London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Jesus Christ, go watch letterkenny it’s mandatory viewing for any junior hockey fan
Nop, have no interest, too busy watching hockey games everyday, and when there isn't one on ! go review the ones that I didn't see, approx. 3 a day, I've watched up to 7 sometime if I am not too tire or have interest in them. No time for Danny Boy

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
That’s hockey, my friend. If you’re looking for a call anytime there’s contact, basketball is probably the sport for you.

Hopefully the bloody nose is a lesson for Hay to protect himself and get his own hands up next time.

If Hay has any aspirations of playing in the NHL, it’s going to be way more physical there than it it in the OHL.

If you cry wolf enough as a team, I can see how an official could eventual miss one after getting embarrassed by being sucked in.

And yes video would be awesome to see. If it happened as suggested I'll get 1st to say regs missed, and first yo say if you continuously cry wolf eventually........

Followed immediately by Shorsey
Caught season 1 of Shorsey on a few flights for work.
Sad to admit but I loved it lol!
Classic stereotypical characters and too many great one liners.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Moose Jaw and Saskatoon semi final game 7 are heading into their 6th overtime game. That's 6 OTs out of 7, that is a close series, winners play Portland

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: rve24 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Friends, is Sam Dickinson a sure fire #1D in the NHL?

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015

Branch keeps going back to what happened during the warm up.... If it was that bad why didn't Sim get a penalty before the start of the game. Might as well say, hey you tripped someone last period but I'm calling the penalty this period.

I guess the next chant at the Bud is Branch you Su_k. Or heaven forbit branch your a...

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
His development right now would indicate he is on track to be a top pairing D.

He has size, speed, great hands and very high hockey IQ. In addition to those attributes he seems to be a good teammate and has drive in big games and doesn’t take senseless penalties because he keeps his composure. He is mature beyond his years.

I’d take him over Parekh…. And Parekh will play pro

Reactions: LDN and dirty12

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005

Branch keeps going back to what happened during the warm up.... If it was that bad why didn't Sim get a penalty before the start of the game. Might as well say, hey you tripped someone last period but I'm calling the penalty this period.

I guess the next chant at the Bud is Branch you Su_k. Or heaven forbit branch your a...

Branch is also saying that slashing someone in the head is the same as calling a player a name because they both received 5 gamers.

Reactions: crowncarrier

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Definately a Top 4, he has all the tools. He going to have to get a bit more comfortable with the rough stuff, but he shoukd have a solid NHL carreer.

Reactions: LDN

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Definately a Top 4, he has all the tools. He going to have to get a bit more comfortable with the rough stuff, but he shoukd have a solid NHL carreer.
He prone to make some bad turnovers in his own zone but that comes with age and maturity. NHL teams will want that out of his system quickly to get to the next level.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Branch is also saying that slashing someone in the head is the same as calling a player a name because they both received 5 gamers.
so the kid called hache a p***y, am I missing the big deal here?

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
We have no confirmation Sim called anyone a p***y. I have a feeling it was more than that for 5 games. Keys to series..Edward and company stay out of box. Get Julien motivated the final is the time to stop floating. Barkey and Cowan will put us over the top. Might go longer than would have without suspensions. Knights in 6 (remember Knights just as good on road as home)

Reactions: All the Answers

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
OHL head office has no phone and has noway of communicating with its referees, it's like they are saying; "stop bothering us, we have no time for your request" , sticking to their amature responses as uasual

Out if Ryan Payette London Free Press article of May 8 2024 (today)

-(he did not consider anything Hache said because it was never included in the referees’ report by Joe Monette and Jason Faist after Game 5 of the Western Conference final last Friday)

and

Sim's agent -Maloney said.- "Dave (Branch) has done an unbelievable job running the league with his strategic vision. But in this instance, there was no hearing, no written decision and no way to appeal it. There is a conflict of interest here, whether you want to say it’s perceived or actual."

In my personal view
OHL is the best junior hockey league in CHL, and are possibly the best of the world. I think they have reached their peak some 20 years ago and are now slowly dismantling it-self ever since, in a spiral downward vision of families and local league office politic

Reactions: Mitch nylander

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
He prone to make some bad turnovers in his own zone but that comes with age and maturity. NHL teams will want that out of his system quickly to get to the next level.
Agreed on the age/maturity. He's seemed to get run down/tired as playoffs have gone on and later in games, but I'd never fault a 17 yo for that.

Reactions: BobHockey

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
To my knowledge so far we have no video of Sim pregame incident, no evidence of p***y being what was said other than some Twitter poster.

This to me equals I have no opinion on the suspension. Why is everyone else weighing in here with none of the facts?

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
To my knowledge so far we have no video of Sim pregame incident, no evidence of p***y being what was said other than some Twitter poster.

This to me equals I have no opinion on the suspension. Why is everyone else weighing in here with none of the facts?
5 games= P***y does not add up even against the Knights

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I had my little doubt about Dickinson for a little while, after what we've seen of him this last series, he lifted his game at least two more notches. Scouts came to see Parekh but I am sure their eyes got stocked on Dickinson in this series, I see him in top 5, but I am bias

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Asst General Manager Rob Simpson confirmed that Sim called Hache a p***y. What more do you need?

Branch also confirmed and kerps jumping on the body check to Master Flopper during pregame warmups.

Is what it is. We cant change it. Best use our energy towards the upcoming series.

I do hope that evrry Saginaw pregame warmup in the Mem Cup, there is a group who will sing... Warm Kitty, Soft Kitty, Little Ball of Fur, Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty, Purr,Purr, Purr...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad