Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Let's get realistic here. Strip Tavares of his captaincy? That would be the most idiotic thing to do for the organization, for a player that has devoted, and represented the team with the utmost respectability, plays to 100% of his capabilities, leading by example on and off the ice, but unfortunately his body is breaking down and can't keep up with the pace.

A lot of teams transfer captaincy, that is not anything new, even if the active player is in the team

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I think how you view Shanahan's answers, are largely based upon your perception of him in advance... so you are going to be mad at him already, or not.

Honestly, it doesn't matter what he, and Brad say... it matters what they do. Do they move forward, and make some hard changes to this organization, or not? If they do make some hard changes, yes, there was conviction. This is walk the walk time.
Exactly this^. Deeds not words.

Reactions: Fogelhund

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Yeah and on top of that the Leafs management made the media pressure Sundin to accept the trade and they started the whole thing with a lie that Sundin was willing to be traded.

Ahhh good times.

I still know dumtards that are still upset at Sundin.

hilarious
Mats should be the team Prez.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Reading between the lines, definitely feels like they no longer believe in the core group of players and change is coming -- Also don't believe how the team plays in the playoffs and how they generate offense.

Seems like Marner time in Toronto has ran out.
Seems like Sammy is as good as gone.
Seems like they going to acquire forwards and change stylistically how the team plays the game.

Interesting times coming.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Zack Hyman at 9 goals in the playoffs.

Even Dakota Joshua with 3 playoff goals.

Too bad these guys weren’t good enough for our previous GM, but we hung on to Kerfloof for dear life….

If guess their intensity and give a crap made them a bad fit for us?
Brady is overrated. He's not Matthew or his dad.

It's like William Nylander vs Alex Nylander
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen written on here. The gap between Willy (98pt player) and his brother (26 years old and has been struggling to crack the NHL his whole career) is comparable to Matthew ( 100+ pt player) and Brady (75+ point player)?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Pretty sure his contract is like everyone else. 5 year extension that was signed few years ago. Either way you have to pay him, so I guess just keep him around
It's not like his money goes against the cap or he's coaching the team

The team announced Tuesday afternoon that president and alternate governor Brendan Shanahan signed a six-year extension with the club, running through the 2024-25 season.

Reactions: fahad203

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen written on here. The gap between Willy (98pt player) and his brother (26 years old and has been struggling to crack the NHL his whole career) is comparable to Matthew ( 100+ pt player) and Brady (75+ point player)?

Put some respect on Alex Nylander's name.

Brady has been a minus player his whole career (except this year where he finished a career high +1). He's good at banging in rebounds, that's about it. Matthew Tkachuk put up 104 points and was +57 when he was Brady's age this season. They're not close.

The only thing better Brady beats Matthew in is taking stupid penalties. He hurts a team more than he helps them.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Let's get realistic here. Strip Tavares of his captaincy? That would be the most idiotic thing to do for the organization, for a player that has devoted, and represented the team with the utmost respectability, plays to 100% of his capabilities, leading by example on and off the ice, but unfortunately his body is breaking down and can't keep up with the pace.

i've said this so many times.
the only team I can think of in the last 20 years who actually stripped someone of their Captaincy was San Jose and they did it three times. Joe Thornton to Patty Marleau, to the other one. (sorry my memory isn't as good). the other Joe. and that caused drama. people wanna Strip Tavares of his captaincy - like that wouldn't be drama and then when i brought it up it's like well leadership needs to be people who produce. like.. okay?

and again I don't personally believe that Matthews is the best choice to be the captain regardless of his on ice production.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Sounds like a bunch of fakers giving lip service and each one trying to take the blame.
Lots of bla bla bla and until they actually make meaningful change absolutely nothing will change

Reactions: LeafSteel

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
If this team wants to play within a structure and play that structure in the regular season and the playoffs, there is no better coach out there to implement a playoff type structure than Claude Julien!

He's had playoff success and is a champion as well!

Bring him on board!

Reactions: BTO

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Sure there is.
A huge and very physical player who gives you 35+ and 75+ and is only 24 and makes 8 mil for the next 4 seasons for a small soft 100 pt player who's 27 and will be making atleast 3 mil more ( assuming he doesnt take a pay decrease on his next contract) than Brady for the next few years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad