GDT: LOLCanes @ LOLCats

Beardy*

I'm no doctor, but it was said that Cam was walking on his own, with a little limp and had an ice pack on his knee. If it was a torn ACL/MCL, would he be walking without crutches?

I'm hoping it's just a strain or a little inflamed that with a few days rest he'll be fine. Ellis can hold it down this week. I'm just a tad afraid of having a Ellis/Peters tandem for the rest of the year. I know Peters is doing good in Charlotte, but he always seems to do in Charlotte. It's when he gets here that he doesn't do so good.

Yeah, generally... Unless there is a partial tear which allows him to walk, but not push off like you need to do to play goalie.

That said, its still a good sign he walked out on his own without crutches or a limp. Sounds like the MRI is precautionary only, making sure that there is no real damage to the knee. It is worrisome the way he went down, though.

The good thing is, its unlikely we're going to hear something ambiguous about the injury. Either he tore something and he's done, or he just needs a day or 2 off and he'll be fine. There really is no middle ground when it comes to the knee.

But, if something like this were to happen to the Canes, and he is lost for a while, I am not nearly as worried about our season as I would be in the past. Ellis has shown he can be more than competent in keeping this team going.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, generally... Unless there is a partial tear which allows him to walk, but not push off like you need to do to play goalie.

That said, its still a good sign he walked out on his own without crutches or a limp. Sounds like the MRI is precautionary only, making sure that there is no real damage to the knee. It is worrisome the way he went down, though.

Where did it say without a limp though? What I read (in this thread) was that he was said that he was walking on his own, but WITH a little limp and an icepack on his knee. You can definitely have a full tear of your ACL and still walk like just like that. I've never had that happen to me, but a close friend tore his and walked just fine with only a little limp.

Anyhow, I hope for the best that it's just a sprain and not a tear, but trying to discern if it's a tear or not by him walking to the bus is fruitless. The MRI is required, and as you said, at least we'll know definitively in short order.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Basketball players walk all the time on their own with a torn acl.. hell, Rondo tore his ACL and finished the game.

If Cam tore his ACL, we are ****ed. I think we could still make the playoffs but Cam has proven to step his game up then while Ellis has played like **** in the playoffs for the most part.. Certainly not reliable.

Also, if Cam tore his ACL, we might have to look for a goalie cause we have no idea how he'll play in the future.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'm tempted to pick him up in my fantasy team now. Carolina are a good team and win their fair share but not sure. Should I swap Scrivens for him?

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
I'm tempted to pick him up in my fantasy team now. Carolina are a good team and win their fair share but not sure. Should I swap Scrivens for him?

Yeah. I'm dropping Cam myself for ellis cause I got no one else.. Riemer is likely to get most starts in Toronto so I wouldn't keep Scrivens if I were you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad