London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I don't see Yantsis scoring 50 this year. Maybe with a change of scenery, but I don't feel he's what we need. Kaliyev should top any Knights fan's Christmas list
If you needed a front of the net presence because your power play wasn't clicking, Yantsis would be your guy. I haven't seen much of the Knights this year but that sure didn't seem to be the case last night.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
I'm not willing to give up on Stranges yet. Let's see how he responds to his benching.
I'm sure that's how the Hunters are approaching it.

Agreed.....sure the kid is struggling right now, but man, London fans have got to be the most impatient fans in the hockey world. There's still way too much talent there to give up on him so quickly.

Agreed.....sure the kid is struggling right now, but man, London fans have got to be the most impatient fans in the hockey world. There's still way too much talent there to give up on him so quickly.
It's not about being impatient. It's about what he brings each game, and it isn't much. He's just not strong enough to create space for himself and his bag of tricks doesn't have many tricks in it. It's easy to excel against boys when you've got slick hands, but to me it seems like Stranges is trying to ride his minor hockey success to an NHL draft pick without doing any work. Almost like he "expects" to be picked and doesn't want to do anything extra to solidify it. He had 7 points in his first 4 games this season...he has 8 in his last 15 and seems to be getting softer and easier to nudge off the puck each game.

The scouting report is simple on Stranges...lean on him and he starts to sulk and has no additional game to push back. Call it a sophomore jinx or call it what you want, but I just don't see the work ethic needed to succeed at this level or higher. The ice is thin under him

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
It's not about being impatient. It's about what he brings each game, and it isn't much. He's just not strong enough to create space for himself and his bag of tricks doesn't have many tricks in it. It's easy to excel against boys when you've got slick hands, but to me it seems like Stranges is trying to ride his minor hockey success to an NHL draft pick without doing any work. Almost like he "expects" to be picked and doesn't want to do anything extra to solidify it.

The scouting report is simple on Stranges...lean on him and he starts to sulk and has no additional game to push back. Call it a sophomore jinx or call it what you want, but I just don't see the work ethic needed to succeed at this level or higher. The ice is thin under him

If that's the case,and I am not doubting you,then why would any team be it Hamilton, Oshawa,trade their star forwards for him,assuming London tries to deal him.
To me so far despite less viewings then yourself, he is more sizzle then steak,and I know that saying brings back memories PP31,seems relevant here.

If that's the case,and I am not doubting you,then why would any team be it Hamilton, Oshawa,trade their star forwards for him,assuming London tries to deal him.
To me so far despite less viewings then yourself, he is more sizzle then steak,and I know that saying brings back memories PP31,seems relevant here.
And that's exactly it HL...he's more sizzle than steak. Like a veggie burger

I compare Stranges and Evangelista quite often. Evangelista was soft as well, but he's done the work to improve and get stronger and hasn't just relied on his resume to get him the recognition. Luke has worked his tail off and it's showing. He has surpassed Stranges in leaps and bounds.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Hmm........ looking at yesterday’s box score and games past we better hope the Knights don’t institute the practice of “Load Management” and give McMichael a shift off? We would be done like dinner without this kid!

Reactions: KnightsWatch

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Anybody watching the Steelheads and 67’s game on Sportsnet?? Thomas Harley’s defense is better than most of our own defenseman. Already a fan, but do what you need to do Mark to get it done!!!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If that's the case,and I am not doubting you,then why would any team be it Hamilton, Oshawa,trade their star forwards for him.
To some degree the boat has sailed on getting a lot of return for him. Might as well let him play at this point and see if he can get out of his funk? In defence of him a bit unless you are on McMichaels line on this team you are not scoring regularly? Last year he got premium minutes with better line mates. Problem is he has played so poorly this year he hasn’t earned the ice time or the better line mates?

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
If you needed a front of the net presence because your power play wasn't clicking, Yantsis would be your guy. I haven't seen much of the Knights this year but that sure didn't seem to be the case last night.
Exact reason I would take try to get him.
Big forward that has net presence and can score is gold in the playoffs.
Referencing last years Guelph Storm.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Anybody watching the Steelheads and 67’s game on Sportsnet?? Thomas Harley’s defense is better than most of our own defenseman. Already a fan, but do what you need to do Mark to get it done!!!
Iam watching and he would be pressed to make our top 4.
Kidding,he is really good.

Reactions: zman77

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
And that's exactly it HL...he's more sizzle than steak. Like a veggie burger

I compare Stranges and Evangelista quite often. Evangelista was soft as well, but he's done the work to improve and get stronger and hasn't just relied on his resume to get him the recognition. Luke has worked his tail off and it's showing. He has surpassed Stranges in leaps and bounds.
Luke has to win the Most improved player of the year.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I don't see Yantsis scoring 50 this year. Maybe with a change of scenery, but I don't feel he's what we need. Kaliyev should top any Knights fan's Christmas list

Yantsis is on pace for 40 this year. That’s pretty good playing on a last place team that is a distant last in the conference in goals for.

The PP isn’t near what it was last year yet he is still putting up goals.

He’d be an asset on any contender and would be an upgrade to most teams’ OA group.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yantsis is on pace for 40 this year. That’s pretty good playing on a last place team that is a distant last in the conference in goals for.

He’d be an asset on any contender and would be an upgrade to most teams’ OA group.

What do you think the price tags are for Meireles and Damiani? Potentially both of them together?

IF our OA situation is the same in a little over a month...yes..I'd make the move to pitch a deal to the Rags..but Hawel would still be my player to target.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Maybe once he has him on TC he will have his eyes opened!!!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
What do you think the price tags are for Meireles and Damiani? Potentially both of them together?

The last couple years, the going price for very good OA’s has been two 2nds and a 3rd.
That’s what we paid for Hawel. I see Hawel worth that now should we sell.

Meireles, 97 points last year and high end two way player, I have at around a Maksimovich value. (Three 2nds and Swankler)

Yantsis (50 goals last year on pace for 40 this year) I have a bit better than Hawel value. Closer to Meireles.

Damiani I have at least around the same value that MacKenzie Entwhistle brought last year. (Two 2nds and three 3rds). Damiani is a comparable player in a lot of areas. High end two way player but on pace for way more points. Entwhistle was only a point a game player in his last year and much less in previous years. Damiani was 30 points over that pace last year and at a pace this year a little better than that. Damiani also was at the WJC summer camp while Entwhistle played at the WJC last year.

Of course, everything is negotiable.

Funny.. this board gave up on Evangelista last season and yet Stranges is getting a pass??
Actually...most said Evangelista really hadn't shown much..and in fact he didn't. The kid shrugged the critics and made huge advances in his game. I tip my hat, I wasn't fond of his contributions and didn't see much promise in the early going either. Stranges is kinda going in reverse. So much promise...great rookie season...but he seems to be regressing in his play instead of progressing

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The last couple years, the going price for very good OA’s has been two 2nds and a 3rd.
That’s what we paid for Hawel. I see Hawel worth that now should we sell.

Meireles, 97 points last year and high end two way player, I have at around a Maksimovich value. (Three 2nds and Swankler)

Yantsis (50 goals last year on pace for 40 this year) I have a bit better than Hawel value. Closer to Meireles.

Damiani I have at least around the same value that MacKenzie Entwhistle brought last year. (Two 2nds and three 3rds). Damiani is a comparable player in a lot of areas. High end two way player but on pace for way more points. Entwhistle was only a point a game player in his last year and much less in previous years. Damiani was 30 points over that pace last year and at a pace this year a little better than that. Damiani also was at the WJC summer camp while Entwhistle played at the WJC last year.

Of course, everything is negotiable.

If it’s just picks, I’d like to see London in on some of these guys for sure.

Hawel, Meireles, Damiani, Yantsis are all legitimate adds to any contending team. Kitchener should get a huge haul if they decide to move all these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad