Line Combos: Line Combinations with Gaborik in the mix

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Brown-Kopi-Gaborik
Toffoli-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Williams
Pearson/Nolan/Clifford - Lewis - ?

A LW playing RW on the 4th line, Probably Nolan.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Toffoli/Kopitar/Gaborik
Pearson/Richards/Carter
Brown/Stoll/Williams
King/Vey/Nolan or Lewis

How I imagined it as well, but that first line is soft for tough matchups. Can't imagine TT stays there full-time at this point, but I'd be happy to be wrong, since that third line is godly.

In any case, we now have enough depth to roll 3.5 lines without feeling extra vulnerable, which is a HUGE plus.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Toffoli/Kopitar/Gaborik
Pearson/Richards/Carter
Brown/Stoll/Williams
King/Vey/Nolan or Lewis

Vey's in Manch. My issue with Toffoli on the top line is that he doesn't bring enough jam. Not to mention he's not a natural LW. Almost all of the Kings LWs bring the physical element even Dustin who also isn't a natural LW, but he might as well be one as much as he's played it the last 2 or 3 years.

TT73 needs to play on a line where someone else is F1. Maybe The Kings could have Richards slot over to the left with Carter at Center and TT73 on the right...That's not a great defensive line, but plenty of goal scoring that way...

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Don't see any reason to break up King-Stoll-Brown. Their straight forward style has helped Brown a ton. They're a ridiculously good third line with Brown playing well.

Kopitar and Williams have always been great together and it's no secret that finally reuniting them has made both players look better. If Gaborik can effectively play LW, he's either with Kopitar/Williams or Richards/Carter, with Toffoli taking the other slot.

No reason to drastically shake things up when they've been working. The only odd man out is Pearson, which is how it should be.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Toffoli/Kopitar/Gaborik
Pearson/Richards/Carter
Brown/Stoll/Williams
King/Vey/Nolan or Lewis

Not a very physical top 6.

I think Brown or King would be LW on the 2nd line, and if Toffoli's play drops at all we could see Brown and King on the 1st two lines.

A lot of possibilities for Sutter to mix and match though depending on how guys are playing and the game situation.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The flexibility of this lineup is astounding, regardless. We can load up and play physical with the likes of St. Louis, or we can roll Toffoli-Kopitar-Gabby against the likes of the Hawks. A little closer to matchup-proof as a team, especially if Gaborik can get his mojo and speed back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad