London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
gX_5Xi-E_bigger.jpg
Mark Masters‏Verified account @markhmasters 8h8 hours ago
Team
1f1e8-1f1e6.png
lines at Wednesday’s practice in Vienna

Lafrenière - Hayton - Foote
Byfield - Cozens - Lavoie
Foudy - Dellandrea - Dudas
McMichael - Groulx - Thomas / Mercer

McIsaac - Smith
Bahl - Bernard-Docker
Byram - Addison
Drysdale

Daws
Hofer
Rodrigue

Absent: Veleno (AHL)

Reactions: StormWatcher

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Is there that much talent or are they punishing him for coming to the CHL?

He has been solid for us certainly and a bit of a pleasant surprise. Although it has to be remembered he is not a typical “rookie” by any means. BUT if he had of stuck on Team USA I was going to add Canada was looking for a GOLD medal! I don’t think it had much to do with the CHL or they wouldn’t have asked him at all and Regula would have been on the same bus home?

Big bonus for us for sure as we need someone who can chip in some offence and a little leadership.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I don’t think it had much to do with the CHL or they wouldn’t have asked him at all and Regula would have been on the same bus home.
Regula didn't play USNTDP and didn't play a year of NCAA though...

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
One of the things that I like about the Knights thread is that we're not homers--if the team or certain players are playing well we'll acknowledge it, and if they are not, we can be critical, even harsh.
In keeping with tradition...
there are two players who, I think, have surpassed expectations--players that I'd rate "A+" based on their performance to date: McMichael, Regula.
Very Good: Evangelista "A" (what an improvement; proves that you don't necessarily lose confidence or that your game suffers when you don't receive regular ice time as a rookie). If you're not a Knights fan, please read the 'bolded' 10 times, well, at least 8. :sarcasm:
Good: Stranges "B" (a work in progress; defensive game a liability for much of the season, but has shown signs of improvement in that area); Skinner "B"; Gruden "B"; Merkley "B".
Average/Good: Foudy (an "A" talent who has yet to peak; need to get more offensive production out of him: "B-")
Disappointments: Dunkley, Nelson, Tymkin, Moskal (Moskal is good on faceoffs, is a very good skater, but how many years does he need in the league to put up points? Rhetorical question. Struggles to find the back of the net: "D+" .
Biggest disappointments: Guskov...this is just an obvious example of Russian interference, i.e. Guskov is interfering with our chances of winning; Panwar, Keane: "F"
Overall, I'd rank our goaltending as a: "B- " (I didn't think Brochu was OHL ready this season, but he is. I mean he's no bonafide #1, but I think he has a high ceiling---not referencing his height).
I see a lot of talented prospects, but they simply don't play an important role this season in helping the team win so I won't evaluate them. I'm thinking of our young D: Steklov, Winslow, Roger, Montgomery as well as McCue. Verdict is out on McGurn, Rolofs.
I won't even ask if tonight's game is televised on Rogers...Rogers just surprise me. :eek:

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
One of the things that I like about the Knights thread is that we're not homers--if the team or certain players are playing well we'll acknowledge it, and if they are not, we can be critical, even harsh.
there are two players who, I think, have surpassed expectations--players that I'd rate "A+" based on their performance to date: McMichael, Regula.
Very Good: Evangelista "A" (what an improvement; proves that you don't necessarily lose confidence or that your game suffers when you don't receive regular ice time as a rookie). If you're not a Knights fan, please read the 'bolded' 10 times, well, at least 8. :sarcasm:
Good: Stranges "B" (a work in progress; defensive game a liability for much of the season, but has shown signs of improvement in that area); Skinner "B"; Gruden "B"; Merkley "B".
Average/Good: Foudy (an "A" talent who has yet to peak; need to get more offensive production out of him: "B-")
Disappointments: Dunkley, Nelson, Tymkin, Moskal (Moskal is good on faceoffs, is a very good skater, but how many years does he need in the league to put up points? Rhetorical question. Struggles to find the back of the net: "D+" .
Biggest disappointments: Guskov...this is just an obvious example of Russian interference, i.e. Guskov is interfering with our chances of winning; Panwar, Keane: "F"
Overall, I'd rank our goaltending as a: "B- " (I didn't think Brochu was OHL ready this season, but he is. I mean he's no bonafide #1, but I think he has a high ceiling---not referencing his height).
I see a lot of talented prospects, but they simply don't play an important role this season in helping the team win so I won't evaluate them. I'm thinking of our young D: Steklov, Winslow, Roger, Montgomery as well as McCue. Verdict is out on McGurn, Rolofs.
I won't even ask if tonight's game is televised on Rogers...Rogers just surprise me. :eek:
From another teams fan perspective.....as posters we'll give you and PP31 "A" ........

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

Pretty much agree with everything you offered up. Our OA players have for the most part been disappointing. I will add I saw McGurn play in St Thomas last season. I really don’t think he will amount to much in the OHL, will struggle to get regular ice time. So hope I am wrong as the kid appears to be very coachable with a strong work ethic? Good teammate with a good attitude but the talent level is borderline at the OHL level IMO.

Reactions: aresknights

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
There have been plenty of good NHLers who have not made their National U20 team.
Jonnie Gruden should be proud to the fact he was invited to camp.
He's played well in a Knight's Jersey.
It's a matter of numbers.

Reactions: Buttsy and TheCoach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad