London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Regarding music played, at the conclusion of each series win I'd suggest this tune:

At the risk of being accused of arrogance, I'd argue this is a tune that the winning team has "earned" and is easily appropriate when accompanied by a few losers' tears of disappointment

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
“We were ready for whoever won it,” said London forward Easton Cowan, who worked out on a line with Max McCue and Sam O’Reilly Wednesday at Western Fair. “We rested up on the weekend, got back on the ice Monday and we’ve been practising ever since.
“The rest was good,” London head coach Dale Hunter said. “You’re always worried about rust, but we had some guys banged up. It helps to get them ready to go again. The Saginaw-Soo series was a good one to watch. It was hard-hitting and sometimes, stuff happens (with injuries and suspensions).”

Reactions: Fastpace

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
1714129084946.png

1714129165721.png
and if we had it bad Oshawa and NB get these clowns

• Haha
Reactions: DWI Dale

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Officiating isn’t great but it’s the same for every team. Just hope it doesn’t cost you a critical goal like the Hounds experienced.

Should be a great series.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Go Time!
Neither team has been training in series have they? Saginaw was tested and faced that elimination hame thou.
Should be fun and nothing is given.

Reactions: zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
LOL, a lot of non Knights supporters telling us this will be a walk in the park for us. Somehow I doubt this quite frankly Saginaw is a talented team that made a lot of trade deadline moves and they seem to have meshed well. Also they beat out a Soo team that is no slouch. Our hands will be full and it's going to be a battle with two physical teams hammering away at one another. Game time baby let's get at it KNIGHTS!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I think the only " disappointment" will be the chatter on the thread. Saginaw fan base on HF board is a pretty quiet group so you won't see the usual woes me kinda posts.
Actually won't miss it I thought some of the Kitchener stuff was moronic at best. Will be interesting to see if it remains quiet on the board if Saginaw comes away with a series win?
Personally if I was Saginaw loosing to London say in six (?) and not having to face an Oshawa or North Bay series may be a nice little rest before the Memorial Cup? The downtime would not be excessive and would let the team get healed up and well prepared for sure.
Depends what you see as the "Prize" an OHL Championship or a Memorial Cup Championship on home ice. In London's case we are greedy and want both of them! :nod::nod:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Actually won't miss it I thought some of the Kitchener stuff was moronic at best. Will be interesting to see if it remains quiet on the board if Saginaw comes away with a series win?
Personally if I was Saginaw loosing to London say in six (?) and not having to face an Oshawa or North Bay series may be a nice little rest before the Memorial Cup? The downtime would not be excessive and would let the team get healed up and well prepared for sure.
Depends what you see as the "Prize" an OHL Championship or a Memorial Cup Championship on home ice. In London's case we are greedy and want both of them! :nod::nod:
If you have a shot at an OHL championship you don't skate away.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If you have a shot at an OHL championship you don't skate away.
Agreed I always feel like the MC is the cherry on top of a pretty successful season. However history seems to like the MC winner as time passes. Many seem to have forgotten the "Two-peat" of OHL Championships the Knights had as we unfortunately did not put the cherry on top those seasons! And we could add a third in a row MC participation as host but still we posted a 49 win season that year but lost out to a clearly superior Guelph Storm team in the 2nd round. Anyway win both then there is no debate!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Agreed I always feel like the MC is the cherry on top of a pretty successful season. However history seems to like the MC winner as time passes. Many seem to have forgotten the "Threepeat" of OHL Championships the Knights had as we unfortunately did not put the cherry on top those seasons! Albeit once as host but still we posted a 49 win season that year but lost out to a superior Guelph Storm team in the 2nd round.
Yeah it's an odd dynamic really. I think the OHL Championship is more indicative of a championship team the Memorial Cup you have a good week or you don't.
Personally I have very fond memories of the 2012 OHL Championship team as it was the only time I had to opportunity to be in the building to witness it.

Reactions: LDN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad