Sep 25, 2003
G (oes both ways)
-Eichel
-Moulson

BS (challenge rule)
-Thanks NHL

U (ncomfortable on the left side)
-Pysyk

Also, funny how things picked up offensively when ROR and Reinhart went back together.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Challenge rule strikes again.

That's what today was. That's all it was too.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Eichel's game was very frustrating. His drive on loose pucks, forechecking and off the puck play in general left a lot to be desired.

If he can pull that together he could be just so dominant all over the ice. His hunger level needs to go up if he wants to be that guy.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Just awful how that call sucked the air out of the team/building. What a great goal that never was by Samson :(

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Dear nhl,

You can pick one:

Remove the Coach's Challenge

OR

Get one linesman off the ice, since they are apparently wrong all the time AND in the way of the puck

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Anybody putting Eichel into Good doesn't know what sport they are watching. He was absolutely awful tonight. I don't think he won a single puck battle other than the one where he turned the puck over to Seguin. His "defensive" game is getting extremely overrated simply from the amount of times he has lost a puck battle and then stick checked the puck (that he just gave up) away. He's completely uninterested in engaging physically both for and without the puck. To make matters worse is when he floats around he's not even floating to the right spot on the ice. If you are going to play like that you need to know where to go to pull it off. If he was anyone else he would have been benched by now.

Good: RoR, Reinhart, Ristolainen, Bogosian (kind of), Ullmark
Bad: Everyone else
Ugly: Eichel's Hockey IQ is not as advertised. He's simply not even in the same universe as McDavid or even Reinhart.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
G:
Ullmark
Gorges
Risto
ROR

B:
Eichel
McCabe
Des
Bogo - rusty, rusty
Schaller

Ugly:

Offsides challenge
Ennis doing his best Hodgson impersonation in the defensive zone.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Anybody putting Eichel into Good doesn't know what sport they are watching. He was absolutely awful tonight. I don't think he won a single puck battle other than the one where he turned the puck over to Seguin. His "defensive" game is getting extremely overrated simply from the amount of times he has lost a puck battle and then stick checked the puck (that he just gave up) away. He's completely uninterested in engaging physically both for and without the puck. To make matters worse is when he floats around he's not even floating to the right spot on the ice. If you are going to play like that you need to know where to go to pull it off. If he was anyone else he would have been benched by now.

Ugly: Eichel's Hockey IQ is not as advertised. He's simply not even in the same universe as McDavid or even Reinhart.

Truth

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: RoR, Reinhart on the Pp. Bogo fits well into Bylsma's system. Gorges and Risto looked good against Benn and Seguin.

B: Giving up an early goal. Refs. We cant score 5 on 5.

U: I DVRed the game and thought Ennis looked offsides. I completely forgot about it while the play went on and the goal itself. Then, I immediately pressed fast forward because I just knew.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

I agree he wasn't great but I disagree on hockey IQ. He's not up to the rigours of 82 game schedule. It shows. He's never played this much hockey and he looses focus and energy. He'll get there. His star power is awesome.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

Yep. But if you mention that on this board you get crucified. He's been complete non factor for three straight games now.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Good: O'Reilly, Samson, Bogosian, Ristolainen, Ullmark, Gorges
Bad (or not so good): Pysyk, Eichel, Larrson, Des, Ref's (imagine this game if they had made some obvious calls in the 1st and 2nd)
Ugly (or useless): Ennis, Schaller, Moulson

No difference: Franson, Foligno, Gionta, McCabe, Legwand

The forgotten man: Jamie McGinn

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Holy hyperbole. Reinhart didn't do jack **** tonight until put with ROR. I think Reinhart is one of the smartest players going. So I'm hardly slighting him. But he's also had a far easier role on this team as a winger, primarily in the bottom 6. He gets about 5mins a night less than Eichel at ES. Disco need to wake the **** up and give Eichel some easier minutes to get his head on straight. But either way getting those two players with guys that help them excel matters. Bylsma fails on that front again and again.

There is only one player on this team that is beast regardless of linemates, role or minutes and thats ROR. Reinhart is not remotely in that same universe right now.

The problem is Bylsma just plain sucks ass at player usage. Why the **** was Schaller centering the 3rd line when far better options in Larsson and Reinhart were available? It essentially killed that line from any level of effectiveness. Why isn't Reinhart with ROR every ****ing night? Thats just two examples.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I agree he wasn't great but I disagree on hockey IQ. He's not up to the rigours of 82 game schedule. It shows. He's never played this much hockey and he looses focus and energy. He'll get there. His star power is awesome.
His star power IS awesome. I just don't see an extremely smart Hockey player in there. The major problem he's going to run into is that the game he wants to play simply doesn't work in the NHL consistently. He's going to have a jaw dropping game every 5 or 6 games because of the raw tools but his toolbox is simply good but not elite. Eichel wants to be a Corvette driving down the Autobahn but the NHL is played in the streets of Paris.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yep. But if you mention that on this board you get crucified. He's been complete non factor for three straight games now.

There is a difference between saying he hasn't been playing well (and he hasn't and its been longer than 3gms) and going ridiculous with the hockey IQ shots.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Good: O'Reilly, Samson, Bogosian, Ristolainen, Ullmark, Gorges
Bad (or not so good): Pysyk, Eichel, Larrson, Des, Ref's (imagine this game if they had made some obvious calls in the 1st and 2nd)
Ugly (or useless): Ennis, Schaller, Moulson

No difference: Franson, Foligno, Gionta, McCabe, Legwand

so no mcginn

?

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Eichel and Ennis were awful. ROR was great. That's all I've got.

OP's inclusion of Eichel in the good was just a joke based on Jame's typo in the GDT (that Eichel "loves" with Moulson).

MGIII

Legendary
Jun 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
His star power IS awesome. I just don't see an extremely smart Hockey player in there. The major problem he's going to run into is that the game he wants to play simply doesn't work in the NHL consistently. He's going to have a jaw dropping game every 5 or 6 games because of the raw tools but his toolbox is simply good but not elite. Eichel wants to be a Corvette driving down the Autobahn but the NHL is played in the streets of Paris.

I think you're going to need a better sample size than three November games of his rookie year.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Holy hyperbole. Reinhart didn't do jack **** tonight until put with ROR. I think Reinhart is one of the smartest players going. So I'm hardly slighting him. But he's also had a far easier role on this team as a winger, primarily in the bottom 6. He gets about 5mins a night less than Eichel at ES. Disco need to wake the **** up and give Eichel some easier minutes to get his head on straight.

There is only one player on this team that is beast regardless of linemates, role or minutes and thats ROR. Reinhart is not remotely in that same universe right now.

The problem is Bylsma just plain sucks ass at player usage. Why the **** was Schaller centering the 3rd line when far better options in Larsson and Reinhart were available? It essentially killed that line from any level of effectiveness. Why isn't Reinhart with ROR every ****ing night? Thats just two examples.
Reinhart won his fair share of board battles and intercepted his fair share of passes well before the 3rd period.

Reinhart is playing wing but he adapts to every on ice situation and already plays winger better than any winger in the organization simply because he knows what to do in every situation. Eichel continues to try to fit the square peg in the round hole shift after shift. His passing right now is simply appalling with the brute force dishes he's trying to make. He's completely baffling me too because most of those passes are coming after holding onto the puck and creating time and space. Jack you just did what 99% of NHLers can't do by opening up the ice why are you now just throwing the puck into two defenders when you did all of the dirty work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad