Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Who cares what they have to say. 1 fluke series win in 8 years while cashing out to the MAX. I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for any of them aside from Nylander.

The rest can leave. Not interested in hearing their bs excuses or why they feel sorry for themselves.

Just leave and take the giant shit stain you left behind on this team with you.
From the handshake line respect to the "right there" comments, you would have thought they have just lost in a hard fought 7 game series in the cup final.

Unbelievable

Reactions: myleafs

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Sammy’s definitely a likeable guy, but his mental breakdown and inconsistent play should guarantee is departure imo……..

Campbell was also a very nice guy. Good team player. Unfortunately, it's a performance based industry

I wish him all the best. But we need to move on

Reactions: Cleetus

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Marner had a chance to spin some of those questions onto himself and having to be better… but he just lumped himself back with the core.

Brutal.

he started off the presser good and then it completely fell off the rails. But you're absolutely right. I think if he took some accountability and said something along the lines of, the only thing that matters is being viewed as a stanley cup champion or someone the fans, my teammates can rely on and I'm going to work on my game, I think he escapes the negativity. But it came off so so so bad. Just not a good look

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Keefe looks nervous/uneasy. More so than previous years.

Bring in the third warden for the inmates already.

Reactions: fahad203

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
The two years of NMC for Mitch is still the worst thing of that absolutely horrendous contract.

Overpaid the hell out of him and gave him one more year of a NMC then Matthews did on his contract

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sammy’s definitely a likeable guy, but his mental breakdown and inconsistent play should guarantee is departure imo……..

He’s the Russian Jack Campbell. Borscht.

He’s had some good stretches and is nice enough but you never know what you’re gonna get from him.

Reactions: fahad203

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Willie seems like the only guy who is growing to hate losing and his competitive fires are burning brighter year over year. You can see the shape of a veteran leader forming from that. He gives me the most hope combined with his on ice contributions.

Matthews looks like he’s been though a lot health wise. He has enough ability to figure it out even though I don’t think he’s got the fire of a Mackinnon or McDavid that would propel him to top of class. But he can figure it out.

Marner looked very young out there. I don’t think he’s capable of leading a playoff winner by demeanor or physical build but if the price point was okay I don’t think he should be the automatic scapegoat. He’ll bring you to the dance but will puke all over himself from the nerves. That’s the deal.

Tavares is a terrible culture setter. Seems like a nice guy but his corporate friendly generic messaging is a big part of what’s wrong with the Leafs. Seems like a participation trophy kind of guy as someone mentioned above.

Rielly is the low key becoming very problematic for me. He comes across as a nice guy who is supposed to be emotionally relatable, is sad about losing, but if actions speak louder than words is okay with losing - cause it’s hard to win. He’s the most “DeMar” in his outlook.
I said it the other day, but the leaps in maturity that Nylander has taken has only been matched by Matthews. Tavares still responds like a robot and Marner...just shouldn't be allowed around the media anymore.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Regarding the Mitch god comment about the Leafs being looked at like gods. He's just awkward and uncomfortable. That's a pass, I get his meaning. The Leafs are the centre of the entire sport, we'd build statues if we simply made the finals.

He didn't say, "I am like a god". :laugh:

He did look near tears and wanted to get out of there asap

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
All Marner had to say is "I know that I am a top 10 paid player in the league and 3 points in 7 games isn't enough. There is a standard required to be a Maple Leaf and I know I have to be better if I want to be a part of this organization going forward. It's now up to management to give me that opportunity."
It’s a lot to ask from a guy with more than likely a grade 6 education and no real life experience

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Willie seems like the only guy who is growing to hate losing and his competitive fires are burning brighter year over year. You can see the shape of a veteran leader forming from that. He gives me the most hope combined with his on ice contributions.

Matthews looks like he’s been though a lot health wise. He has enough ability to figure it out even though I don’t think he’s got the fire of a Mackinnon or McDavid that would propel him to top of class. But he can figure it out.

Marner looked very young out there. I don’t think he’s capable of leading a playoff winner by demeanor or physical build but if the price point was okay I don’t think he should be the automatic scapegoat. He’ll bring you to the dance but will puke all over himself from the nerves. That’s the deal.

Tavares is a terrible culture setter. Seems like a nice guy but his corporate friendly generic messaging is a big part of what’s wrong with the Leafs. Seems like a participation trophy kind of guy as someone mentioned above.

Rielly is the low key becoming very problematic for me. He comes across as a nice guy who is supposed to be emotionally relatable, is sad about losing, but if actions speak louder than words is okay with losing - cause it’s hard to win. He’s the most “DeMar” in his outlook.
Agree with Willie and AM.
MM and JT are sunk cost at this point.
Indifferent with Reilly, as I think he is just tired of losing and he knows his years are numbered due to his age.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Dubas did assembled a whole bunch of hobbits.
Now let’s see if Tre can get the others, lol.
My son pointed out that Dubas gave up on the larger prospects much sooner than the tiny Nic Petan's of the world. We saw Marchment traded...Brazeau let go...Dakota Joshua let go etc. But we kept hanging on to Joey Duszak (A tiny puck mover)...the afore mentioned Petan....Malgin had several kicks at the can...he kept doing it for a long time in hopes he would prove his skill over everything vision.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
next july first. Draisaitl is this July 1st
No, it's accurate... McDavid will be eligible to sign an extension from July 1st 2025, on his contract that expires July 1st 2026... when he would become an UFA if he doesn't extend.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
While Keefe has his blunders and quirks, I think he's done everything he can at this point. He said similar things in 2021 "We don't score enough playoff goals". Shocker.... It's the same this year.

I think the personnel has tuned him out and/or don't want to play the game how he wants to play. I do want him gone though.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad