Edmonton, AB
Lucic-McDavid-Caggiula
Pitlick-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Letestu-Kassian

Sekera-Larsson
Klefbom-Russel
Davidson-Benning

I'm tempted to put Simpson somewhere and replace Benning... Really liked Simpson last night and Benning hasn't impressed me as much as he's impressed some others here. Makes too many rookie mistakes imo. Simpson made that great breakaway pass last night. We need more of that. Maybe a Simpson-Davidson pairing? Also, I like Maroon, I only have him on the 4th line because he had great chemistry with those guys, and that could be the best offensive 4th line in the league. Also think Pitlick deserves a top-6 chance. RNH starting to heat up, Pitlick has a good enough shot and speed to be the beneficiary of a few RNH passes. I don't really like Caggiula on the first line, but... idk what to do. Maybe move him down (to where?) and put Slepyshev in that spot with Lucic and McDavid?

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I'd probably just leave the lines as is, Drai and Pou are starting to find some chemistry, same with RNH and Ebs, heck Lucic last game finally started lo look like the player we've been hoping for. It'd be nice to just leave the lines as is for now and hope the chemistry continues to develop instead of TMac constantly trying to change lines if instantaneous results aren't there

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I dont really know. I'd try something like:

Pou - McDavid - RNH
Lucic - Drai - Eberle
Maroon - Cagg - Pulju
Slep - Letestu - Kassian/Pitlick (Kassian could be swapped for slep / pit)

Seems like Todd wants them to dump and chase alot (unless its McD's line). I think Eberle really needs two players who can win board battles because its not his thing. Any line with Pulju isnt going to work until Todd trusts him and lets him play.

If they really want to play RNH at center. I would do:

Pou - McD - Pulju
Lucic - RNH - Eberle
Maroon - Drai - Cagg
Slep - Letestu - Pitlick/Kassian (Kassian could be swapped for slep or pit)

I think Lucic has been good this year. I am not gonna ***** on him. I just dont think hes really all that effective with McD. I'd try Pou with him.

Pou - RNH - Eberle hasnt been that effective this year. In previous years Pou did the dirty work on the line. He hasnt been that great this year. RNH and Eberle need someone who can win board battles. I dunno if Lucic is that guy though. Hes strong on the boards but he doesnt have great hands really to retrieve the puck but its worth a shot.

Drai has been money on the pp. I think 5 on 5 he needs some stronger wingers though.

Has Drai been tried with Eberle this year?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I'd probably just leave the lines as is, Drai and Pou are starting to find some chemistry, same with RNH and Ebs, heck Lucic last game finally started lo look like the player we've been hoping for. It'd be nice to just leave the lines as is for now and hope the chemistry continues to develop instead of TMac constantly trying to change lines if instantaneous results aren't there

Yeah I think hes goes for the blender too quick. I mean I can see if they need a spark or its in the third period and they need a goal. But seems like he puts in it in a blender after 2-3 shifts in the first sometimes.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Changing up lines for a third period here and there is common, but it seems like he never reverts back to the original lineup the following game.

Finally for the past week or so he hasn't made any major adjustments to the top 9 and from what I saw last night they're starting to find each other on the ice easier in the offensive zone.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm going to go a bit crazy with this.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle (I've seen good things in Eberle's game)
Maroon - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Caggiulla- Nuge - Slepyshev/Kassian
Pouliot - Letestu - Pitlick/Kassian

All this depth is weird.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pitlick was at his highest effectiveness when it was Pitlick-Lander-Letestu. He wasn't overwhelmed with minutes, he was facing the other team's 4th line and he was making simple plays.

I think a month or two from now, we'll see Hendricks out and Lander back up and I'd like to see that line again.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Lucic - McDavid - Cagguila
Maroon - RNH - Eberle
Pouliot - Draisatl - Puljujarvi
Pitlick - Letestu - Kassian

Very conflicted with Slepyshev, hes impressed me but I don't know if he'd benefit from some time in the minors. I'd also bring Lander up as a 13th forward/rotate in on the 4th line, and they'd never waive Hendo so that likely means Slepy gets demoted.

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Russell
Davidson - Benning
Gryba

*I haven't been able to watch the last few games so I can't speak on how Simpson has done.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Lucic McD Nuge
Pouliot Drai Eberle
Maroon Drake Pulju/Slepy
Pitlick Letestu Kassian

2 scoring lines
2 energy lines

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hendo's days are numbered. Pitlick/Caggiula/Slepy/Pulju all bring more.

Personally, if it comes down to Slepy or Pouliot, I'd rather see Slepy in.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Actually, I want RNH with McDavid.

Lucic-McDavid-RNH
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Eberle
Maroon-Caggiula-Puljujarvi/Slepyshev
Pitlick-Letestu-Kassian

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Draisaitl is providing some decent secondary offence. I think we need to just forget about the "3 line offence" though. We've tried that every year for the last 7-8 years and it hasn't worked once.

Lucic McDavid RNH
Maroon Draisaitl Eberle
Pouliot Lander Caggiula
Pitlick Letestu Kassian

RNH is going nowhere until he gets his confidence back and that's never going to happen at this rate, this is now like a full 82 games of sluggish offensive production on his part and its getting worse.

There's no decree that says he has to play center, he's not even particularly great at it (not strong on the puck, not good in the dot, etc.). Many guys like Seguin and MacKinnon and Duchene have played wing, there's no shame in RNH playing there.

Lander has been decent in his stints here too, and good on the PK.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Draisaitl is providing some decent secondary offence. I think we need to just forget about the "3 line offence" though. We've tried that every year for the last 7-8 years and it hasn't worked once.

Lucic McDavid RNH
Maroon Draisaitl Eberle
Pouliot Lander Caggiula
Pitlick Letestu Kassian

RNH is going nowhere until he gets his confidence back and that's never going to happen at this rate, this is now like a full 82 games of sluggish offensive production on his part and its getting worse.

There's no decree that says he has to play center, he's not even particularly great at it (not strong on the puck, not good in the dot, etc.). Many guys like Seguin and MacKinnon and Duchene have played wing, there's no shame in RNH playing there.

And also the one guy McLellan compared RNH to: Pavelski. But I don't see why McLellan is so reluctant to try RNH on the wing.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Go with 2 proven scoring lines, the kid line and an energy line.

Lucic-Mcdavid-Draisaitl
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Slepy-Cagiula-Pitlick
Maroon-Letestu-Kassian

Send JP to the AHL

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary

Lucic McDavid RNH
Maroon Draisaitl Eberle
Pouliot Lander Caggiula
Pitlick Letestu Kassian

I think it's only a matter of time before Nuge gets tried on McD's wing. Drai looked good with Mcd but he's being wasted their as he's capable of leading a scoring line himself.

Nuge can't create enough offense to lead a scoring line, he's better suited as a support player. Playing with McD will give him more time and space to hopefully rediscover his offensive talents. An issue TM has with guys like Pitlick, Pulju playing top line is he doesn't trust them enough to be playing them that much. Nuge can play big minutes and can always take the defensive center responsibilities on that line if he wants to so McD stays fresher.

I don't think Nuge being used as a shutdown center is the proper role for him. Contrary to what some believe, he's not a great defensive player by any means, he's pretty average. He's just been a lot better than the other forwards around here. Even when he's in the right spot, too many times he gets pushed away or boxed out or isn't strong enough to tie up a stick properly. He needs to be way stronger on the puck to be a shutdown guy, I don't see it happening.

Whatever your take on him, I think it's a given that Nuge needs to contribute a lot more than he has been. I think it's about time we start putting him in a position to attack more rather than thinking defense all the time.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Lucic-McD-Ebs
Maroon-Drai-RNH
Pitlick-Cags-JP
Slepy-Letestu-Kass

Sekera-Larsson
Klef-Russel
Nurse-Benning

Tbot

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I agree with Soundwave that we can't do the three line offense any more. We could've tried with Hall but we don't have the offensive drivers any more. If Draisaitl and Puljujarvi progress ad anticipated we could revisit that in a few years but right now we definitely can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad