Value of: Linus Ullmark to your goalie needy team

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Love to have him but Boston fans seem to think they are getting Driasaitl for him and a few throw ins.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Love to have him but Boston fans seem to think they are getting Driasaitl for him and a few throw ins.
I've never seen a single fan think they're getting Draisaitl for him, but you can pretend if you'd like I suppose.

At this point I'll take a 2nd and B grade prospect. The cap space and knowing Swayman is finally annointed #1 is good enough, the return is just gravy.

Reactions: Skelen

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
New Jersey is close-ish to Boston, is on the cusp of being a young-ish playoff team and needs a high quality goalie for the next few years. Probably one of the teams that Ullmark would agree to go to.

to Boston Bruins
one of Daws or Schmid
a pick or prospect

to New Jersey Devils
Linus Ullmark

Ullmark (and his $5 cap hit) to New Jersey for Daws or Schmid. Both waiver exempt until next summer, both RFA, both not established as full time NHL players worthy of big cap hits. And a second piece as well going to Boston. Devils fans I would assume prefer to keep Daws and send Schmid, maybe Boston prefers Daws. Either way.

Boston gets a young AHL starter for injury callups who can backup Swayman full-time starting a year from now, and also recieve a pick or prospect. Also cap space, which they aren't desperate for, but hey it's still cap space. BOS probably going hard after Elias Lindholm and could use cap flexibility beyond that. Devils get their goalie.
Bruins dont need backup for Sway, they have already Bussi...

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
I'd love him on the Sens I'm just not sure how it would work out

Unless its something like Chychrun for Ullmark?

I'm not sure what player has more value because its taking a gamble on a goalie behind that defense.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Bruins dont need backup for Sway, they have already Bussi...
Schmid and Daws are waivers exempt. So for scenarios such as:

-either goalie gets hurt
-25 year old with 0 NHL experience cannot handle the NHL
-Goalie who has never played more than 44 games struggles with true starters workload

It provides a 3rd, NHL caliber option

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I've never seen a single fan think they're getting Draisaitl for him, but you can pretend if you'd like I suppose.

At this point I'll take a 2nd and B grade prospect. The cap space and knowing Swayman is finally annointed #1 is good enough, the return is just gravy.
See the Draisaitl thread. Ullmark and a few minor pieces doesn't get you RNH let alone Draisaitl

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Goalies don't get much, in 2010 after knocking of Pens and caps in playoffs Halak got this. At the time Eller was a former 1st rounder from 3 drafts ago who had only 7 NHl games. So someone similar from 2020 or 2021 draft, Isak Rosen from Buffalo, Boucher from ottawa, Bourgoult from Oilers. A former 1st rounder pick who has not yet established himself

1716323851922.png

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Goalies don't get much, in 2010 after knocking of Pens and caps in playoffs Halak got this. At the time Eller was a former 1st rounder from 3 drafts ago who had only 7 NHl games. So someone similar from 2020 or 2021 draft, Isak Rosen from Buffalo, Boucher from ottawa, Bourgoult from Oilers. A former 1st rounder pick who has not yet established himself

View attachment 874030
You cant really use a nearly 15 year old trade to gauge value of a player.....

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If Ullmark was at the end of his career and desparate to stay a Bruin, then sure, he can use that 15 team NTC and treat it like a lot more....

But, he's not. He's 30 years old with career earnings in the $21m range after this year. He's fully aware (or at least, his agent should be telling him) that next offseason is a year he absolutely needs to hit a home run contract.

He & Swayman can be the best buddies in the world, but it seems pretty clear to me that Sway has become at the very least, 1A, leaving him with no real opportunity in Boston, to either increase his market value, or get the extension that he can elsewhere.
He publicly said that he wants to play 1 more year in Boston and that is what he is planning on.

Reactions: HBK27

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
No way are the 10th overall or Mercer going for Ullmark.

This is for one year of a goalie and he has a 15 team NTC. I doubt they'd extend him before seeing what he does in NJ's (new) system.

Reactions: HBK27

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I'm wary of Ulmark, The Bruins have had good goaltending for the past 14 years. I wonder how much has to do with the system the Bruins have and how much is individual goalie skill.
Ullmark averaged a 912 sv% and had a winning record playing for the tank mode Sabres from 2015-2021. Easily the worst team in the league over that stretch.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I'm wary of Ulmark, The Bruins have had good goaltending for the past 14 years. I wonder how much has to do with the system the Bruins have and how much is individual goalie skill.

Bruins have had 3 different head coaches over that stretch along with some key roster turnover.

The one constant is their goaltending coach Bob Essensa.

I’d say he’s had a hand in developing/fine tuning Thomas, Rask, Ullmark, Swayman, etc.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Ullmark does not have numbers deserving high value return.

He is ok, but not great.

2023-24​
NHL​
40​
1​
2​
2400​
102​
0​
2​
2.55​
22​
10​
7​
1105​
0.915​
2023-24p​
NHL​
2​
0​
0​
77​
5​
0​
0​
3.90​
0​
1​
0​
39​
0.886​
NHL Totals

Purely out of context and only going by save percentage, .915 over 40 games in today's NHL is elite.

It's not quite the 1980s, but we're in an era where there aren't even 82 games worth of .900+ goalies for every team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad