Status
Not open for further replies.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
DumLet us all hope his first game is as impressive as Hutson's
That’s all we can do!

I thought Hutson was mostly a project myself, but I clearly know less than I assumed. :dunce:

So sky is the limit for ole Logan tonight I guess.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
What a classy move!!

Thought about it yesterday, thought how would Mailloux take this as Hutson, a younger prospect, plays his first game out of NCAA while he, arguably, did everything it takes to be called up in the AHL and wasn't, supposedly because of a D-men jam.

Another fun game tonight, hopefully a high scoring loss

Reactions: cphabs

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
We have the dumbest fanbase ever.

Now I see multiple people claiming that Justin Barron is terrible.

Are these the same hockey geniuses that claimed Jonathan Drouin would be out of the league?

Are these the same brilliant minds that declared Brendan Gallagher useless and no longer an NHL calibre player?

I don't know what's worse, the clueless hot takes are the complete lack of accountability when they are obviously wrong.
100%

that’s what the ignore function is for, lol. Some just can’t keep negativity to themselves……kinda like a monkey throwing shit.

If Barron is dog shit perhaps you think our GM (or Joe Sakic) doesn’t understand the game or how to build a team?

Anyway there’s an old adage about trying to reason with idiots.
Cheers.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
That’s all we can do!

I thought Hutson was mostly a project myself, but I clearly know less than I assumed. :dunce:
I was concerned about Hutson's skating ability which I feared could serve to limit his effectiveness at the NHL level. After his first few shifts, it was apparent to this writer that Hutson had enough quickness to survive and thrive at the NHL level. He may be a bit of an adventure in our defensive zone, but his vision , skill and compete level has convinced me that Hutson is here to stay.

I have been watching Mailloux closely ever since we surprisingly drafted him in 2021. I watched most, if not all, of his London games and most of his games at Laval. I remain concerned about his overall mobility. In the AHL, I have yet to see him display the skating ability to avoid forecheckers and transport the puck consistently from the defensive zone, through the neutral zone and establish control in the offensive zone.

At each level he has played: OHL and AHL, Mailloux has taken a period of time to adjust to the speed/pace of play of the game. I attribute this to his long periods of absence during the past 4 years due to COVID, injury and suspension. To expect Mailloux to have an immediate positive impact at the NHL is, in this writer's opinion, an unrealistic expectation.

Let's see if he can show the same level of quickness and competitive fervor that Hutson did last night. Let's see if Mailloux can, like Hutson, send a message to the team management that he is here to stay.

I will be watching closely.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I was concerned about Hutson's skating ability which I feared could serve to limit his effectiveness at the NHL level. After his first few shifts, it was apparent to this writer that Hutson had enough quickness to survive and thrive at the NHL level. He may be a bit of an adventure in our defensive zone, but his vision , skill and compete level has convinced me that Hutson is here to stay.

I have been watching Mailloux closely ever since we surprisingly drafted him in 2021. I watched most, if not all, of his London games and most of his games at Laval. I remain concerned about his overall mobility. In the AHL, have yet to see him display the skating ability to avoid forecheckers and transport the puck consistently from the defensive zone, through the neutral zone and establish control in the offensive zone.

At each level he has played: OHL and AHL, Mailloux has taken a period of time to adjust to the speed/pace of play of the game. I attribute this to his long periods of absence during the past 4 years due to COVID, injury and suspension. To expect Mailloux to have an immediate positive impact at the NHL is, in this writer's opinion, an unrealistic expectation.

Let's see if he can show the same level of quickness and competitive fervor that Hutson did last night. Let's see if Mailloux can, like Hutson, send a message to the team management that he is here to stay.

I will be watching closely.
Amen Admiral

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
What a classy move!!

Thought about it yesterday, thought how would Mailloux take this as Hutson, a younger prospect, plays his first game out of NCAA while he, arguably, did everything it takes to be called up in the AHL and wasn't, supposedly because of a D-men jam.

Another fun game tonight, hopefully a high scoring loss
Logan Mailloux's entire OHL career was 75 regular season games + 15 playoff games. He just needs to play, a lot. It's not an age thing at all in his case, it's time on ice!

Covid + his suspension + injuries caused this. I hope he understands this, otherwise he has other issues.

Reactions: montreal

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
All the while doing everything they could to sweep the 2018 WJC Team under the rug.
If you’re looking for consistency in professional sport, you are engaging in a futile exercise. The vast amounts of money in play has a corrupting effect.

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

This is still a thing ?
1580048751-jesus-question-perplexe.png

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Rewards the kid for a strong season, he gets to make his debut in a low pressure game for the Habs and the media should be more focused on the Wings trying to get into the playoffs for the first time in several years. Good move for a few reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad