Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
It seems clear they are saying they are going to make big changes but obviously aren't going to disclose them now.

To me, Samsonov is 100% gone. And I don't see any way they extend Marner. Whether they can move him or not remains to be seen, but he's not getting a deal here.

Or all of this is just word salad "yeah we're going to look at everything (but do nothing)" nonsense and we'll be right back here next year watching the same press conference.

Reactions: CapspaceKiller

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
How are they going to make big trades if every big name has a full NMC?

And the 2 guys who should be traded are local boys who want to play for the Leafs, they are unlikely to waive.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This sounds different that other years. It does sound like they plan to make some changes and aren’t running it back.
They are certainly saying all the right things. Over the summer what they are saying needs to start showing or at least taking some form. Or it’s just lip service.

Reactions: Apex Predator

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

And the 2 guys who should be traded are local boys who want to play for the Leafs, they are unlikely to waive.

You know what... it's now time for us to sit back, and let Brad do his thing. Either they waive, and we make trades... or they don't... guessing what is going to happen, or not isn't very productive. None of us have talked to the players in person... It wouldn't shock me if Marner actually wanted out at this point.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It seems clear they are saying they are going to make big changes but obviously aren't going to disclose them now.

To me, Samsonov is 100% gone. And I don't see any way they extend Marner. Whether they can move him or not remains to be seen, but he's not getting a deal here.

Or all of this is just word salad "yeah we're going to look at everything (but do nothing)" nonsense and we'll be right back here next year watching the same press conference.

If Marner could truly run a proper powerplay in the playoffs, had a good shot and not afraid of physicality, he would be Kucherov...alas, he's half the player Kucherov is in the playoffs, and not nearly as good in the regular season while making more money. Leafs can't afford to bring Marner back for another 8 years.

Imagine if Matthews is gone in 4 years, and Leafs still have 4 years of Marner while he's 32 years old.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1715353875914.png

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Mitch has no future here. I think that's clear. You ask him to waive for a place he wants to go in hopes they can work out an extension to get Mitch the 8th year.

JT is the hard one, but again, if you make it clear he's not going to be re-signed then it may change his mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad