Goloubef

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Crede has as good of a guess as anyone. Now, what I would LIKE to see is (assuming no trades are made):

Saad - Wennberg - Atkinson
Jenner - Dubinsky - Bjorkstrand
Hartnell - Gagner - Foligno
Calvert - Dubois - Anderson
Karlsson
Clarkson

Murray (L) - Jones (R)
Johnson (L) - Savard (R)
Werenski (L) - Prout/Golobef (R)
Prout/Golobef (R)

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Dubois doesn't have much to gain spending another year in juniors. 4th line doesn't throw him to the wolves and sets up a very speedy line.
CMac and Campbell get put on waivers and go to Cleveland if they make it through.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
My guess is:

Jenner - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Saad - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand
Hartnell - Karlsson - Foligno
Calvert - Gagner - Anderson
Campbell
Clarkson

Murray - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Werenski - Prout
Goloubef

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

This. Except not McElhinney.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Saad-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Dubois-Foligno
Calvert-Karlsson-Gagner
Clarkson/Campbell

Murray-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Werenski-Kukan/Golo/Prout

Bob
CMAC/Forsberg/Korpi

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My guess is:

Jenner - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Saad - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand
Hartnell - Karlsson - Foligno
Calvert - Gagner - Anderson
Campbell
Clarkson

Murray - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Werenski - Prout
Goloubef

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

This. Except not McElhinney.

I think Crede is on mark but with Wennberg's change. (I think Korpisalo should be the backup.) While I don't see Dubois spending the season as a Jacket (LeeSmith's wish), the weakness at C sure gives him a chance.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I like everyone's lines. I will say that we have to figure out who is going to be assigned the toughest matchups. Last year, Dubi's line did it, and those three got killed with goals against. Can Wennberg handle it? Maybe, but would we prefer his line staying with easier matchups, especially if Bjorkstrand is slotted there? Can Dubois handle it? Can Karlsson?

Just one idea:

Saad - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand (easy matchups)
Hartnell - Dubinsky - Atkinson (middle)
Jenner - Karlsson - Foligno (shutdown duty)

It's also possible that the trio of (Calvert - Karlsson - Anderson) could be one of those fourth lines that can handle serious shutdown duty.

** Of course, on the road, the line that gets the hardest matchups is likely to be whatever line scores the most. But I'm here talking about the deliberate matchups.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The reason why I have McElhinney up is I think Bob will be getting the lion's share of starts and McElhinney will come in only for spot duty.

That means Korpisalo and Forsberg will be back in Cleveland splitting starts 50/50.

Then, if Bob gets injured, I expect Korpisalo (or maybe Forsberg depending on how both are performing) to get called up and assume the starting spot.

I think it will be:
Bob
McElhinney

Korpisalo/Forsberg

Then if Bob gets hurt:
Korpisalo
McElhinney

Forsberg
ECHL guy

This approach maximizes exposure for Bob, Korpisalo, and Forsberg. The problem comes if Bob simply doesn't play well. In that case, it may have been better to start Korpisalo up in the NHL.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Saad needs to be 1LW and I prefer bjorkstrand with hartsy. I think the C order should be wennberg-dubi-karlsson . The rest can be plugged in.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think Torts is going to, at least initially, attempt to shelter Wennberg. Which means Dubi will start most of the games and fill the traditional #1 C spot on the lineup card.

That means Saad and Bjorkstrand will be on the 2nd line due to either established or anticipated chemistry with Wennberg, and Jenner/Atkinson will be with Dubi.

The lines will be numbered as a formality, though, and should see relatively equal minutes.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Saad needs to be 1LW and I prefer bjorkstrand with hartsy. I think the C order should be wennberg-dubi-karlsson . The rest can be plugged in.

There's no defined order in the top 6 until one of those centers can really establish themselves. Until then they will rotate those top 3 lines with Dubinsky likely getting bulk of the defensive responsibilities. If Wennberg is the #1C it'll be because he earned it, it's not going to be handed to him. And in that scenario he's likely a 55-65 pt player. But that's best case scenario and this is the Jackets we're talking about

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think Torts is going to, at least initially, attempt to shelter Wennberg. Which means Dubi will start most of the games and fill the traditional #1 C spot on the lineup card.

If Wennberg keeps up where he left off, and he and his linemates are scoring in bunches, then Torts won't be able to shelter him. If they're obviously the most dangerous scoring unit on the team they'll get attention. Though they might keep getting an easier balance of offensive zone starts, like last year.

And like you said, the #1C on the lineup card is just a formality at this point.

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
These are the lines I think Tort's will go with not what I think they should be, Dubi's line is the shut down line:

Saad-Wennberg-Foligno
Hartnell-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Calvert-Gagner-Andy
Clarkson/Campbell

Murray-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Werenski-Prout
Golo

Bob
CMAC

Eikka

May 21, 2015
Saad-Dubinsky-Foligno
Hartnell-Wennberg-Björkstrand
Jenner-Gagner-Atkinson
Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson

Murray-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Werenski-Goloubef

Bob/Korpisalo
CMac

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I really like the lines that have been posted so far, as it is pretty similar to what I have been projecting over the summer. With that being said, I'd like to propose a few different options for the forwards.

Thinking back to last season, there were several pairings of forwards that worked very well. Saad/Wenns, Dubi/Atkinson, Calvert/Karlsson, and Karlsson/Foligno towards the end of the year. I forget where this was posted, but there was some good data that backed up the idea that Jenner and Dubi should be separated, as they had pretty poor possession and scoring rates when skating together. I think that whether or not PLD makes the club out of camp, Jenner should see some time at C. We have plenty of depth at the wings and this could give us more flexibility down the middle.

Hartnell-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Foligno-Jenner-Gagner

If PLD ends up making the club with these F lines:

Foligno-Jenner-Dubois ... or Jenner-Dubois-Foligno (based on C preference)
Calvert-Karlsson-Gagner

Defensively, I would reeeeally like to see Werenski paired with Savard. I know that Johnson and Savard seem like the ideal second pairing, but Prout isn't exactly the greatest skater or that great defensively. So pairing him with Jack offers Werenski some more leeway offensively with Savard.

Murray-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Johnson-Prout

Bobrovsky-Korpisalo

McBackup in CLE.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I really like the lines that have been posted so far, as it is pretty similar to what I have been projecting over the summer. With that being said, I'd like to propose a few different options for the forwards.

Thinking back to last season, there were several pairings of forwards that worked very well. Saad/Wenns, Dubi/Atkinson, Calvert/Karlsson, and Karlsson/Foligno towards the end of the year. I forget where this was posted, but there was some good data that backed up the idea that Jenner and Dubi should be separated, as they had pretty poor possession and scoring rates when skating together. I think that whether or not PLD makes the club out of camp, Jenner should see some time at C. We have plenty of depth at the wings and this could give us more flexibility down the middle.

Foligno-Jenner-Gagner

Calvert-Karlsson-Gagner

Defensively, I would reeeeally like to see Werenski paired with Savard. I know that Johnson and Savard seem like the ideal second pairing, but Prout isn't exactly the greatest skater or that great defensively. So pairing him with Jack offers Werenski some more leeway offensively with Savard.

Murray-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Johnson-Prout

Bobrovsky-Korpisalo

McBackup in CLE.

The info was from this site (Dubinsky's page linked). Their scoring rates together were great, the problem was that the goals against numbers were terrible.

I'd suggest making that lines' job easier, but perhaps ultimately they do need to be split up.

Edit: I like your lines. I'd say if you're going to pair Foligno and Jenner, then Anderson might be a better linemate than Gagner. Only because Foligno-Jenner-Anderson made this beauty happen late last year, in their little bit of time together.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
These are the lines I think Tort's will go with not what I think they should be, Dubi's line is the shut down line:

Saad-Wennberg-Foligno
Hartnell-Karlsson-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Calvert-Gagner-Andy
Clarkson/Campbell

Murray-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Werenski-Prout
Golo

Bob
CMAC

If Karlsson centers the second line, this will result in either one of two things; (a) the CBJ will be in the playoffs, or (b) they will finish 27th again. More likely the latter than the former.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Foligno-Jenner-Gagner

Calvert-Karlsson-Gagner

Murray-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Johnson-Prout

Bobrovsky-Korpisalo

McBackup in CLE.

There was lengthy discussion about Jenner-Dubi in the PLD thread.

I think Jenner with Hartnell is actually a better set based on WOWY and GA%.
But really there's just tons of combinations to try because of the flexibility of so many players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad