Music: Live on KEXP

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So, I'm a big fan of watching the live performances that they post on Youtube. I've probably watched just about everything that they do.

The full sets are normally awesome. I loved the sets by CHVRCHES, Portugal. The Men, The Men, Lake Street Dive, etc. in recent memory. I can't think off the top of my head of another radio-type thing that does this, though, with full sets from bands.

So I'm hoping some of you guys know of something else similar. Any recommendations for other great live shows like this? I'm really only interested in full sets by bands (not just individual songs) if possible.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Tiny Desk Concerts by the mothership (NPR) is similar in concept, but KEXP really dominates at this sort of thing. I remembered seeing a few similar sequences with my favorite Icelandic bands filmed in small places in Reykjavik...and even those were via KEXP. They also offer many of the performances at Sasquatch online as well.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd imagine if you just search "band name full performance/full gig/full show" you'd be able to find some stuff, although I don't know of any off the top of my head that would be this length. BBC Introducing has some live performances but they're not as long as KEXP, and they're not in the same sort of in-studio setting.

Anyway, some good ones:

Frightened Rabbit
Further Frightened Rabbit
We Were Promised Jetpacks, which doesn't exist as a full video for some reason even though it's the one performance
The Twilight Sad, which doesn't exist as a full video for some reason even though it's the one performance (plus one extra_

Moshcam collects a decent amount of live performances from actual gigs which are good quality.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I've seen a few of these.

The Alt J one was one of the main ones I rememeber. I enjoyed it..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If we're bumping this thread, I saw a good one with Springtime Carnivore about a year ago where they told a funny story about getting arrested in Idaho or something after crossing the Canadian border.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Not a recent recording, but this thread is new to me, and I have been on a Destroyer tear lately:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Damn. I remember when KEXP was a tiny college radio station at the U of Washington down the hall from one of my classes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad