London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Sounds like London isn't offering Rolofs.

Or maybe the IceDogs Fan Forum is now running the team.
Im fine if they dont offer Rolofs good choice to keep him. Wonder when london will go after their targets? we've seen Mark insert himself in deal before just to muck the waters for other teams

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Im fine if they dont offer Rolofs good choice to keep him. Wonder when london will go after there targets? we've seen Mark insert himself in deal before just to muck the waters for other teams

It's interesting cause a few things have happened recently that I would assume create a sellers market:

- Jenik goes down
- Dudas is apparently not getting moved
- It sounds like Hayton won't be sent down

Guys like Kaliyev, Hillis and Gogolev all could return next year and very well may not be moved.

That would make the top forwards on the market Thomas and Josling (and maybe Noel)

So given what we know now with Thomas, I would hope that we're hard after Josling. As an OA he shouldn't cost a guy like Rolofs.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
As for all who say things about London and their spare parts, it’s important to know that for every Ryan Bangs, Zack Grzelewski, Richard Whittaker etc there are spare parts like Andreas Athanisiou (legit NHLer) Dane Fox (scored 60+ goals in a season) or Eric Henderson who all really thrived after being traded. So it’s not like London cheats there way into getting top players all the time

add Kole Sherwood, Drake Rhymsha, Ben Gleason and Sergei Popov to that list.

The haters gonna hate hate hate

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It's interesting cause a few things have happened recently that I would assume create a sellers market:

- Jenik goes down
- Dudas is apparently not getting moved
- It sounds like Hayton won't be sent down

Guys like Kaliyev, Hillis and Gogolev all could return next year and very well may not be moved.

That would make the top forwards on the market Thomas and Josling (and maybe Noel)

So given what we know now with Thomas, I would hope that we're hard after Josling. As an OA he shouldn't cost a guy like Rolofs.

To add to this post, the following teams have no OA room:

- Saginaw (Busdeker, Coskey, Webb)
- Ottawa (Keating, Hoefenmayer, Gareffa)
- Kitchener (Yantsis, Hawel, Meireles)
- Peterborough (Gallant, Paqeutte, Wilson)
- Flint (Phibbs, Durham, Popovich)

Flint wanted Philips so it sounds like they were willing to upgrade on one of their 3. Maybe the Petes would want to upgrade on one of their 3.

But it's hard to see many potential suitors for Josling besides us, Windsor and Flint.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
add Kole Sherwood, Drake Rhymsha, Ben Gleason and Sergei Popov to that list.

The haters gonna hate hate hate

This has gone from over-valuing players to simply mentioning players who were traded .. a lot of whom were having off ice issues in London. I'm surprised nobody had brought up Lucas Rowe yet.

Reactions: HockeyPops

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
This has gone from over-valuing players to simply mentioning players who were traded .. a lot of whom were having off ice issues in London. I'm surprised nobody had brought up Lucas Rowe yet.

Not entirely true... so calm down.

Andreas Anthanisiou - wanted more icetime or be closer to home at the time. Looking at the 2013 team, he wasn’t gonna get the icetime he wanted. He went to Barrie where he found his stride and took off, and the. we beat him in the OHL Finals.

Dane Fox - Fox was the legit only one that had off ice issues. He needed some growing up to do.

Eric Henderson - definitely no off-ice issues just played like 15 games in 2016 season and wasn’t gonna make the team, but killed it in Junior B. I believe he was traded for Jacob Graves.

Drake Rymsha and Ben Gleason - I believe they were traded at the beginning of the season 2016 season. I could be completely wrong, but I think they were just stuck behind a talented 2016 team. No way was there even off-ice issues.

Kole Sherwood - He needed to grow in his all-round game and be the star of a team. He had a killer shot and speed, but couldn’t crack it in Dale Hunters system.

So please know all the facts before you just blurt out stuff to make yourself feel superior. I make mistakes and don’t know everything, and I’m kinda tired of people thinking they do, cuz they don’t.

Otto

Not entirely true... so calm down.

Andreas Anthanisiou - wanted more icetime or be closer to home at the time. Looking at the 2013 team, he wasn’t gonna get the icetime he wanted. He went to Barrie where he found his stride and took off, and the. we beat him in the OHL Finals.

Dane Fox - Fox was the legit only one that had off ice issues. He needed some growing up to do.

Eric Henderson - definitely no off-ice issues just played like 15 games in 2016 season and wasn’t gonna make the team, but killed it in Junior B. I believe he was traded for Jacob Graves.

Drake Rymsha and Ben Gleason - I believe they was traded at the beginning of the season 2016 season. I could be completely wrong, but I think they were just stuck behind a talented 2016 team. No way was there even off-ice issues.

Kole Sherwood - He needed to grow in his all-round game and be the star of a team. He had a killer shot and speed, but couldn’t crack it in Dale Hunters system.

So please know all the facts before you just blurt out stuff to make yourself feel superior. I make mistakes and don’t know everything, and I’m kinda tired of people thinking they do, cuz I don’t.

Which ones of these were overvalued?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
CauqAR0N_bigger.jpg
OHLInsiders‏ @OHLinsiders 8m8 minutes ago

5 Years ago, I'd be so pumped that I broke two trades and it would be among so much BS. Such progress, it's actually quite humbling.
Much more to come...Including maybe one right now. Sit tight
260e.png

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Which ones of these were overvalued?

I don’t know why we’re talked about overvaluing players, I’m talking about the “conceived London spare parts theory”. Opposing fans have been saying that for years, but as I pointed out, they may be conceived as spare parts, but they actually just need icetime.

Otto

I don’t know why we’re talked about overvaluing players, I’m talking about the “conceived London spare parts theory”. Opposing fans have been saying that for years, but as I pointed out, they may be conceived as spare parts, but they actually just need icetime.

The "spare parts theory" came from over valuing Knights players trade value.. and it came from a Knights fan.. and specifically was about players who are getting plenty of ice time now.

Reactions: tjziel

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
That actually happened. When Brendan Lemieux called to tell me about his trade from Barrie to Windsor.

Keep doing what you're doing Insider!!
You have nailed most of the big deals in the OHL.
It must be challenging 'cause the 'target' is always moving around.

Reactions: TheCoach

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
I have no problems with people breaking trades but to put a line like that in your Twitter bio is a bit self serving. Have some humility.

ok Mattie.
But, let's be honest with this whole 'OHL trade thing.'
It's entertainment for most of us who are hockey fans in Ontario.
OHL Insider has a lot of key contacts in the know who are willing to share with him.
I'm ok with him suggesting he's the 'Bob McKenzie of the OHL.' Bob must visit his Twitter.

Stopper

Oct 22, 2019
ok Mattie.
OHL Insider has a lot of key contacts in the know who are willing to share with him.
I'm ok with him suggesting he's the 'Bob McKenzie of the OHL.' Bob must visit his Twitter.
Cause it is bob McKenzie pretending to be someone else

Reactions: zman77

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
ok Mattie.
I believe the Bob Mclenzie line came from when Darren Dreger went after the ohl insider on twitter over his reporting on Merkley

Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad