Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
How much of this is down to the questions that are being asked of them?

Want to know 3 words that not a single reporter has uttered today, that absolutely should have been?

"No Movement Clause".

Insanity.
If I can give you a templates answer off the cuff to that question, do you think the players can too?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Every single player is being asked about Mitch as a teammate lol. What does the media think this will accomplish? None of his teammates are gonna throw him under the bus.

Reactions: AvroArrow

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
People mocking the feelings and disappointment of the players or saying good are being pretty trashy imo.

We all wanted better. We all demand better. End of the day though these are still human beings. Failing to achieve their goal by a fair margin and sitting on the precipice of most likely having their core taken apart to some extent.

Being a frustrated fan doesn’t mean you have to abandon all empathy to the struggles of the players.
When these players have bent the organization over the barrel at every contract negotiation, cried to get a veteran coach fired, and still fail in every big moment, they deserve every bit of mockery they get

Reactions: rutz

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
well i was Today years old when i realized the Coyotes were moving.

but why is it blowing your mind that they are are asking an Arizona born player who flat out stated it was that team that got him into hockey vs. staying into baseball his feelings about them being relocated. - that could have an impact on a future Auston Matthews who doesn't have that inspiration.
Technically the Coyotes aren't moving. Their owner still owns the rights for 5 years, they have sold their hockey operation to the league, and then the league transferred it to the new Utah franchise.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Man just saw the Marner quote. Gods?? Lmao is he that disconnected my reality?

I can’t believe he said that.
I need to check for myself to see the context, but it is a weird thing to bring up in these pressers. Like, what's the motive? Is he saying he didn't live up to his God status, or is he implying we shouldn't look at him like a God (Im sure he doesnt mean literally a God). If it's the former I'd definitely respect him a lot for saying it. If the latter....f*** you.

Reactions: Zero1

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Technically the Coyotes aren't moving. Their owner still owns the rights for 5 years, they have sold their hockey operation to the league, and then the league transferred it to the new Utah franchise.

okay now i am just confused. lol

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
People mocking the feelings and disappointment of the players or saying good are being pretty trashy imo.

We all wanted better. We all demand better. End of the day though these are still human beings. Failing to achieve their goal by a fair margin and sitting on the precipice of most likely having their core taken apart to some extent.

Being a frustrated fan doesn’t mean you have to abandon all empathy to the struggles of the players.

Maybe it’s all the bad history we’ve been through together, and another example of why change is desperately needed, but it’s very hard to have that much empathy for the guys who have been here the longest when they create their own adversity.

The battle back from 3-1 was heroic. But just opens up questions why that version of the team wasn’t there at 1-1 coming home. It just goes around and around in circles. The recriminations are endless. That’s why some of them need to go.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I am going to be on an island alone, but I think it would be wrong to move off of Marner unless they can get true value back. It's Tavares 11 million that is killing this team. I would prefer to see 16, 34 & 88 play under a coach like John Q before jumping on the grenade. This should have been done last summer. I just wish the captains contract was up this year to use for center and D depth.

Having said that 16 brought a lot of this negativity on himself demanding top dollar. The minute a fan base thinks your selfishness takes away from team success they will turn on you hard when things don't go well. So I get the sentiment.

Last edited:

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Tavares EOS Interview:

• On believing in the core - we are right there. Losing in game 7 OT shows how small the difference is. Lots of things could be alot different, just 1 shot away. The way we've competed and grown and embracing this time of year against defensive or physical teams, with whatever's required, the team has shown growth. Need to overcome hurdles. THat's on us, and on myself.
  • On extension - hasn't put much thought to it. Loves playing in Toronto. When I committed 6 years ago, saw tons of talent, and sees organization committed to winning.
  • On the heat on Mitch - Mitchy provides so much on and off the ice. His energy and personality makes him someone we love being around. Plays in all situations. Remarkable playmaker, reads plays really well. Very valuable piece of the group.
  • On how much growth he sees in Mitch - sees a lot of growth potential in everyone, himself included. Even in great years, always have to think about how to grow and get better. Have to keep getting better.
  • On how the time in Toronto has changed John, and biggest challenges playing here - been an amazing 6 years, and doesn't take captaincy for granted. Loves starting a family here. Has helped keep him grounded, and never takes being a Maple Leaf for granted. That has come with age.
  • On challenges - doesn't look at things as challenges, but amazing opportunities. Praises fans, and the belief they have in this team. Calls it an amazing opportunity. Overall, it's an incredible experience to play here as a Maple Leaf. When things are difficult, always have to reflect and look better, but have perspective on knowing that we are in a tremendous city and organization.
Did you guys have puke buckets handy when you listened to this? 🤮

Reactions: seventieslord

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

but why is it blowing your mind that they are are asking an Arizona born player who flat out stated it was that team that got him into hockey vs. staying into baseball his feelings about them being relocated. - that could have an impact on a future Auston Matthews who doesn't have that inspiration.
  1. He answered it when it happened. 3 weeks ago
  2. It's Leafs locker room clear out day, after a failed season which will likely see this franchise significantly altered moving forward - today isn't about Arizona. Might as well have asked him about the weather. Same relevance.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tavares next cap hit has steal potential.

Tavares would be the best 3C in the league for this last chapter of his career.
He cant play offense or defense

He eas a david kampf level impact player this playoffs

2 pts in 7 games and was horrific in chamce generation

Tavares cant kill PKs, cant play on the PP, cant carry the puck on PP or EVS

A 3C is a good two way guy who can produce 40-45 pts while taking tougher matchups

Tavares is the opposite of what we want in a 3C

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
I need to check for myself to see the context, but it is a weird thing to bring up in these pressers. Like, what's the motive? Is he saying he didn't live up to his God status, or is he implying we shouldn't look at him like a God. If it's the former I'd definitely respect him a lot for saying it. If the latter....f*** you.
Yeah, so I don't think he said anything wrong if taken in broader context.

Basically, to put on a Maple Leaf jersey, you are revered in Toronto (e.g. the city has a passionate group of hockey fans). And because of that, of course he loves playing for the Leafs, especially given that he is from the area. He hasn't started contract extensions yet but would like to kick that off next week.

Don't think there was anything tone deaf or malicious about his response - probably could have articulated things better, but he's a hockey player and not paid for his oratory skills.

I am going to be on an island alone, but I think it would be wrong to move off of Marner unless they can get true value back. It's Tavares 11 million that is killing this team. I would prefer to see 16, 34 & 88 play under a coach like John Q before jumping on the grenade. This should have been done last summer. I just wish the captains contract was up this year to use for center and D depth.
haha, you're not alone. I'm also with you on this as per my posts today.

Reactions: DraftSchmaft

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The Marner quote was unfortunately awkward, but people say odd things when they're put on the spot.

What's noticable is everyone asking others about him, there's more than just a seed planted about his (potential) future her
Yet not a single question posed about the No Movement Clause.

Reactions: Menzinger

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Samsonov is just holding himself accountable for his bit. The 1-1 was a backbreaker and the 2-1 goal made it official. How refreshing would it have been if one of the stars had pulled a Mackinnon and said “I needed to score there, I haven’t won anything in this league” Instead of talking about how generally hard it is.
I know Sammy won’t be back but he is being accountable. Funny how when Campbell said stuff like that most here felt sorry for him and rally around to support him while they pretty much do the opposite with Sammy.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Mitch Marner EOS Interview
  • On offensive challenges - credits Bruins for structure. Says it was hard around their net. Felt like they got much better later in the series getting to the net.
  • On contract extension - will start thinking about that in the next week. Hasn't thought about it yet. Just focused on playing and being in the moment.
  • On wanting to stay in Toronto - that's the goal. He loves this city and this team. Grew up here.
  • On what it means to be Maple Leaf - really appreciates the love they get from the fanbase. We saw it with the Raps a few years ago for the love they get, and that's the love they want.
  • On what it means to come short - sucks. It's the same shitty pain. Never fun going home this early. Never gets easier.
  • On why the core deserves another chance - We know it's not easy to win a cup. All out war. Never going to get easier. Always a challenge, which builds adversity, and will only make us better.
  • On where the difference comes - trusting themselves. Trusting that they've been in this position and that they will get through it.
🤮🤮 What a load! Deeds not words Mitchy. Your don't match.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Maybe it’s all the bad history we’ve been through together, and another example of why change is desperately needed, but it’s very hard to have that much empathy for the guys who have been here the longest when they create their own adversity.

The battle back from 3-1 was heroic. But just opens up questions why that version of the team wasn’t there at 1-1 coming home. It just goes around and around in circles. The recriminations are endless. That’s why some of them need to go.

Some definitely will need to go, but ultimately team construction or potential flaws within it has everything to do with higher ups who make the major decisions for the team.

Thing which I think these interviews do show is that they obviously care andnthey're clearly not just interested about it. They just don't quite have the solutions that we might need

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005

In fairness, today is about the Leafs and another miserable season.

I don't think Leaf fans give a shit about all those warm and fuzzy feelings about some wide-eyed eight year old in Arizona following in Matthews' footsteps.

That is for another day.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 2