List of players considered as 2018 Nr. 1 pick

LeonTheKing

Aug 8, 2016
In 2015 I was sure Filip Zadina and Milos Roman are going to be a top prospects of 2018 NHL Draft. At one of them I was right, however Roman should be a solid early second round pick selection.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
3 years ago:

Veleno
Merkley
Svechnikov

were all consisered for 1st overall in 2018.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Back then there wasn't a lot of buzz around Dahlin nor around Boqvist in sweden, people were mostly talking about guys like Lundeström and Wernblom.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Wise it used to be. Now it seems like it's been Dahlin for #1 for 2018 for awhile now.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Believe it was mostly Svechnikov being considered #1 going back a couple years. Don't recall seeing Veleno - or anyone else for that matter - considered for it, even when he was awarded exceptional status. If I recall correctly, even then, he was touted as 'only' a top 5 pick.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
This draft is a little weirder than others. I feel like not too long ago, Mcisaac, merkley, and veleno were guaranteed top 10 picks and players like wahlstrom/Farabee were thought of as late 1st's. Now it's the other way around. Other drafts do tend to follow this pattern, but this one seems a lot different.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Jake Wise is supposed to be better at his stage now than Eichel and Austin Matthews were

The crystal ball was obviously wrong.

2018 NHL Draft - Next hyped draft?

2015 NHL draft is regarded as one of the best in recent years. Or at least, one of the most awaited.

It seems, that year 2018 will be also something special. If not better.
We have this new "Next One + Exceptional Player" Joseph Veleno.

Long discussed Mathias Emilio Pettersen is preparing for this draft.

Oliver Wahlstrom and T.J. Walsh from Shattuck St. Mary's.

Then Filip Zadina from Czech looks very promising.

Isac Lundeström, Andrei Svechnikov, Quinn Hughes and hopefully Miloš Roman are other names to be considered.

Reactions: enj92

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
If we're talking #1, Wilde, Svechnikov, Wise, Veleno were the only guys I can think of if we're going back to around 2015.

Dahlin really became a household name a bit later.

Other guys who were getting a lot of hype then were Levin, Jaxon Nelson, and Pettersson. Personally, of that group, I'm most surprised about Pettersson...thought he looked really promising.

Personally don't think Zadina, Tkachuk were ever in the convo for #1. Promising? Yes.....didn't really see them as #1 type talents though. I know some thought Wise was on a Eichel trajectory for a while.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
i would say Wise was a big one who held 1st overall for the longest time...but things change big time in drafts...neat to look back and see though...

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Dahlin popped up on my radar when I saw him dominate a J20 game at both ends against Karlskrona at the beginning of last season. 2 goals, 3 points. Jump out of your seat play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad