Prospect Info: Logan Neaton, G (5th Round, 144th Overall)

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Looks like a fine prospect!

Player Statistics
STeamLeagueGPGAASVS%POSTGPGAASVS%
2012-13
6.png
Honeybaked Bantam Minor AAA
HPMBHL 134.98- |
2015-16
6.png
Brighton High
USHS-MI 241.92.919 |
2016-17
6.png
Brighton High “C”
USHS-MI 291.47.928 |
6.png
MDHL White
MDHL -4.34.866 |
2017-18
6.png
Fairbanks Ice Dogs
NAHL 242.00.906 | Playoffs 2 2.03 .903
2018-19
3.png
Prince George Spruce Kings
BCHL 471.92.914 | Playoffs 17 1.46 .940
2020-21
6.png
UMass-Lowell
NCAA --- |
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Steenager

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He was incredibly solid this season. Was a backbone to the Kings run this year, helping win the Fred Page Cup (BCHL Champs) and then the Doyle Cup (BCHL vs AJHL Champs), which led to a RBC Cup appearance, where they lost in the Finals to Brooks who lost 6 games all season (including playoffs).

PG beat Brooks 4 times.

Neaton is a solid goalie, always seems to be in position and stylistically reminded me of Carey Price, just because of his movement and demeanour in net. Never seemed to ever get phased by any situations and look like a fish out of water...but when he did look out of position, he did stuff like this:

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
A guy I follow on Twitter is deeply invested in BCHL, and goalies to boot. He's deeply in favour of this kid. I'll be paying attention to him.

That’s encouraging. Knew nothing about this pick and was hoping for Haider as the Jets token goalie selection.

He we went 4 picks later to the Preds. Hopefully Jets made the right choice here.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Any word on where he’ll play next season? According to Elite Prospects he’s not going to UMass-Lowell until 2020-21.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can anyone share any added information on Logan Neaton and whether he has what it takes to even earn an ELC? He is 1-17 in his NCAA career on an awful Miami of Ohio team.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Can anyone share any added information on Logan Neaton and whether he has what it takes to even earn an ELC? He is 1-17 in his NCAA career on an awful Miami of Ohio team.
He was a poor pick from the get-go and is now 24-years-old with a college career save percentage healthily below .900. I would say no.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Don't imagine it will move the needle much in terms of his pro prospects. But 11 games into his fifth season of college hockey Neaton has quadrupled his career total in wins, going 4-6-1 with Miami (not exactly Bo Nix or Sam Hartman type numbers but I digress).

That being said, referring to using a fifth-round pick on a goalie with Neaton's size as a "poor pick from the start" is a bit of an exaggeration to say the least.

Drafting goalies in general is a crapshoot - and the percentage of fifth round picks who ever reach the NHL is small.

Picking Neaton in the first or second round would have been a poor decision. Not taking a flier when they did.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't imagine it will move the needle much in terms of his pro prospects. But 11 games into his fifth season of college hockey Neaton has quadrupled his career total in wins, going 4-6-1 with Miami (not exactly Bo Nix or Sam Hartman type numbers but I digress).

That being said, referring to using a fifth-round pick on a goalie with Neaton's size as a "poor pick from the start" is a bit of an exaggeration to say the least.

Drafting goalies in general is a crapshoot - and the percentage of fifth round picks who ever reach the NHL is small.

Picking Neaton in the first or second round would have been a poor decision. Not taking a flier when they did.
Big goalie, kind of a fun name, 5th round...go for it! :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

You have to keep in mind the expectation from Jets fans for 5th round overage goalies who went undrafted in their draft year, have played in the NAHL, and are about to play for UMass Lowell. Poor kid never had a chance.

Reactions: SLAYER and Duke749

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba

Totally right. Never forget, Vezina winner Hellybuck was a 5th round pick as well!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad