Line Combos: Lines when Bolland returns?

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Kadri and Lupul need a bigger body to create space. Take Raymond off that line and put either Kulemin or Clarkson back up there. I'd probably go with the lines we had previously.

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Kadri Kulemin
Raymond Bolland Clarkson
D'Amigo McClement Ashton/Orr

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Can't see them moving Raymond while we are in a playoff spot, unfortunately if we keep him that means Holland is going down and he deserves to stay.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Holland/Raymond-Bolland-Kulemin
D'Amigo-McClement-Ashton

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Hopefully:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Holland - Kadri
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson
Ashton - McClemment - Raymond

More likely... :(

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Raymond
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson
Ashton - McClemment - Orr

We need to keep Holland up somehow and give him top 9 minutes. Or who knows, maybe Bolland gets Raymond goin again.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
I did that armchair GM thing on capgeek, and unless it's inaccurate; we'd still be over the cap once we send Ashton, Smith, and Holland down once activating Bolland.

Interesting to see how it turns out. Hopefully Fraser gets buried.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Either:
Lupul Bolland clarkson
Kulemin Kadri Holland

Or swap Lupul for Holland. Either way we end up with two other lines that can score and be alright defensively.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
just an FYI, ANA decided to trade Holland rather then try him on the wing. Also Kadri doesn't do well on the wing...apperently, because I dont remember a time when he was actually on the wing.

Holland will prob be sent down.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson
Kulemin - Holland - Kadri
Raymond - McClement - D'Amigo

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Gunnerson
Gleson - Ranger

Reimer
Bernier

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
What do you all want the lineup to look like when Bolland comes back? I've really liked holland and want him to stay up.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Holland-Kadri
Kulemin-Bolland-Clarkson
D'amigo-McClement-Orr

I think Jerry D deserves it more than Ashton, who probably deserves it more than Orr. Lol.

people gotta stop putting Lupul on the left side. Only reason he played there was because of Kessel. Putting him on the left in that line up, makes him and Kadri play on their off side..

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
people gotta stop putting Lupul on the left side. Only reason he played there was because of Kessel. Putting him on the left in that line up, makes him and Kadri play on their off side..

Why? He's clearly the shooter on a line like that.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

He played on the left wing because over his career he has been much, much better there than on the right wing. Simple as that.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Why? He's clearly the shooter on a line like that.

Off wings are usually for one-timers and players who have really heavy wrist shots. Examples are Kovalchuck and Ovechkin. IMO he has a nice release and isn't too bad of a passer. Putting him on his on his offside also means another player will need to be on their off side.

He played on the left wing because over his career he has been much, much better there than on the right wing. Simple as that.

His numbers went up when playing with Kessel, now that he's off the line they have come back down to earth. He is still a a more mature player now and better in virtually every aspect then he was before, but that has nothing to do with being on the left IMO. See the other comment too.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Off wings are usually for one-timers and players who have really heavy wrist shots. Examples are Kovalchuck and Ovechkin. IMO he has a nice release and isn't too bad of a passer. Putting him on his on his offside also means another player will need to be on their off side.

His numbers went up when playing with Kessel, now that he's off the line they have come back down to earth. He is still a a more mature player now and better in virtually every aspect then he was before, but that has nothing to do with being on the left IMO. See the other comment too.

I disagree with your notion. Both Lupul and Kulemin play best on their off-wings and last year they were centered by Kadri and it was a deadly line for the time it was together. Lupul and Kadri need to get their mojo back, I think putting a body banger on their line would help a lot, as opposed to Raymond.

My lineup:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel (Big scoring line)
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin (Secondary scoring line)
Holland-Bolland-Clarkson (whoever is better on the wing, either way it's 3 great cycle players)
Raymond-McClement-Ashton (incredible speed for a 4th line, we have enough depth that we can have Raymond on the 4th line, raymond scores much better against 3rd pairings/3rd-4th lines with his speed)

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Tough, I'd use Holland on the wing for a few games, if it doesn't work, bump him to the AHL.

I'm not against trading Raymond at the deadline, He's gone for sure in the off-season, he does bring scoring depth, but so does Holland.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Kadris having a bad year but we should not trade him. When Bolland returns our lineup will look a lot better.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Raymond
Kulemin-Bolland-Clarkson
Ashton-Mcclement-D'amigo (orr if you need a useless tough guy, in Damigo and Ashton you get two hard working Pk guys.)

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson
D'Amigo-McClement-Ashton/Orr

Gunnar-Phaneuf
Gleason-Franson
Gardiner-Rielly

Bernier
Reimer

samwitch

Feb 27, 2008
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Holland - Bolland - Kulemin
Ashton - McClement - Orr

Trade Raymond.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Holland Clarkson
Raymond Kadri Kulemin
McClement Bolland Bodie

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
I did that armchair GM thing on capgeek, and unless it's inaccurate; we'd still be over the cap once we send Ashton, Smith, and Holland down once activating Bolland.

Interesting to see how it turns out. Hopefully Fraser gets buried.

or we finally trade both McLaren & Fraser

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS

Lupul just told the media that "it's been tough" and he would much rather play the left side where he feels more comfortable.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

Uh - his most productive years has been on the left wing. Carlyle flat out said his biggest mistake in Anaheim in regards to Lupul was playing him on right wing.

Right now we're seeing just how bad Lupul is at right wing, he NEEDS to move back to the left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad