London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The OA's will be Leonard, Sim and Julien. Willmore will be also for the beginning of the season since you can carry 4 OA's until the end of December
Julien will move on to pros, his constent progression in his development demands a higher level for him next year

Reactions: dino200022

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Julien will move on to pros, his constent progression in his development demands a higher level for him next year
I don't see an opening for him with the Jets or the Moose. Yes he's hot right now but he needs to show more consistency before playing pro hockey hes only played Junior A for 1.5 years send him back and let him battle for a WJC spot IMO

dino200022

I don't see an opening for him with the Jets or the Moose. Yes he's hot right now but he needs to show more consistency before playing pro hockey hes only played Junior A for 1.5 years send him back and let him battle for a WJC spot IMO
He would be a 20 so pretty sure he is not WJC eligible

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Has to right? Threw his stick and hit

The starter will be whoever the Hunters trade for....with Medvedev backing up.
What about Gatto???!!!

WJC?!?! Lol

He’s earned the respect to go pro brother

Reactions: dino200022

dino200022

Look at the depth chart there are 18 signed Centres ahead of him

We also have to remember that Julien has really only played what 1.5 seasons of OHL hockey. Might do him a world of good to dominate a full year before going PRO. A lot is going to come down to what he does in the off season, it is impossible to know what the Peg will do. If he is not playing middle 6 minutes for the Moose then it would be in their best interest to send him back.

Reactions: Knights2729

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Look at the depth chart there are 18 signed Centres ahead of him
Ya, I've read it all, and I've checked who they have at centre as well coming up the ranks, Julien is right up there among their best prospects. GM will have a big decision to make and may have to move some chips around a bit, they need to keep Julien progressing, I don't think he will be here another season, yes, he could pickup 100 pts or more. Aside from picking up offensive confidence, what else will it do for his overall improvement that he'll need to move him up to NHL, In his case, it's not how many games he's played in the Os, it's at what level is his development at, and I think he's ready for that next level now

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
He is definitely progressing but there is no benefit whatsoever to rush him. Next year he can move into a true leadership role which he has not had the opportunity to demonstrate yet.

Reactions: LDN and dino200022

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
He is definitely progressing but there is no benefit whatsoever to rush him. Next year he can move into a true leadership role which he has not had the opportunity to demonstrate yet.
Not rushing him, developing him at a higher level, that is not rushing him, he's not heading into NHL next year

Reactions: dirty12

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
You're the last person who should laugh at anyone who made a simple mistake.

Who we trading for this week?
Get a life
Oh wow

Not rushing him, developing him at a higher level, that is not rushing him, he's not heading into NHL next year
I don’t think he comes back. The man scored back to back hatricks in the playoffs. Listen if he comes back great if he doesn’t also great cause it means he went pro which is the whol goal of a development league.

Now do we think Bonk, Cowan, Barkey and Halttunnen are back? All 05s

Reactions: SteveCrow1

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Oh wow

I don’t think he comes back. The man scored back to back hatricks in the playoffs. Listen if he comes back great if he doesn’t also great cause it means he went pro which is the whol goal of a development league.

Now do we think Bonk, Cowan, Barkey and Halttunnen are back? All 05s
Bonk yes, Cowan good chance he sticks with leafs, barkey yes, halttunen is 50 50

Reactions: SteveCrow1

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Bonk - NHL ... until Xmas and the WJC then returns
Cowan - NHL ... belongs in the AHL but returns because no other option
Barkey - OHL ... YUP
Julien - ECHL ... YUP
Halttunen - AHL or ECHL ... YUP
My thoughts .... close but I just don't see Cowan making the Leafs and they tend not to go the 9 game routine?

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Everything is possible, but that also means all could be back. Very unlikely for 19 year olds to make the show but it does happen. Owen Beck is a good example of a highly touted prospect rounding out development with their 19 year in junior.

Cowan Bonk Barkey and Dickinson could all be on team Canada together which would be something special.

Reactions: Buttsy

dino200022

The only reason Cowan makes the Leafs is because he is a cheap contract and that is exactly what they need on their 3rd and 4th lines. The Salary Cap has been the reason why kids are sticking in the show way to early.

Bonk - OHL
Cowan - NHL, maybe sent back after 9?
Barkey - OHL
Julien - OHL - Has only played 1.5 years in the CHL, another year is not going to hurt him
Haltunnen - OHL but will be returned a bit later - Just don't think he has the wheels yet for the next level

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
My thoughts .... close but I just don't see Cowan making the Leafs and they tend not to go the 9 game routine?
I could see the Leafs shaking up the core 4 and with that, Cowan could make a top 9 role because there could be room.

If they don’t move any of the core 4, he comes back to London.

Reactions: Buttsy

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
To be
The only reason Cowan makes the Leafs is because he is a cheap contract and that is exactly what they need on their 3rd and 4th lines. The Salary Cap has been the reason why kids are sticking in the show way to early.

Bonk - OHL
Cowan - NHL, maybe sent back after 9?
Barkey - OHL
Julien - OHL - Has only played 1.5 years in the CHL, another year is not going to hurt him
Haltunnen - OHL but will be returned a bit later - Just don't think he has the wheels yet for the next level
To be fair, Evangelista didnt have great wheel either, neither did Perry, or McMichael. But if you can score goals, all that is void.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Cowan would be more valuable right now to the Leafs than Marner right now. Marner looks AWFUL. He used to be such a f***ing boss here… what the hell happened?

Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
More talk about who is coming back next year than the current Conference final lol.
Can be surprises in who moves on, but we got no say so let it play out unless Mark is on yoir batphone.
. It'll play itself out but predictions probly better off waiting til the camps open.

Enjoy the PO run in front of ya......next season is a 1/2 year away. As much respect/credit/ homer glasses love as London gets for consistency/developing pros/winning......the banners need additions lol. How many OHL titles last 5/10/20 years? Enjoy the battle for another, fall will come soon enough.

Any thoughts on on how London approached game 1? Lines/system/ effort?
Any thoughts on how each team may adjust for game 2?

Reactions: jimbarrou and LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad