Confirmed with Link: Lombardi to Phoenix for conditional pick 4th rnd pick

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Per John Shannon, Lombardi will carry a cap hit of $2 million, while Toronto will be on the hook for $1.5 million of his cap hit.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Welcome back Lombardi!

Hopefully though GMDM doesn't have plans for a major family reunion where Stempy and Wolski are brought back. :laugh:

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
leafs were careful with lombardi because of him recovering from a serious injury
limited minutes - never really found a role for him
usually 3rd or 4th line LW
soft and small - needs protection !

i hope he does ok

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
This is where I got my number of $500k from. Unless I'm not understanding something?

According to capgeek the signing bonus is $1 mil and not $500,000 and the Leafs will pay the total amount. That leaves $500000 of salary that they will pay. His total cap hit is $3.5 mil.

well that 3rd line looks a lot better than what the 'Yotes had last season.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Good deal for both teams. Love the fact that the Leafs are able to take on salary to benefit them in a trade. Really happy we got a 4th but more than likely a 3rd. This new CBA is going to help out a lot both small and big market teams and it'll help open up player movement. Leafs and Coyotes are the first two teams to take advantage of the new rules.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well, it's better than Chip centering a line. If he's healthy and in great shape the way he says, he should definitely help us. I'd be more excited if it didn't look like that ROR deal was actually talked about. Loved watching Lombo and Upshall when there were here. Hopefully Lombo can get some chemistry going with some of our other forwards.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
More Lombardi: "I feel as good as I’ve felt in a long time. Physically, I’m in great shape."

The multiple qualifiers he felt were necessary make me nervous. Why not just say "I feel the best I've ever felt and I'm in the best shape of my life"? His thinly masked candor is mildly worrisome.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Todd Walsh ‏@ToddWalsh

#Coyotes GM Don Maloney on Lombardi trade: "this was the deal" we wanted to make prior to work stoppage.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
...went with plan 'B'. Important to start the season off with a push.Not enough time to make up for it, if they get a bad start this season. Do like the overall depth. And the 'Yotes still can acquire Iginla before the deadline.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Meh. I would've preferred to go in a different direction. But with Toronto picking up 1.5 mill of his salary I guess its worth a shot. I loved him while he was here the first time and hopefully he can get back to that level. I don't really believe he "never wanted to leave", when he turned down our offer to look for more money.

mitch27

Sep 6, 2009
Windsor, Ontario
Solid pick up. If he can play like he did for us a few seasons ago, we're in good shape. Our defence will still carry us but now we're a little more adequate up front as well.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I'm trying to find out if Moss played with Lombardi in Calgary. Could be some extra chemistry in there.

I don't know about his rookie year, but Moss played most of 07/08 on a line with Lombardi and Yelle.

The following year it looked like Moss and Glencross played a lot together with a revolving door of centers between them. Conroy filled the roll most of the time, then Boyd, and then Lombardi (in terms of % of ES icetime).

They've definitely played together though. I can't help but think that when Torres' suspension is over, he might be a good choice to slide into the LW spot with Lombardi and Moss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad