Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Yet not a single question posed about the No Movement Clause.

True. Though Jonas Siegel had a story yesterday with the Athletic that said Marner was potentially prepared to be traded last summer. So might not quite be the obstacle that we think it is (if the team does indeed decide to trade him)

Reactions: wingman75

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
True. Though Jonas Siegel had a story yesterday with the Athletic that said Marner was potentially prepared to be traded last summer. So might not quite be the obstacle that we think it is (if the team does indeed decide to trade him)
Would that have been before the NMC kicked in?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Some definitely will need to go, but ultimately team construction or potential flaws within it has everything to do with higher ups who make the major decisions for the team.

Thing which I think these interviews do show is that they obviously care andnthey're clearly not just interested about it. They just don't quite have the solutions that we might need

At the end of the day, I don’t care that they care, or that they believe in themselves and each other. It’s their actions on the ice that matter and for all their inconsistency and motivational issues. They are Jekyll and Hyde. Sometimes they care. Sometimes they don’t. Sometimes they need heroics to overcome the adversity they create for themselves.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I am going to be on an island alone, but I think it would be wrong to move off of Marner unless they can get true value back. It's Tavares 11 million that is killing this team. I would prefer to see 16, 34 & 88 play under a coach like John Q before jumping on the grenade. This should have been done last summer. I just wish the captains contract was up this year to use for center and D depth.
It's a valid point.

Most rational Leaf fans knew the JT was going to be an anchor in the final couple of years. We are seeing it now.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
I'm not as angry this time around for some reason, maybe because I liked the character of the team more. We didn't seem far away this time, I don't have the pitchfork mentality.

We need a new voice, a better goalie tandem and another D man that can chew minutes AND move a puck. Couple trades and tweaks, I'm happy. Blow it up is nonsense at this point to me, this team is actually close, raw emotions aside. I liked a lot of what I saw, we have some warriors to build around too.
What about 2 goals or less in 13/14 straight playoff games screams “a couple tweaks to the defence and goalie”?

it’s always about the defence and goalies year after year despite seeing these chokers of forwards do nothing in the playoffs. The lengths people will go to defend this core is astounding.

P.S. what you’re feeling is apathy, like everyone else. Everyone know the Leafs are a joke and our expectations are set accordingly.

Reactions: Al4tdsBundy

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
The only way I keep Mitch is if he's willing to accept 6x8 with no trade protection offer him that then ship him out when he says no.

Owes us minimum 3 mil a year

Reactions: JKG33

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Tavares is trying to show stoic leadership and belief in the current plan.

It’s like he’s trying to sell the company line or something but it’s quite evident everyone in the room knows he’s full of shit, so now he just looks disingenuous and out of touch.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Before the NMC

Completely different environment now.

Reactions: Menzinger

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Mitch Marner EOS Interview
  • On offensive challenges - credits Bruins for structure. Says it was hard around their net. Felt like they got much better later in the series getting to the net.
  • On contract extension - will start thinking about that in the next week. Hasn't thought about it yet. Just focused on playing and being in the moment.
  • On wanting to stay in Toronto - that's the goal. He loves this city and this team. Grew up here.
  • On what it means to be Maple Leaf - really appreciates the love they get from the fanbase. Fans treat players like gods here. We saw it with the Raps a few years ago for the love they get, and that's the love they want.
  • On what it means to come short - sucks. It's the same shitty pain. Never fun going home this early. Never gets easier.
  • On why the core deserves another chance - We know it's not easy to win a cup. All out war. Never going to get easier. Always a challenge, which builds adversity, and will only make us better.
  • On where the difference comes - trusting themselves. Trusting that they've been in this position and that they will get through it.
For Bert

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I couldn't bare to watch. Thanks to @Tak7 for the summaries!

Nothing new learned. The fact some of them stand there and talk about how close they are tells us they have zero idea of how far they are away.

I blame Dubas a Keefe for creating a 'participation trophy' culture. You lost in the first round for the 7th time in 8 playoffs. You suck. Own it ffs.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Tavares is trying to show stoic leadership and belief in the current plan.

It’s like he’s trying to sell the company line or something but it’s quite evident everyone in the room knows he’s full of shit, so now he just looks disingenuous and out of touch.
We talk about Keefe losing the room, think JT is in the same boat.

Reactions: seventieslord

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
There was the food poisoning idea, which is a bit sensitive to talk about.

It's not like he's going to say, "Oh yeah, I was shitting threw the eye of a needle."
The expectation after Saturday was that he would get into the injury more today.

Pretty interesting that he didn't discuss it - might be reading too much into it, but wonder if it's something that requires corrective measures or a potentially recurring issue.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Who cares what they have to say. 1 fluke series win in 8 years while cashing out to the MAX. I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for any of them aside from Nylander.

The rest can leave. Not interested in hearing their bs excuses or why they feel sorry for themselves.

Just leave and take the giant shit stain you left behind on this team with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad