rod has in mind.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Have to admit while I had the game on the whole time I had given up and mentally moved on to game 3 down 3-0. Wasn't until 3-2 that I thought they had a shot at forcing OT.

And then, just like the Shock at the Rock, I was exhorting them to get to OT after they tied it up. Only this time I barely had time to say anything.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
While it didn't really matter late in the game, Guentz getting ejected is a prime example of the officiating failure. He literally didn't do a f***ing thing and got ejected because Lee and Palms got pissy? There needs to be disciplinary action on those players starting shit at the end, or on the team for encouraging/allowing it

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
View attachment 858171

To say we dominated possession is an understatement. I think that's what made it so frustrating to watch for much of the game.

We had over 20 minutes in the offensive zone with the puck on our stick. I’ve been working with these stats for 3 years now and I’ve never seen that. An entire period’s worth of offensive zone time is absurd.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
We had over 20 minutes in the offensive zone with the puck on our stick. I’ve been working with these stats for 3 years now and I’ve never seen that. An entire period’s worth of offensive zone time is absurd.
This main board thread really captures the absurdity of it. It's an obscene outlier going back to 2007-08.

1713872875161-png.858151

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Aside from the stats, all those shifts where we hemmed them in and even several where we were able to bring in fresh guys were a sight to behold. I rarely, if ever, remember seeing so many of those in a game. To do it in the playoffs is something else.

Also, it's still hard to say just exactly what we'll get from Kuzy, but that stickhandling on the delayed penalty was a work of art. World class skill still. I like that he worked to establish his shot more than he had previously as well.
Watching him just toy with the Islander player without a stick was just awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad