London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
So back to hockey, looks like we will ride out this roster till the deadline minus a few guy looking in. I would be surprised if we don’t need to add a top 6 forward to push the talent depth of the bottom 6, but with so many young kids who need ice who knows.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
How long do we need to go on about all this crap. Its becoming VERY BORING and VERY OLD, VERY FAST !!!
Lol as long as agents stop telling teams their boy isn’t playing a game in the ohl but appears on another roster that’s how long! As Sam and I have said it’s not a London issue its a league issue London just benefits the most it’s not great drafting in these situations its a great spot to play and agents do whatever they can slimy moves included to get to where they want. Branch can fix it if he wants

Reactions: Sam14

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Lol as long as agents stop telling teams their boy isn’t playing a game in the ohl but appears on another roster that’s how long! As Sam and I have said it’s not a London issue its a league issue London just benefits the most it’s not great drafting in these situations its a great spot to play and agents do whatever they can slimy moves included to get to where they want. Branch can fix it if he wants
Again... not a league issue it's a kid issue... read the article I posted on the previous page that shows players decommiting from one school to join another school.

Reactions: zman77

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Again... not a league issue it's a kid issue... read the article I posted on the previous page that shows players decommiting from one school to join another school.
That’s not what happens in the ohl Otto agents use the ncaa card for certain teams to stay away .. teams can’t afford to “take a flyer” so they pass and then they commit to a team in the late 1st round or 2nd then play in the league if u don’t know this goes on then I’m tellin you. Wonder why fans say “geez how come they passed on that guy what a dumb scouting staff” lol all agent driven and it’s getting worse scouted for 10yrs in the league

Reactions: Sam14

GangGreen

May 27, 2012

If you hold a grudge against players not going where they’re drafted, maybe you should take it to the Windsor board. They seem to play the defected player card the most.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
That’s not what happens in the ohl Otto agents use the ncaa card for certain teams to stay away .. teams can’t afford to “take a flyer” so they pass and then they commit to a team in the late 1st round or 2nd then play in the league if u don’t know this goes on then I’m tellin you. Wonder why fans say “geez how come they passed on that guy what a dumb scouting staff” lol all agent driven and it’s getting worse scouted for 10yrs in the league

So you are saying every single kid that decommits and goes to the OHL does so because of their agent but every single kid that decommits and goes to another school does so because they changed their mind?

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
If you hold a grudge against players not going where they’re drafted, maybe you should take it to the Windsor board. They seem to play the defected player card the most.
No grudges it’s just facts about agents nowadays

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Those are just a sample. The fact is your argument isn't even an argument. You have nothing of substance to your stance. All sizzle no steak

Finally you're getting the point! It's NOT an argument it's a PROPOSAL to improve the ohl draft system. That's it! Don't make this out to be anything more!

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
So you are saying every single kid that decommits and goes to the OHL does so because of their agent but every single kid that decommits and goes to another school does so because they changed their mind?
Delete good night uugghhh

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Ok this is a little funny and I do love the LKs passion but I we have lost sight of the actual decision and not so much about how great the Lks are (and yes they are).

No one is directly accusing the London Knights of anything!

Ohl fans are simply voicing their concerns with the current draft system in place and nothing more!

With all their resources, London is able to use a flawed draft system to accumulate all the high calibre talent almost un-contested.

With a different set of rules, players like Matthew Tkachuk, Christian Dvorak, Alec Regula and Antonio Stranges just to name a few would NOT be a knights.

So with that being the case, as in impartial ohl fans, if london could be this successful under a REVAMPED draft system, I would be the first to acknowledge their incredible success.

Until that draft system has changed LKs accomplishments will always be viewed under a huge shadow of doubt and fans will continue to place a self-imposed asterisks beside their successes.

REVISED DRAFT RULES

1.1 A Canadian or American born player interested in playing in the OHL(CHL) must declare their intent by filing an eligibility form 7 days prior to the draft.
1.2 A signed eligibility form confirms that the player will play for the OHL team that draft him.
1.3 In the event, a drafted player decides to not report to pursue other options (e.g., USHL or NCAA hockey commitment), the player will forfeit all future CHL options and cannot reapply to OHL (CHL) Draft in subsequent years. The team losing the drafted player receives an equivalent compensatory pick in the following OHL Priority Draft.
1.4 In the event, a drafted player indicates they will not report, but would like to play in the OHL, the team has until August 28th of the current year to complete a trade. The trade can include a 1st or 2nd player from the previous year’s draft and any agreed upon draft picks. If a suitable trade cannot be completed, the player is declared “defective” and forfeits all future CHL options and cannot re-apply to be reinstated in subsequent years. The team losing the drafted player receives an equivalent compensatory pick in the following OHL Draft.
1.5 If a Canadian or American born player does not declare their eligibility in their draft year, they cannot be signed as a free agent. If however, they declared their eligibility, but went undrafted, that player can sign with any team of their choice.
1.6 If a player opts to not declare their eligibility, they cannot play in OHL that season, however, the player can declare themself eligible and re-enter the draft the following year.

Where were Regula, Tkachuk, Dvorak, Stranges drafted? Which rds?
Teams had an opportunity to choose them..... But ya cry the system is broke lol.
Teams that step up and draft BPA regardless of "committments" have the potential to reap the rewards thru a trade or signing of the player.
Teams that sit on there hands....

Hey Sam you seem to like doing your homework. To be fair and consistent, give us a list of the US kids drafted or pursued by LK that didnt sign. Ill tell you its an allstar ohl team. But since it wont fit your arguement I doubt you do.

You dont take risks ya get left behind.

Reactions: LDN and Otto

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The league wouldn’t lose many players (some yes).

A rule change would only assure that players interested in playing in the best developmental league will have to go to the team that drafted them. Rules 1.3 and 1.4 allow for some negotiations to occur if there is a fall out but only on terms of the team that drafted that player.

The same similar horrible stupid idea that the NHL uses.

The "best" development league is now very much open for debate.
Do I think it still is, yup. Do I think the US has very conparable options, absolutely. The gap has closed considerably and in a few short years you will see it flip state side.
Check out the last NHL draft.
As an example.....
Does the family name Hughes ring a bell. First few kids playing GTHL, great players. Bypassed the O to develop stateside. The next one said Ill move stateside even earlier and is crushing it in MM down there.

You havent been right much yet so lets add this to the list.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Where were Regula, Tkachuk, Dvorak, Stranges drafted? Which rds?
Teams had an opportunity to choose them..... But ya cry the system is broke lol..

Thank you that is the exact point I'm trying to make in this discussion.

Regula, Tkachuk, Dvorak, Stranges were drafted in later rounds. If there were rules in place, that a prospective player had to declare their intent to play in the ohl prior to the draft, those players would NOT have ended up in London. They would have been drafted early in the 1st round.

Stranges being the most blantant and vocal about manipulating the draft this year. I couldn't believe this when I first read it.

London Knights reel in four big new prospects
Morris Dalla CostaMORRIS DALLA COSTA

Most scouting services had the slick centre ranked in the Top 5 of draft eligible players some as high as No. 2. He let it be known that he was considering going to the United States national team program before heading to Michigan.
“But the Knights was really the only team I was going to play for,” Stranges said.

Reactions: MoWanchuk1 and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It's not hard to develop professional hockey players when you can pick and choose from the best prospects, is it?

Really ! - And of course "NamesAreHardToChoose" knows exactly how to develop them does he, how many professional hockey players has he successfuly developed for the NHL. I hope he knows he's really embarrassing himself with this kind of comments.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
No grudges it’s just facts about agents nowadays

Again Ill mention something that went ignored by the haters.
Agents and advisors will also hope/steer clients (players) to teams where they will get immediate PT, top minutes by year 2 ect.... Even if they arent London. Ive seen it, heard it.
But I dont hear that being sqwuaked about.
A good prospect at 16 knows he will for the most part ride the pine in London. Head elsewhere and become the go to so much earlier.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Thank you that is the exact point I'm trying to make in this discussion.

Regula, Tkachuk, Dvorak, Stranges were drafted in later rounds. If there were rules in place, that a prospective player had to declare their intent to play in the ohl prior to the draft, those players would NOT have ended up in London. They would have been drafted early in the 1st round.

Stranges being the most blantant and vocal about manipulating the draft this year. I couldn't believe this when I first read it.

London Knights reel in four big new prospects
Morris Dalla CostaMORRIS DALLA COSTA

Most scouting services had the slick centre ranked in the Top 5 of draft eligible players some as high as No. 2. He let it be known that he was considering going to the United States national team program before heading to Michigan.
“But the Knights was really the only team I was going to play for,” Stranges said.

You didnt quote my whole pist for some reason lol. i get it ;) but OK.
No not all those players would have been 1st rd picks, let alone early 1st rd picks as you posted if their agents/advisors said they would play anywhere. Incorrect again Sam. You are exaggerating for effect. Doesnt help your arguement.
And as far as Stanges goes other teams persued him. One other team thought they had him locked up but he changed his mind. So it wasnt London or nothing. LK doesnt knock on his door, he is still in the OHL imo. And thats from more than 1 person.
( re read Ottos posts - they are teens, minds change!!!!)

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Really ! - And of course "NamesAreHardToChoose" knows exactly how to develop them does he, how many professional hockey players has he successfuly developed for the NHL. I hope he knows he's really embarrassing himself with this kind of comments.

Yes, I was totally embarrassing myself by saying it isn't hard for a team to develop prospects if they get to choose from the top prospects in North America.

London isn't some godly organization at developing prospects, they just get a majority of the highly praised ones. As long as the talent is there to work with, any team in the league could have done the exact same thing with those players that London has done in the past.

You've stooped so low to attempt to personally attack me over a healthy conversation about Junior Hockey, Congratulations!

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
You didnt quote my whole pist for some reason lol.
No not all those players would have been 1st rd picks of their agents/advisors said they would play anywhere. Incorrect again Sam.
And as far as Stanges goes other teams persued him. One other team thought they had him locked up but he changed his mind. So it wasnt London or nothing. LK doesnt knock on his door, he is still in the OHL imo. And thats from more than 1 person.
( re read Ottos posts - they are teens, minds change!!!!!)

If London doesn't knock on his door, He's in the NCAA.

Stranges was strongly pressing the fact that he wouldn't commit to an OHL team.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
If London doesn't knock on his door, He's in the NCAA.

Stranges was strongly pressing the fact that he wouldn't commit to an OHL team.

Ok. Believe what you choose. Other teams were in contact and 1 in particular thought they had it wrapped up a few days prior to draft.
Kid changed his mind.

Last edited:

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Ok. Believe what you choose. Other trams were in contact and 1 in particular thought they had it wrapped up a few days prior to draft.
Kid changed his mind.

What kind of GM's do you think run in the league? A defined top 10 player isn't falling outside the first round unless every team inquires and he shuts them down.

The OHL is a S-Show for players not committing. 90% of the OHL cannot afford to draft someone who won't commit inside the first round.

Reactions: MoWanchuk1

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yes, I was totally embarrassing myself by saying it isn't hard for a team to develop prospects if they get to choose from the top prospects in North America.

London isn't some godly organization at developing prospects, they just get a majority of the highly praised ones. As long as the talent is there to work with, any team in the league could have done the exact same thing with those players that London has done in the past.

You've stooped so low to attempt to personally attack me over a healthy conversation about Junior Hockey, Congratulations!

Bolded is just what you assume but London has done great with non-American prospects as well.

See: Bouchard, Formenton, Foudy, Thomas....late OHL first/2nd/late round to NHL 1st/high NHL 2nd picks...that's what you call development. Horvat: 9th in the OHL 1st round -> 9th in the NHL 1st round.

I'd argue they're a top 2-3 drafting and developing team in the OHL, with or without Americans. Potentially the best.

Reactions: aresknights and LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad