London vs. Guelph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
For those who want to watch London go for their record 30th game unbeaten, it'll be on Sportsnet tonight at 7:30 Eastern. Should be a good one.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
I have front row tickets to the game :eek: :D

So if you watch the game on Sportsnet you might see me going crazy with the other 9,059 fans there !!!!

Any predictions on the game? I'm guessin 5-2 London.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
How fitting that it's Guelph, it will be a great one for sure. If London does continue the streak, they shouldn't drop their intensity level and try for a perfect season.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
I'm not a betting person, but I'd put some big money down on the game that the Knights will win. I'm a season ticket holder in London and I can tell you that every Knight wants this win more then Guelph wants to be spoiler. You can blame Hunter for that. After this game though, the Knights are going to be without 4 of their top 5 players. I forsee their first loss against Kitchener in London on sunday afternoon.

I think 5-2 is a good guess at the score...or it could be one of those 8-1 games...it all depends...Its going to be good times at any rate.

I'll be skipping out on my work christmas party to see the game.

Schremp with that hatrick!

Oilrunner

Nov 3, 2004
I'm looking forward to this tilt!! After work, I'm gonna grab a case of my favorite suds, sit back and enjoy. First time since the world cup that I have done this. Enough of this CBA sh**. Lets watch some classic hockey!!

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
A perfect season, that's wishful thinking. Once some Knights players leave for the World Juniors selection camp, the team will be impacted. If some of the guys on the Knights' team make the Canadian squad, then that would have a greater impact, since Schremp is gone for the World Juniors for sure. Nonetheless, if you don't dream then you can't fulfill your dream, so I guess one should always dream.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
That Guelph goaltender was outstanding. Wow. BTW... congrats to the Knights on their unbeaten streak, very, very impressive.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Kind of an anticlimatic way to get it done :D but congrats none the less to the Knights. Very impressive stuff.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
TML said:
That Guelph goaltender was outstanding. Wow. BTW... congrats to the Knights on their unbeaten streak, very, very impressive.

How the heck has Dennis not been drafted? He's a little smallish but 6'0 isn't tiny and you'd think taking Guelph to the Memorial Cup last year would have gotten someone to take a late round flier on him. Great performance tonight.

Perry, Sryvet, Prust very good for London. Callahan and Parent excellent for Guelph. Haviland knocked some people around and had a great tilt with Boileau ... someone will take him in the mid rounds come June.

Very entertaining game ... congrats to London.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MS said:
How the heck has Dennis not been drafted? He's a little smallish but 6'0 isn't tiny and you'd think taking Guelph to the Memorial Cup last year would have gotten someone to take a late round flier on him. Great performance tonight.

Perry, Sryvet, Prust very good for London. Callahan and Parent excellent for Guelph. Haviland knocked some people around and had a great tilt with Boileau ... someone will take him in the mid rounds come June.

I think Callahan is going to be a key contributor for the U.S. WJC team. He's talented enough to look out of place on one of the top two lines and knows both ends of the rink. I look foward to seeing him play.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ....................................

Wow what an entertaining game ....even though there was no goals ...... I was screaming and out of my chair the entire game. Even better I got interviewed by the local radio station 106.9 ..... i'm gonna be on the radio lol ....

Dennis was amazing ..............but did you see that Hasekesque save by Coleman. After being down and out and the cage wide open and him on him butt .....a juicy rebound came to a Guelph player and he caught the puck just before it went in the empty net ..........Highlight of the night on sportsnet for sure !!!!! :eek: :handclap: :D :bow: :yo:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
MS said:

Dennis is incredibly inconsistent. And add to the fact that Guelph has another goaltender whos not bad in Danny Taylor, combines that Dennis has never really had a chance to show he can pull through his weaker spells. Guelph just rides the hot tender.

Dennis was unbelievable tonight though, wow. But you have to remember folks it's just one game, I'm not quite sure hes a professional prospect, although maybe if he can really show improved consistency next year as an overager (not with Guelph I'm sure).

Corey Perry, for the first time that I've watched him (probably like number 6 or 7), actually really impressed me. I've said before that I've felt that I wasn't sure how well Perry's offensive abilities would translate to the NHL. And while I'm still not sure he has the ability to be a first liner, I think he's starting to slowly make a believer out of me in the sense that he can be a quality NHL'er still. His strength stood out for me in this game, definitely much improved.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm not sure what to think of Perry. Obviously you can tell he's a constant dangerous presence, but tonight it kind of looked like he was skating in mud, and his passes were awful (that can be said for the whole team).

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Brock said:
Dennis is incredibly inconsistent. And add to the fact that Guelph has another goaltender whos not bad in Danny Taylor, combines that Dennis has never really had a chance to show he can pull through his weaker spells. Guelph just rides the hot tender.

Dennis was unbelievable tonight though, wow. But you have to remember folks it's just one game, I'm not quite sure hes a professional prospect, although maybe if he can really show improved consistency next year as an overager (not with Guelph I'm sure).
Chris... Madden... flashbacks.

But I still drafted Madden, sooo.... :dunno:

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Seachd said:
I'm not sure what to think of Perry. Obviously you can tell he's a constant dangerous presence, but tonight it kind of looked like he was skating in mud, and his passes were awful (that can be said for the whole team).
I agree that Perry looked terrible last night. Especially on that huge dive in the first period.

I hate how he stays down like a baby everytime he gets knocked down. Oh well. As soon as he gets to the AHL his coach will introduce him to the bench if he keeps it up.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Brock said:

I don't know if he's a pro prospect either, and I'm sure there are question marks there. It's just that there are so many mediocre drafted goaltenders across the CHL, it's a little surprising such a high profile guy has fallen through the cracks. You would have thought his playoff performance last spring - starting 20 of 22 games, GAA under 2.00, carrying Guelph past London to the Memorial Cup - would have made someone take a look at him.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
MS said:
I don't know if he's a pro prospect either, and I'm sure there are question marks there. It's just that there are so many mediocre drafted goaltenders across the CHL, it's a little surprising such a high profile guy has fallen through the cracks. You would have thought his playoff performance last spring - starting 20 of 22 games, GAA under 2.00, carrying Guelph past London to the Memorial Cup - would have made someone take a look at him.

Well not to take anything away from Adam, but I think his success in the playoffs last year was more to do with the success of Guelph as a team, rather then just being carried by goaltending. You want to look at a team carried by goaltending, look no further then Josh Disher with Erie. His goaltending carried that team all last year and past the first round of the OHL playoffs. Guelph was such a good team last year, they were tight knit, they didnt make mistakes, and Dennis just had to be there to make the stops relied upon him. I watched a lot of the Mem cup and OHL playoffs last year, and Dennis was really nothing special. He made the stops he had to, but he really didnt steal games for Guelph or anything. I guess you could label that a success, because some goalies can't be relied upon to make the easy stops in the playoffs.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Brock said:
Well not to take anything away from Adam, but I think his success in the playoffs last year was more to do with the success of Guelph as a team, rather then just being carried by goaltending. You want to look at a team carried by goaltending, look no further then Josh Disher with Erie. His goaltending carried that team all last year and past the first round of the OHL playoffs. Guelph was such a good team last year, they were tight knit, they didnt make mistakes, and Dennis just had to be there to make the stops relied upon him. I watched a lot of the Mem cup and OHL playoffs last year, and Dennis was really nothing special. He made the stops he had to, but he really didnt steal games for Guelph or anything. I guess you could label that a success, because some goalies can't be relied upon to make the easy stops in the playoffs.

I suppose ... I can't really comment terribly well on the OHL playoffs because I think I saw half of one game. My point was mainly that most CHL #1 goaltenders manage to get themselves drafted (I'd guess probably 2/3), including a lot of no-hopers, so it's a little surprising that a guy who's had that amount of success hasn't gotten any takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad