London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Remember, Oshawa was still missing one of their top guys LMAO.
I saw a post today about sennecke potentially going #5 to the Habs in the draft.

He’s a very good player. Has really turned it on in the playoffs with roobroeck and Ritchie

Even with him though I don’t see them winning the series. My original prediction was London in 6 but this could be a 4 gamer lol!

I’ll be in Oshawa for game 4 so I wouldn’t complain about that- seeing the cup raised would be pretty cool

Reactions: Knights Watcher

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
At the very least, Oshawa finally showed up for this series, it was exciting to watch, Oshawa fans were first to celebrate early on, then it was London fans near the end of regular, after that it was nail-biting time for both side. When London finally decided to forget what Oshawa was trying to do to break their concentration, London started to play their game in the third. The Generals were doing exactly the same in Oshawa during the only meeting on that ice, London comeback with three in the third to win it in overtime then as well.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
giphy.gif

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
One more game for Lawrence and Sim to sit. Need more from Julien. Bonk had a lacklustre game. George solid as usual and saved their ass a few times help setting up the last goal. Willmore with one weird moment fighting a floater but saved their bacon a few times too.

Top 12 after game 4:

Cowan/Julien/Barkey
McCue/O’Reilly/Gazizov
Sim/Lawrence/Halttunen
Van Gorp/Nicholl/Brzustewicz

I like it.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Feel bad for the Oshawa kid that lost his helmet. Gave the Knights the room they needed.

Still can't believe that happened. This team is starting to REALLY give me 04/05 vibes. Never out of a game.

Just watched the goal again and the aftermath. Loved the way the boys also mobbed Willmore at center ice. Fantastic....he deserved a star....didn't see the 3 starts but he was SOLID.

Last edited:
Reactions: nelli27 and rve24

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Team depth is what won this game. As is usual in the playoffs, the top lines eventually cancelled each other out, and cue the supporting cast to step up.
Bruz & Willmore front and centre when the top guys had no more in the tank.
That had to be a soul-crushing defeat after blowing a 4-goal lead. It'll be interesting how the Generals respond in game 4, but I do suspect that their resistance has been severely dented.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
What a backbreaking come from ahead loss for Oshawa. When London got that quick 3rd period goal to make it 6-3, I figured Oshawa was in trouble.

London’s veterans and playoff experience is what made the difference in the 3rd period. They were hacking, grabbing, slashing and tackling because they understand how playoff hockey is called. With Oshawa’s youth and lack of playoff experience, they didn’t respond with the same physical style and it cost them.

Pulling Sandhu’s helmet off in overtime was a perfect example of this playoff savvy. Refs aren’t likely to call it with the whistles put away and when Sandhu had to leave the ice, lit gave London the 5-on-4 advantage they needed to close out the game.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
What a backbreaking come from ahead loss for Oshawa. When London got that quick 3rd period goal to make it 6-3, I figured Oshawa was in trouble.

London’s veterans and playoff experience is what made the difference in the 3rd period. They were hacking, grabbing, slashing and tackling because they understand how playoff hockey is called. With Oshawa’s youth and lack of playoff experience, they didn’t respond with the same physical style and it cost them.

Pulling Sandhu’s helmet off in overtime was a perfect example of this playoff savvy. Refs aren’t likely to call it with the whistles put away and when Sandhu had to leave the ice, lit gave London the 5-on-4 advantage they needed to close out the game.

Agree except the "pulled off his helmet" part. Helmet fell off in a corner scrum. It's not like he physically ripped it off his head. Either way, bad luck for Sandhu and game over.
No way Gens come back from this. Knights have not lost 3 in a row all season let alone 4 so it's pretty much over. Not to mention the bruised psyche of the Oshawa team right now thinking "what do we have to do to beat this team?"
It was a good run for the Gens but the fat lady is warming up right now.

Oster goalie of the year, 3 game GAA 7.00.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Willmore has earned the crease as an overage goalie next year. I know there’s still lots of hockey left but here is my team next year with 3 OA’s and 2 imports. Making some assumptions on guys going pro.
Barkey, Cowan, Gazizov*
Sim*, O’Rielly, Nicholl
Arrowsmith, Van Gorp, Johnston
R.Boulton, Gerber, Hawery

Dickinson, Bonk
Wooley, Brzustewicz
Jenken, Ustinkov

Willmore*
Medvedev

Reactions: zman77

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Willmore has earned the crease as an overage goalie next year. I know there’s still lots of hockey left but here is my team next year with 3 OA’s and 2 imports. Making some assumptions on guys going pro.
Barkey, Cowan, Gazizov*
Sim*, O’Rielly, Nicholl
Arrowsmith, Van Gorp, Johnston
R.Boulton, Gerber, Hawery

Dickinson, Bonk
Wooley, Brzustewicz
Jenken, Ustinkov

Willmore*
Medvedev

You really think Cowan is going to be back next year?

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Agree except the "pulled off his helmet" part. Helmet fell off in a corner scrum. It's not like he physically ripped it off his head. Either way, bad luck for Sandhu and game over.
No way Gens come back from this. Knights have not lost 3 in a row all season let alone 4 so it's pretty much over. Not to mention the bruised psyche of the Oshawa team right now thinking "what do we have to do to beat this team?"
It was a good run for the Gens but the fat lady is warming up right now.

Oster goalie of the year, 3 game GAA 7.00.

Typically, helmets don’t just “fall off” randomly. Even in a fight with fists flying it takes some prying and intention to dislodge a helmet.

But regardless of how Sandhu’s helmet came off, it’s a bullshit rule to force the player to
immediately leave the ice.

Either let the player continue to play or instantly blow the play dead as they do when a goalie loses his mask.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Well done boys truly setting yourselves apart from the rest. Wilmore saves our bacon again, kid is making a habit of this .... 15W Down 1W to go .... GO KNIGHTS GO

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

OHL final: London Knights beat Oshawa in Game 3 double-OT stunner​

By: Ryan Pyette
OSHAWA – The big guns cued the comeback. The depth guys won it.
London rookie defenceman Henry Brzustewicz, filling in at winger to cover suspensions up front, tapped in the winner two minutes into the second overtime period to shock Oshawa 7-6 in Game 3 of the OHL championship series before 5,939 Monday at Tribute Communities Centre.
“It’s definitely the best goal I ever scored,” the 17-year-old from Washington, Mich., said. “G (Isaiah George) made a great play looking back door. Their guy (Generals d-man Zackary Sandhu) lost his helmet and had to change. Odd-man situation and (George) found me back door.
“I blacked out after that.”
The Knights, down 6-2 through 40 minutes, orchestrated one of the great rescues in franchise – and OHL final – history. London can sweep the Gens for a fifth league title Wednesday and punch its ticket to Saginaw for the Memorial Cup.
“Our kids battled back,” Knights coach Dale Hunter said. “You’re never out of the game. It’s junior hockey. That’s why fans like to watch it. Just keep working and good things will happen.”
London starter Michael Simpson was pulled after allowing six goals on 19 shots through two periods. The fast-starting Generals couldn’t solve relief man Owen Willmore.
The 19-year-old stopped 17 straight shots, including a few with a high degree of difficulty in overtime.
“Henry played big minutes for us down the stretch and in the playoffs,” Dale Hunter said. “He’s been very good for us. (Willmore) is always ready to play. He’s a battler and that’s what he did.”

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Every player has an off game here and there and the first 2 periods most of the Knights were having an off game.

During the second intermission they turned Game Mode down to rookie and just dominated. Oshawa didn’t stand a chance.

I felt bad for Oshawa until Punnett came back. He is a dirty F. The amount of slashes and extra stuff after hits, I was happy to see his sad face on the bench after the OT goal.

Props to B, he’s done whatever Hunter has asked him this year. Some 16yr olds *cough* Testa *cough* cry and end up being traded. He’s worked hard and got on the ice a few times in OT and was rewarded.

I don’t think the Knights make the same mistakes in Game 4. This will be a sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad