London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
https://x.com/londonknights/status/1787157759076729245?s=46&t=EORasAr0xPy-g_5RTAlc0w

Depth in today’s lineup isn’t what we are used to.
Need a big game from the top end guys to say the least . Let’s Go !

Yup Barkey, Cowan etal need to lead the O.
I'd rotate top 6 players into the 3rd line and/or give #12 some shifts on line 1 n 2 depending on who is feeling it. . I'd also say F it and play the 4th line for energy but with a McC, Barkey n Cowan taking Johnstons spot.
I'd get the blender out looking for a spark and lean on the top 7 Fs to start.

I expect thou LK plays a defensive trap type system to hope for mistakes they can counter against but they need to finish when it happens.

Who wants to step up this afternoon? Simpson, the D or the F group. Need Simpson and one of the other 2 to have a shot.

Reactions: Fastpace

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
I think that how this game and series go will depend on how the Knights adapt to the Friday Fiasco. Hunter is one of the best coaches and I am guessing he will emphasize the "us against the world" idea. It's always a thing with the Knights but even moreso after Friday night.

I think the team can pull together a bit easier in the Spirit's barn without the pressure of closing something out in front of 9K fans.

Play a solid road game using their speed. Need solid goaltending from Simpson, some offensive contribution from the D, stay out of the box but if they start getting lots of calls against, suck it up as expected and continue on.

If they unravel today like they did Friday night I believe the series will be over and not in their favour. My expectation is Dale will have them prepared.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Parekh is playing today, so obviously no injury after the Lawrence play (which is assumed, based on Parekh doing a hair flip when he got up). So does the make the Lawrence suspension even more excessive??

Not that they are the same play, but when he hit Motew, Motew didn’t play next and game was injured. Which usually adds a couple games.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Agreed Bob, Dale n staff have to get the kids focused and the leaders in the room gotta show by example. (I get McC mocking the diving out of frustration but it was excessive, not helpful and IMO distracting)
Better off having a wrecking ball shift played within the lines to get the group going.
Control what ya can, Saginaw is talented and also looking for help from the stripes. Let em if they feel they need. But don't buy into it.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Parekh is playing today, so obviously no injury after the Lawrence play (which is assumed, based on Parekh doing a hair flip when he got up). So does the make the Lawrence suspension even more excessive??

Not that they are the same play, but when he hit Motew, Motew didn’t play next and game was injured. Which usually adds a couple games.
Of course he is. 9.5/10. Best actor award.

Reactions: TheOrangePylon

jimbarrou

May 17, 2016
London
Not sure what to expect today either. It sure felt like a train wreck after Friday night, but if any coach can get the boys focused it’s Dale. Let’s sit back and hopefully enjoy a great hockey game!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Said it before......Beck, Haight n Bloom are a handful when they get possession in the O zone.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Wow now Branch is back tracking on diving saying ya they missed a few and a different person is looking after the officiating. Suspensions are handled by the commissioner and Vice president oh that happens to be his son (no conflict there). Branch certainly wants to go out with a bang. It has to be an embarrassment to have the host team go in through the back door, heck they can't even fill the arena for this series and still plenty of tickets left for the Memorial Cup. The arena has a seating capacity of 5500 and you haven't sold it out yet, way to go mister Branch I can imagine what the other CHL commissioners think of that. You compare this series to the NHL finals going on now and if called the same way there would always have someone in the box. Hey here is an idea, lets change a rule to flag hockey and if you flag gets taken on you have to fall to the ice to facilitate a hit. I have been following Junior hockey for over 42 years and this is one of the worst officiated playoffs (other series as well) I have ever witnessed. It's bad when I have a 9 year old sitting behind me asking his dad why was that a penalty and the father says I don't know only the Ref does. If a 9 year old can see it????
SSM deserved to host

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
You can’t review plays after the fact if no penalty was called. Are they making up new rules now?

Reactions: Otto

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Amazing. You are allowed to kick players now but they will call a penalty for nothing.

There was a 5 minute penalty on the board. Presumably before they reviewed it.

• Haha
Reactions: rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
You can’t review plays after the fact if no penalty was called. Are they making up new rules now?

I thought that was the rule also but who knows lol.
I get looking at a play after the game that was missed, or a double minor or 5 reviewed in game.
I dunno lol.

Gotta play thru it.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Amazing. You are allowed to kick players now but they will call a penalty fo nothing.
Amazing you're allowed to hold players legs now.

Also Amazing, Bloom supposedly had his arm severed and is now playing with one arm.

Well... we know the refs didn't watch last night's game

SCORES!! COWAN!

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Amazing you're allowed to hold players legs now.

Also Amazing, Bloom supposedly had his arm severed and is now playing with one arm.
Even if his leg was held it was after he was free that he kicked him. It doesn't faking matter whether Bloom was hurt. Could be a serious injury. Should have been kicked out.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Beautiful SHG by Cowan. Give him credit, he's a great PKer.

Looking like it'll be a close, good game. Not a huge fan of reffing so far but not awful either.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Even if his leg was held it was after he was free that he kicked him. It doesn't faking matter whether Bloom was hurt. Could be a serious injury. Should have been kicked out.
Bloom got up and skated back into play when he realized there was no call... glad you used the word "faking"

What exactly is your objective for posting here?

• Haha
Reactions: TheCoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad