Hyman - Tavares - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Nylander
Moore - Lindholm - Brown

Rielly - Muzzin
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Now that Muzzin has been acquired my thinking is trade Zaitsev + 3rd(?) to Vancouver for Tanev (if it can be done for a reasonable price) as I feel he is better defensively than Gudas!

Zaitsev being signed for five more seasons after this one could help Vancouver through their rebuild years and Tanev could help Toronto tighten up the back end until Sandin makes the big club!

This is atrocious for Vancouver, Vancouver is asking for Kapanen minimum back and probably at least a 2nd too. Zaitsev isn't as bad as some other people make him out to be, but he's overpaid and the 3rd does nothing for Vancouver.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Brown - Kadri - Kapanen
Marleau - Lindholm - Ennis

Rielly - - - Muzzin
Gardiner - Hainsey
Dermott - Zaitsev

Andersen
Sparks

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I’m hoping for:

Muzzin-Rielly
Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev
/Oz

Our defence looks much much better.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
KADRI - TAVARES - MARNER
MARLEAU - MATTHEWS - NYLANDER
HYMAN - GAUTHIER - KAPANEN
JOHNSSON - GREENING - LINDHOLM

RIELLY - MUZZIN
HAINSEY - ZAITSEV
GARDINER - OZHIGANOV

ANDERSON
SPARKS

Last edited:
Reactions: sittler rules!!!

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
When Hainsey’s playing sheltered minutes, he’s actually not half bad. This should help basically everyone on the back end by reducing their minutes. Can’t wait to see Rielly with a legit 2/3 dman.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
When Hainsey’s playing sheltered minutes, he’s actually not half bad. This should help basically everyone on the back end by reducing their minutes. Can’t wait to see Rielly with a legit 2/3 dman.
when have you ever seen him play sheltered minutes, on the Leafs?

Reactions: DarkKnight

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
when have you ever seen him play sheltered minutes, on the Leafs?

Fair point, moreso meant when he’s not absolutely gassed and being skated directly into the ground every night. On nights when he seems fresh, he’s actually decent - in a 3rd pairing, PK role I think he’ll be fine.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Now that Muzzin has been acquired my thinking is trade Zaitsev + 3rd(?) to Vancouver for Tanev (if it can be done for a reasonable price) as I feel he is better defensively than Gudas!

Zaitsev being signed for five more seasons after this one could help Vancouver through their rebuild years and Tanev could help Toronto tighten up the back end until Sandin makes the big club!

Vancouver laughs at that one.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Marleau - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Kapanen
Johnsson - Kadri - Nylander
Lindholm - Gauthier - Brown

Rielly - - - Muzzin
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

Andersen
Sparks

Things are Looking Good!
Still think there is another move coing. Like a Gudas from Philly. Plus a Gardiner dump.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I think we might see a Rielly Gardiner top pair for a bit:

Rielly Gardiner
Muzzin Hainsey
Dermott Zaitsev
Marincin Ozhiganov

Everyone but Gardiner slots nicely. Rielly Gardiner pair can play offence and defence and play well together.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm as excited as anyone about this but I still don't think this team is a legitimate threat in the playoffs.
I love the acquisition of Muzzin but it's not enough IMO.
Basically it means that either your excellent #1LHD is going to play the right side and take a step back or your new purchase (also a very good LHD) will play on the right side and take a step back.
But like I said, I like the move and it's an overall improvement but it's not what tips the scales.

That being said, if the Leafs could add Gudas, I think they might be able to make some noise. That would give TO a cycle-disputer/checker/crease-clearer on all three lines (Muzzin/Gudas/Zaitsev), not to mention a big injection of grit.

Rielly - Muzzin
Gardiner - Gudas
Dermott/Hainsey - Zaitsev/Hainsey

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
There's like one team in the league that can boast of a stronger roster. I'm not sure how you can say that we are not a threat in the playoffs. Are we perfect? No, but no team is. Not even Tampa.
The Leafs are like the Deathstar. An offensive juggarnaut that could potentially roll over anyone. But our vent is the dump and chase/forecheck/cycle.
Team's bottom lines can get major offensive zone time and chances because they're so bad at preventing that.
Muzzin helps, but it's not enough. A team like Boston and maybe even Montreal will expose it.
I don't think Dubas is done. I think he'll add a gritty, bottom-pairing UFA guy to play the Polak role, in which case they get much stronger IMO.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Acquire Gudas, trade Gardiner for picks and prospects. Gardiner should be able to acquire something similar to what we gave up for Muzzin. Again nothing off main roster will be dealt for Gudas, and nothing coming back for Gardiner will be in our lineup immediately. If there is a possibility that you can swap Gardiner for a young LW with size, grit and scoring capabilities that would be a coup. But my lines without that player would be as follows:

Marleau-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Kapanen
Brown-Kadri-Nylander
Johnsson-Lindholm-Moore

Reilly-Muzzin
Dermott-Gudas
Hainsey-Zaitsev

Andersen
Sparks

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
The Leafs are like the Deathstar. An offensive juggarnaut that could potentially roll over anyone. But our vent is the dump and chase/forecheck/cycle.
Team's bottom lines can get major offensive zone time and chances because they're so bad at preventing that.
Muzzin helps, but it's not enough. A team like Boston and maybe even Montreal will expose it.
I don't think Dubas is done. I think he'll add a gritty, bottom-pairing UFA guy to play the Polak role, in which case they get much stronger IMO.
I really wouldn't mind a Gudas, like you mentioned above, but I think our struggles against that kind of teams are a bit overstated. Take Boston as an example, it's an almost even record between two very good teams with a ton of even games. I don't see them owning us, outside of mentally due to the playoff series.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Moore - GOAT - Brown

Muzzin - Rielly
Dermott - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev

Andersen
Sparks

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I really wouldn't mind a Gudas, like you mentioned above, but I think our struggles against that kind of teams are a bit overstated. Take Boston as an example, it's an almost even record between two very good teams with a ton of even games. I don't see them owning us, outside of mentally due to the playoff series.
I agree but I just hate feeling that momentum swing when they start fore-checking hard. I don't want to pile on the "soft" angle, but they really are.
The thing about offense is that a hot goalie can negate that completely but a strong, heavy forecheck against weak dman will always be effective and will always produce goals. I'd feel a lot better if they had another guy back their who would make guys like Pasta question peeling out of the corner towards the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00