Confirmed with Link: Lockout Discussion Thread 5.0: The Lockout is over!!

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
What I don't understand is I thought players were losing so much to fight this much. I don't think they lost much. More power to them but some of the rules were obvious like contract rights to prevent circumvention and the like. 50-50 was a loss but make whole was around though. Other stuff like players getting pension is a bonus for them.

I don't know how NHL got this big bad picture attached to them when they got very little.

I don't think you can downplay going from market value (for UFA's, anyway), to 57%, to 50%. That's huge. Yes, there's make whole for some players for 2 years... then there's 6-8 more at the figure the owners wanted. It's all about where the money goes, and a greater share of it is on its way to the owners. The players lost, as they did last time.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
They should make a half-sized Cup for this half NHL season.

I'll watch only if Gally plays.

Haha!! Poor man's version of the Stanley Cup!
(they should also give half off for the first month on all the tickets! as a way of saying sorry that we have been screwing with nhl fans, instead of just taking nhl fans' millions of dollars, season after season...and then locking out fans from nhl hockey whenever they feel like it :shakehead... half of me is still bitter, the other half is happy that nhl hockey is back...but I'm still bitter... I love nhl hockey but I hate the greedy owners and players...not all of them are greedy but most of them!!).

Silly question (maybe?!)...trade deadline is still in March?! (probably early April...?).
(always exciting!! love it when it's trading time!!).

Last edited:

BobbyFischer*

Haha!! Poor man's version of the Stanley Cup!
(they should also give half off for the first month on all the tickets! as a way of saying sorry that we have been screwing with nhl fans, instead of just taking nhl fans' millions of dollars, season after season...and then locking out fans from nhl hockey whenever they feel like it :shakehead... half of me is still bitter, the other half is happy that nhl hockey is back...but I'm still bitter... I love nhl hockey but I hate the greedy owners and players...not all of them are greedy but most of them!!).

Silly question (maybe?!)...trade deadline is still in March?!
(always exciting!! love it when it's trading time!!).

I heard trade deadline will be april 5th..

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I heard trade deadline will be april 5th..

Thanks for that... I just happened to see something about that in the prospects or trade proposal threads...they were also mentioning April 5th (but with a small question mark).

Anyways...for now it seems like it's April 5th.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Renaud Lavoie‏@RenLavoieRDS

NHL is not currently contemplating preseason games. Camps should start between Saturday and Monday.

You'd think they'd want to play 1-2 exhibitions.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Just a low rumble for now, but there are whispers KHL teams may be offering "inducements" to get RUS stars to stay and not return to NHL.

In last 24 hours, multiple sources told me NHL teams would do well to have roll call because it's possible a RUS player or two may not show.

Two things to keep in mind: 1. Many RUS stars publicly stated earlier this season they might stay the entire the year in the KHL.

2. NHL-KHL have post-Radulov pact to honor contracts. That said, been suggested to me this entire issue could heat up again. We'll see.

I'm not worried about Markov, but anyone think we could lose Emelin?

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
I would love to see Ovechkin stay in Russia. His whiny BS would not be missed and his loss would be a short term pain for the Caps that could be salved by the money they would have for free agents this summer. Stay home, Ovie!!

Markov will come back. YAY!!! I believe Emelin will, too. However, if the KHL team he plays for offers stupid cash for him, he might stay at home. I hope we get both of them back. I hope Kovalchuk goes back to NJ as well as most other Russian players, too.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
fwiw, Gionta along with Okposo, Stajan, and perhaps Oshie were just about to sign with Västerås in HockeyAllsvenskan when the lockout ended.

GeneralMarky79

Sep 25, 2007
PEI
I am not buying any NHL merchandise for the next 2 years but I will still watch on TV cause I love hockey and the HABS. Still Pissed at what these guys did then they say sorry to the fans but theyre just saying that cause they have to not because they are actually sorry. FU players and owners:rant:

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I am not buying any NHL merchandise for the next 2 years but I will still watch on TV cause I love hockey and the HABS. Still Pissed at what these guys did then they say sorry to the fans but theyre just saying that cause they have to not because they are actually sorry. FU players and owners:rant:

Yeah right, move on...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
That reminds me. I need to buy a new Habs T-shirt because Kostitsyn and Cammalleri are no longer on the team. Damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad