London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
More talk about who is coming back next year than the current Conference final lol.
Can be surprises in who moves on, but we got no say so let it play out unless Mark is on yoir batphone.
. It'll play itself out but predictions probly better off waiting til the camps open.

Enjoy the PO run in front of ya......next season is a 1/2 year away. As much respect/credit/ homer glasses love as London gets for consistency/developing pros/winning......the banners need additions lol. How many OHL titles last 5/10/20 years? Enjoy the battle for another, fall will come soon enough.

Any thoughts on on how London approached game 1? Lines/system/ effort?
Any thoughts on how each team may adjust for game 2?
For game 2: gotta play right from puck drop, make it hard for saginaw to gain our d zone, and stay out of the box

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Cowan would be more valuable right now to the Leafs than Marner right now. Marner looks AWFUL. He used to be such a f***ing boss here… what the hell happened?
The urgency of playoffs hockey by all players catches up to elite players

You can play your game at passing gear level all season, but when it comes to after season, all players on the ice moves up to their passing gears matching yours. This is what is happening to Marner and many elites, many are at their limit and have no more to give, they are becoming average on the ice

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
1714308318529.png
Well today will be interesting

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't know when was the last time, Saginaw lost back to back games, it must be long while ago. You can bet Saginaw will come out hungry for a win. Or they are maybe in a slump, if you check their last 8 games, they are only a 500 hockey club, it's up to the Knights to take the advantage and jump on them quick in game 2

View attachment 861043Well today will be interesting
Its the same refs for both teams, they come with the game, good or bad calls with errors and all

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Saginaw gets back Perakh and no suspension for Dionicio, they get a few breaks.

Should be a good game, no word yet on Edward or Leonard yet

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
The way Leonard reacted on the ice, we might not see him for the rest of the playoffs; or at least this series. I'm wondering if we have seen the last of edward too

Reactions: zman77

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Saginaw gets back Perakh and no suspension for Dionicio, they get a few breaks.

Should be a good game, no word yet on Edward or Leonard yet
Was it no suspension or did they buy it back? I remember someone on here stating that abuse of an official with a game misconduct was an automatic 2 game suspension. And from what I remember any suspension like that (automatic # of games) can be bought out. Does the league have to divulge that info out.

Or did the league review it and feel a suspension was not warranted?

Reactions: LDN

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
No Edward or Leonard
The way Leonard went down I am not surprised at all. Feel awful for the kid. I thought he was playing fantastic and it was his time to shine and get some opportunities at the next level. As for Edward I hope all is well with him. Must be something serious for him to have to miss hockey at this time of the year.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. But if not Fagan, they have to have another D man available?
O'Reilly use to play a bit of defence before I think so could be moved back to give the others a little breather from time to time

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
The top 3 D are going to get played a ton this aft if the score stays within 2/3 most of the game. I'm guessing 30+ min each easy. Play smart.
The other 2 rookies will get sprinkled in.

Reactions: SteveCrow1 and LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. But if not Fagan, they have to have another D man available?
Yeah, you'd think that Hunter would want to dress 6 D... maybe add Jencken, who has a whiff of OHL action, if Fagan is still injured. O'Reilly can play D but you wouldn't want to lose his services up front. Looks like Hunter ok with 5 D this afternoon.
Last game, the 4th line was utilized more often than usual in the early part of the game and I noticed that it was the 3rd D pairing out with them. That's a departure from the first two rounds that saw only a 1st or 2nd D pairing out with the 4th line. Something to watch for today.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
For sure, he was drafted as a D-Man, but he’s very valuable up front now. But in a pinch, could certainly help out, he’s did it in his rookie season a few times.
That's news to me. I did not remember him being drafted as a D so I went back to the draft and it shows him being drafted as a forward.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428-120251_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428-120251_Samsung Internet.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
The urgency of playoffs hockey by all players catches up to elite players

You can play your game at passing gear level all season, but when it comes to after season, all players on the ice moves up to their passing gears matching yours. This is what is happening to Marner and many elites, many are at their limit and have no more to give, they are becoming average on the ice
*on the Leafs … don’t know if this statement applies to any other team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad