Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I’d dump Marner and Mo before JT, Mo has term and that contract will be uuuuuuuugly by the time it expires……..
For Mo and Mitch you can at least get something of value back if they waive. For JT with that cap hit you won't - best to just ride out the last year.

Reactions: ToneDog

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
His time in Calgary is incredibly troubling, I agree. We're a lot better than they were though. He'd really have to do something drastic for us to not make the playoffs, it'd have to be real bad. I don't think he's that type and the guys we have on the longest terms are good guys to have locked up. Like worst case he makes changes that have us make the playoffs and lose in the first round.

People are going to argue Rielly is a problem, but he's not. Rielly being the only guy that we can ask to do pretty much anything of is the problem. If we know one thing about BT, it's that he's loves a defenceman and he's likely looking at bringing one in, I expect that will be his biggest signing this off-season.

I don't think he will turn us into Calgary where they are going to be a mid-level team not making the playoffs and not getting good draft picks for the next 5+ years, but there is potential to make us a wild card team and miss sometimes.

As much as I hate bowing out early every year, I still like the playoffs and hope that continues consistently.

Scared of his plans for D with his terrible assembly this year.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
They are not trading Matthews or Nylander. So that leaves JT and Marner from the core 4. Both JT and Marner have NMC's. So explain how they are not running it back again if they can't move JT and Marner? The Leafs don't have any say over JT and Marner. They could both choose to be back in which case we see this group again next season.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen written on here. The gap between Willy (98pt player) and his brother (26 years old and has been struggling to crack the NHL his whole career) is comparable to Matthew ( 100+ pt player) and Brady (75+ point player)?
Why is my post being quoted here?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Overall, I’m happy with what was said in this presser. That was very close to saying we’re blowing this shit heap sky high.

Will they actually do anything? That’s another question.
I'm sure they'll try, otherwise they wouldn't be talking that way. It all comes down to getting Marner to waive and if they do that, we're good to go. If Marner digs in heels though and refuses, then it's hard to see what else they can do and the question becomes, how nasty are they willing to get in terms of applying pressure?

I don't care what you think of the team, if JT is here (and that's likely), you're probably not going to take the captaincy away from him, right? I honestly don't even know the reason you would. Yes, he's a bit of a robot (understatement), but no one is questioning his work ethic. He's more of a quiet leader. Guys can lead without the C (see Willie yelling at Mitch), unless we trade JT, why wouldn't he be captain?

And agreed, if they do, and they could, it will be very much a "I want to pass the torch to Auston" (and we all know it's Auston if they do).
Yup, completely pointless move. It doesn't matter much who's captain anyway, Matthews is the "obvious" choice for next captain and I don't think he's ideal anyway so what's the rush? I say extend Domi, wait a year and if Domi gives us another season similar to the last one, give it to him.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
A lot of teams transfer captaincy, that is not anything new, even if the active player is in the team
'Transfer' is OK, as it at least has the appearance of being voluntary. 'Strip' has too negative a feel.

It may be a matter of "you have a choice of giving it up".

Reactions: fahad203

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I did not hear:

"We believe in this group"
"Trust the process"
"We were just one single goal from advancing"
"It's unfortunate that injuries affected our good work"
"Skilled players are so hard to find"
Agreed.

I think the board is legitimately pissed this time.

Reactions: PromisedLand

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
For Mo and Mitch you can at least get something of value back if they waive. For JT with that cap hit you won't - best to just ride out the last year.
Agreed on JT, put him on the 3rd or 4th line and he’ll thrive, it’s a lot of scratch for the position, but it’s only one year and if used properly he won’t hurt the team, only the cap………

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
But after July 1st I believe his actual salary is only something like less than $1 million due to the signing bonus he will get. But the real problem is he wants to be here, and they have 3 kids who have probably settled in very nicely here in TO.

'Transfer' is OK, as it at least has the appearance of being voluntary. 'Strip' has too negative a feel.

It may be a matter of "you have a choice of giving it up".
I wish I could remember how Jeff O'Neill mentioned on Overdrive that it wouldn't be that easy.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Feels like the end of Marner. Talk of change with AM and Willy signed, talk of seeing the same thing over and over. Resigned guys singled out for injuries while Mitch wasn't.
Took that more as disclosing what was wrong with the players they were so secretive about

Reactions: Sypher04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad